Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

Granby, MA Charter day Tractor Pull and Show

Rideawaysenior

Thats no problem. Taking 391 will bring you more north, then east and then south. The way I sent you has only three turns. Having the map from mapquest will give you a better visual though.

Horse Fanatic

Jack and Mike,

I wish I could go but I am going out of town this weekend. I'll see you guys another time. Hope it's a great day!

Glenn in Hadley

Rideawaysenior

Coadster,

You are right. 291 is exit 7. Sorry for the mistake.

Jack

Coadster32

No sweat. I finally found 291 on the map, and your directions are right on!! I guess we'll both make it there! :thumbs2: I wll be wearing a shirt with my name on it, (so I don't forget). :thumbs: See you then.

Coadster32

Being that it was pouring out at 6am this morning, We decided not to go. :thumbs2: Bringing two toddlers and the wife two hours away just to be in the rain, isn't good for my health. I was really looking forward to this event for a bunch of reasons. I hope it doesn't rain in PA. in a couple of weeks.

Roundhoods Rule

Same here. My tractors are all nice and clean. Don't want to get them all wet and dirty. I also was looking forward to going. Darn New England weather :thumbs2:

Coadster32

Hine site being what it is, don't know if the right call was made. I hope others that went had a good time. (sure we'll know). Rub my nose in it guys, and let's hear about it, I can take it. :thumbs2:

Rideawaysenior

Well, the rain let up around 7:30 am up here. The track was wet but with some grading and loader work, it was pullable by late in the 9am hour. We started with the farm tractors and at 12 noon broke into the garden tractors. The GT pull was represented with a Sears SS12, a WheelHorse C121, D160 Onan driven by my nephew Ryan, a D160 Kohler and an unknown horse driven by Wayne AKA Crazy Wheel Horse Man. Well, the D pulled about 4,500 LBS stock. I had the blade on the front and we had a clevis on the three point drawbar. For extraq weight, I stood in the three point arms as my eight year old nephew drove. Being it was a slow pull and him being young, I figured it was a safe place for me to be (in easy reach of the controls, and some good traction weight.

I would like to ad, that my friend and I also expiramented with an RJ and a Lawnranger both stock. The RJ has a replacement 3hp Tucky and it pulled about 900 lbs without much struggle. The Ranger did a little less but that was because it only had turf tires.

John AKA WallFish aslo was in attendance. It turned out to be a great day and thank you guys for those who could make it. Those who didn't, it was a gamble it could have gone either way. I won't rub it in any more.

I would like to say that Wayne and Mike had the best garden tractors pulling today and it was awesome to see these little machines pulling in some cases more then farm tractors three times their size.

Crazywheelhorseman

I just wanted to say i had a great time and it was good meeting some more red square members. jack how many block are there total for the garden tractors? also my tractor is an 84 c-175 twin 8 speed.

Rideawaysenior

Wayne,

We have enough blocks to make the sled weigh 4800lbs. I think to start next time we will load an 800 pounder to start and then add on from there. You guys ran us outa blocks. LOL. Real glad to have you there too.

Jack