Pullstart

More house work... master bath

Achto
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Dan I still have that backhoe waiting for me too...

I've been waiting for video's of you using the hydraulic's to drag that thing around while you were using it to dig a pond.:)

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, Achto said:

I've been waiting for video's of you using the hydraulic's to drag that thing around while you were using it to dig a pond.:)

Yep, last the seller knew, something in the rear end was broke.  If it digs, it’s for me!  If it’s too much a bear, it might end up as a plow truck bed or Allis Chalmers attachment...

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Achto said:

It looks like your getting close to finishing. This would be about where most contractors would leave this job site & move on to start another job. Knowing this, it might be a good time to break off now and start on a :wh: project.:D

Something tells me there are two ladies who will give Kevin some guidance toward the next project.

1046807214_20191.jpeg.519b5bf27f900c5c8a44d856ee48adac.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

I finished all the drawers in the vanity the other day, now I’m working on grout.  It’s so time consuming on the walls compared to the floor!

99680E73-05A2-4704-803F-A073612552D1.jpeg

A68469A8-B702-4B94-8AD0-222E61DAE023.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Wall grout is a pain! Gravity is no help.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

So close!  I have just the outside of the shower and the curb to grout.

94BC8F59-6D64-45F3-A560-1FEFE853AA07.jpeg

A1245EC4-6A34-48A9-83C5-ED138D18E335.jpeg

• Excellent 2

dells68

Too bad you don’t live close to the big show Kevin - I know where I’d be booking my reservations!:ROTF:

• Haha 4

JCM

@pullstart     That appears to be a whirlpool tub, I think I see 1 jet to the left of the waste & overflow. Just remember when you get all excited to use it for the first time don't use bubble bath, don't ask me how i know, 40 years ago it started heading for the door and out into the hall.     :confusion-confused:      :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

MikMacMike
10 minutes ago, JCM said:

@pullstart     That appears to be a whirlpool tub, I think I see 1 jet to the left of the waste & overflow. Just remember when you get all excited to use it for the first time don't use bubble bath, don't ask me how i know, 40 years ago it started heading for the door and out into the hall.     :confusion-confused:      :occasion-xmas:

LMFAO.....I remeber when I had a call back when I was doing service in T.O. a east Indian family, installed a dishwasher, they used dish soap.......kitchen filled with suds.

And oh yes I charged them the double bubble rate cuz I was late going with the girlfreind to a Rush concert. Really dish soap, lmao!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead

Hahaha, ohhh you remind me a big Fail Mike,

once Saturday morning i wanna start the Dishwasher.

There was a glass with some fluid in, i think it was someting to dring and throw it siply in and started.

What a Fun, a Kitchen full of Bubbles... 🤪

it was a glas of Dish Soap...

Funny Fail.. 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Pullstart

My grout lines are all finished!  I am going to wet sand the whole thing to help cut any excess glazing on the tiles, dehumidify the room and start on sealing the grout!

AD18EE66-C892-4A59-A0D2-22565EB1FAB7.jpeg

7FA473D9-4E5A-4186-9F9B-23019540E641.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Looks great Kevin. 

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Very impressive ! 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Looks like I’ll be working on tractors in no time!

• Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Looks like I’ll be working on tractors in no time!

We are all waiting. !!  :angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 3

Pullstart

It’s time for grout sealer!  I have the entire bathroom empty except for necessities and all the tile is scrubbed, swept and vacuumed!

493125BE-768B-400F-A506-0805A01BFA23.jpeg

CFA6BC1A-4EDB-4B0A-9740-783256B8C43C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I used liquid nails to adhere some cement board to the drain cover.  I’ll clean the squeeze out up and wait another day for it to fully harden,  it’ll get the Redgard treatment.  I’ll verify the drain weep hole is clear and open, then install the river rock.

63B0770C-96DC-4FCF-8FB7-729485DD800D.jpeg

3A30F695-59E6-46D9-A7E9-2F5864B57E83.jpeg

Pullstart

I have a good coat on every wall grout line and two coats rolled on to the shower floor so far.  This has the texture and smell of mineral spirits and seems to last a very long time.  The guy at the store said my tiles should be sealed too, so the entire bathroom will get a rolled on coat too.  I have three bottles and have used maybe half of one so far.

D23F1BDC-A0EC-4E08-8803-349C072164D1.jpeg

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
44 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I have a good coat on every wall grout line and two coats rolled on to the shower floor so far.  This has the texture and smell of mineral spirits and seems to last a very long time.  The guy at the store said my tiles should be sealed too, so the entire bathroom will get a rolled on coat too.  I have three bottles and have used maybe half of one so far.

D23F1BDC-A0EC-4E08-8803-349C072164D1.jpeg

I would have thought the tiles would have already been sealed when they were made, 

• Like 1

19richie66

I used an epoxy additive in my grout that sealed the grout. No sealer needed. Did the floor though anyways just to be safe

Edited by 19richie66
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Yeah, I’m probably overkill.  I just don’t want to have to redo any of this!  :D

Pullstart

Maybe people know this, maybe I’m the only one that was in the dark.  100% silicone is a killer to get right!

I found a video where the guy put the silicone into his joint, then spritzed the area with NON-AMMONIA glass cleaner, then proceeded to wipe with a glass cleaner wetted finger.  What a difference this trick makes!

C18B312D-73EB-4E44-A394-6CC6A56FC9C8.jpeg

3E53FE6F-7681-4BF2-8ABC-B3ED627FFEA4.jpeg

• Thanks 2

82Caddy
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Maybe people know this, maybe I’m the only one that was in the dark.  100% silicone is a killer to get right!

I found a video where the guy put the silicone into his joint, then spritzed the area with NON-AMMONIA glass cleaner, then proceeded to wipe with a glass cleaner wetted finger.  What a difference this trick makes!

I've read that before, but never actually tried it.  Good to know it works!  Your bathroom is really pulling together super well.  I made the mistake of showing my wife your almost finished product and now that's on the to-do list.

Also, there is a package headed your way.  Should be there Thursday or Friday.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, 82Caddy said:

I've read that before, but never actually tried it.  Good to know it works!  Your bathroom is really pulling together super well.  I made the mistake of showing my wife your almost finished product and now that's on the to-do list.

Also, there is a package headed your way.  Should be there Thursday or Friday.

The go karts are parked for the winter Reid, but I might have to test out the “package” on a Horse for time trials!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  thanks again for your sponsorship!

Sorry about your to do list... just remind her the commitment to loose a master bath for at least a year and a half according to my calculations, maybe she’ll not be so demanding? :laughing-rofl:

82Caddy
Just now, pullstart said:

The go karts are parked for the winter Reid, but I might have to test out the “package” on a Horse for time trials!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  thanks again for your sponsorship!

Sorry about your to do list... just remind her the commitment to loose a master bath for at least a year and a half according to my calculations, maybe she’ll not be so demanding? :laughing-rofl:

It's multipurpose, can use it on anything that moves really.

Bad news is, Alex doesn't always have the same timeline that the rest of the world does.  She likes to think construction happens the same way Amazon Prime or the house flipper shows work...3 days and you're all done remodeling this 10k sq/ft home with all new everything.   :angry-banghead:  Now she gets told everything takes 2-3 times longer then it actually should so when it's done earlier then expected it's a pleasant surprise.

• Thanks 1