Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

Granby, MA Charter day Tractor Pull and Show

Rideawaysenior

Hey all, every year, we have a local fair that is held the second weekend in June called Charter Days. It is an agricultural event where my self and a friend of mine with sponsorship form the town host a tractor show and tractor pulls on both Saturday and Sunday of the weekend of the event. I was curious and wanted to put out the invite to all members of Red Square as well as other non members who may have some interest in trying an exhibition pull or would like to show some of their collection to attend. We pull both farm and garden tractors just for fun. I know that it is awful close to the date of the PA show but hey look at it like this. Once you get the horses loaded up to come to Granby, MA you can just leave em loaded for the next weekend trip. :thumbs:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like to attend. This also is a family event and fair. There are plenty of other entertaining things to do such as rides, exhibits, demonstrations of AG equipment, food ETC.

wallfish

That's close enough for me to attend! count me in

Crazywheelhorseman

You can count me in i wouldn't turn down a show and pull :thumbs: and it not far from 91 for all you guys from western CT

Coadster32

I might be able to attend. I don't think I'm going to make it to PA this year. Can you share details, or should I PM you about this?

Bill

Did I hear PULL???? count me in

Rideawaysenior

Really isn't much as far as details are concerned. The Granby, MA Charter Days Event are held on the second weekend of June. Tractor Pulls are Sunday. We were pulling competition before 2007 with Western MA Tractor Pullers Assoc. however for their own reasons, they no longer attend. So, with 2007 being my first year organizing the event with equal share and responsability from my firend Mike who is on Redsquare as Horsin Around, we had a successful turnout that surpassed previous years.

We pull garden tractors and farm tractors from 1,000 lb class to 10,000 lb class. All pulls are exhibition only at this point as our objective is to get people out there to have a GOOD TIME.

We don't pull transfer sleds, we use a dead drag stone boat. It's a steel fabricated sled what we weight with pre measured concrete blocks. The track is a clay track that is really good for pulling. Mike and I have a couple of years of experience in pulling and have found the horses pull the best. A couple of years ago I remember that this guy who owns an Allis Chalmers CA was being heckled because Mikes Wheel Horse pulled more then the farm tractor.

Granby Charter Days is a local town fair that hosts a variety of events. Tractor Pulls on Saturday, live entertainment, food, games, amusement rides ETC.

This year, we are hoping to have a nice display of Farm and AG as well as Garden tractors and equipment.

Below is a link to last years page and information.

http://www.granbyma.net/granby-charter-days.php

Please email or PM me if there is any information that eas not answered.

Jack

Rideawaysenior

Just spoke with a member of the fair committee, and they were wondering how much space would be needed for persons wishing to display some of their machines. If anyone is planning on attending, could you please advise and also let me know how many machines you are bringing? There is no limit, fee or commitment by your reply, I am just looking to get a rough head count.

Jack

wallfish

3 I think 416, RJ, 654? I just hope it isn't a beauty contest :thumbs:

Coadster32

Looks really neat. My wife and I are interested, and will probably bring our two kids. I might bring a freind or two, and perhaps a trailer. I'll get back to you on this info. Looks like a great time. Chris.

Rideawaysenior

Well, we met with the Charter Day committee this evening and it appears as there is a big two thumbs up for the display on Sunday. They did ask for a heads up and I'm keeping a tally. I appreciate all who are responding too as it gives us a general idea as to the number of attendees to expect. So far it looks like there is going to be a good turn out. About thirty people from both Redsquare and our local regulars.

Jack

Horsing around

It will be a lot of fun

I will bring 10 at least

Mike :omg:

CHARGER9AUTO

Well, we met with the Charter Day committee this evening and it appears as there is a big two thumbs up for the display on Sunday. They did ask for a heads up and I'm keeping a tally. I appreciate all who are responding too as it gives us a general idea as to the number of attendees to expect. So far it looks like there is going to be a good turn out. About thirty people from both Redsquare and our local regulars.

Jack

Jack, Count me in I will be their with one tractor my 418-A or '73 8 HP 4-Speed , L-107 LAWN RANGER I have decided yet what to take with me . Ben :omg:

SALTYWRIGHT

HI.......I WILL BE THERE. I WILL BRING A GT-1800 ON A TRAILER. WHAT DAY IS BEST (SAT OR SUN ) WHAT TIME ? RUSS :omg:

Horsing around

the show/pull will be on sun. You can call me for info I am working on the pull with Jack. 413-531-2193

Mike

wallfish

Jack

I know you haven't been feeling to well lately but are we still on for the show / meet & greet ?

In your first post you said it's the 2nd weekend in June but a week before the big show. What is the actual date? the 14th?

I kinda forgot about this until now so it looks like it's a cram session this week for me if it's still a go.

Rideawaysenior

You got it John. It's the 14th. Really looking forward to seeing a good turn out. CT collectors are welcome too. It's really not that far from the CT line. About 35 minutes or so from Enfield.

Coadster32

I'll be there with the wife and two kids. Sorry, no tractors this time. I had it on the calender for the 20th though. I can still make it on the 14th. (if it doesn't rain) :omg:

Rideawaysenior

Just to post an update, it appears that we have many people looking to attend which is excellent. This is more then we anticipated, non wheel horse owners included. Sunday is the day of our event including the show and the pull. We will be starting around 8am and continue on through most of the day. I'm looking forward to seeing as many RS members as can make the trip.

Thanks again for all of your suppost with everything.

Jack

wallfish

Jack,

The only address I could find is Rt 202 and Kendall st.

Is there a specific entrance to use or lot we should park in?

Coadster32

I tagged the Dufresne Recreation Area as where I'm going. Should I assume this is correct? It looks like a pretty big deal up there, so I'm sure there should be plenty of signs. Looking forward to it. I should be there Sunday around 9:00.

Crazywheelhorseman

if i remember correctly you will have to turn on to kendall rd then turn into the area where the tractors will be. and yes it is the dufrense park and you really can't miss it. can't wait to see everyone there. -wayne :thumbs2:

Rideawaysenior

Wayne is correct. No matter which way you are coming on 202, take Kendal St. and about a quarter mile down on the left you will see the entrance. The pull/ show area is at the far end of the lot. Mike Martel and I will be there at 8ish. If anyone has questions or needs help with directions, please call 413-374-9468. We will guide you in.

Jack

Coadster32

Coming from New Haven... Is it worth jumping on 391 to the end, or just staying on 91? Looks like 391 would be a little shorter. A little trivial, as I'll be there either way. Just didn't know for construction purposes though.

Rideawaysenior

Chris,

I would go, 91 north into Springfield to exit 11 which should be the 291 interchange. Follow 291 to the end. It will end as a traffic light. COntinue streight on as 291 changes to Burnett Rd. Follow Burnett Rd. to your third traffic light. This will be the intersection of Holyoke St. and West. St. (Burnett changes to Holyoke St. when you go from Chicopee to Ludlow). Take a left on West St. and keep going almost 6 miles to the end. This will being you into the center of Granby at Rt. 202. (Cumberland Farms on your right, Dunkin Donuts across the street) Take a right and follow to Dufresne. You will see all the signs and the carnival rides on the right. At that point, look for Kendal St. which will appear on your right at the far corner of the park. Take a right onto Kendal and about a quarter mile down you will see the park entrance.

Coadster32

WOW!! I hope I get there. :ychain: From all the maps online, Google,yahoo,etc. Exit 11 is rt.391. That turns into resnic bvld. The third light would be beech street, rt.202. That turns into Purple heart drive when you go over the water. Staying on 202 untill the park, which should be on the right, approx. 6 miles. Turn right down Kendall St. and enjoy. I don't see a left to turn at anywhere, all rights, unless you count the driveway . Like Nascar, only backwards. I hope I see YOU there. :thumbs2:

No offence intended, just as I read you responce, non of the road names sounded familiar. :thumbs: