WHX??

Axle Mounting Brackets

WHX??

So another member here @Jason B is in need of this bracket that was missing from a tractor that had a HY-2 pump and cylinder but only part of the bracket that the rear of the cylinder mounts to. I offered a bracket to him thinkin I had a couple laying around.

Turns out the brackets are different.   The bracket with the cylinder mounting stud bolts on front to back the other one top to bottom . Difference in width and heaviness of construction as well. I had thought they were all the same?

20190113_124629[1].jpg

20190113_132123[1].jpg

WHX??

Some one must have cut your cylinder mounting bracket off as it is welded to the cross piece. Hopefully others will chime in if the ones I have will work.

All is not lost tho .. @stevasaurus is hopefully going to pick up this transmission off CL at the end of the week for me. It appears to have the right one on it that I will not need.

00n0n_lClMuBRY6Pj_600x450.jpg

00202_66MGqI3qqYc_600x450.jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1

SPINJIM

I understand that the bracket that mounts in front of the axles is for the 953,1054, GT-14, and some other large models.   The one in your picture also has a bracket welded on, possibly for a hydraulic piston or an electric actuator, but I'm not familiar with that.  Someone else should have that answer.  The bottom bracket in your first picture fits the majority of Horses.  Which model are you trying to fit it to?

Jim

gwest_ca

Here is a list of the early blades

Dozer DNA of short tractor frame dozer blades

1961 model BD-4271 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle - replaced by

1962 model BD-4262 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1963 model BD-4263 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1964 model BD-4264 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1965-1966 model BD-4264A - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1967 model BD-4267 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1968 model 6-2111 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1968 model 6-4111 - First to fit LONG & SHORT frame tractors and first to mount under the rear axle

Looked at each ipl and none show the cylinder mount at the top.

The Hy-2 and Hy-3 hydraulic kits came with the cylinder mount for the left axle housing but do not show the lower dozer A-frame mount.

Was one bolted over top of the other?

Garry

• Like 1

WHX??

The one on the top and left came off a 753 that had a HY-2 on it. It is used for mounting the implement lift cylinder which runs forward and connects to a special rock shaft that came with the HY kit and takes the place of the manual lift arm & rock shaft. I'm guessing the bracket was in with the HY kit also.  Us furrow dogs don't use the bracket because we modify the manual lift rock shaft and mount the cylinder to the footrest bar with the cylinder pointing toward the rear.

1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Was one bolted over top of the other?

No Garry the other one is just one I had off a parts tractor and will probably never use. To my knowledge the only attachments to use it (the axle bracket)  are a front plow or rear mount tiller. Seems like every other score that comes my way has this bracket on it and I am not a front plow guy.

On a 1257

20171225_141801[1].jpg

20180414_173807[1].jpg

On the 753.

20170806_091939[1].jpg

20170806_091933[1].jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Excellent 1