Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

pfrederi

Three time loser.  I have an AC/DC stick welder a mig welder and a spot welder.  Never been very good at stick or MIG not doing all that great on Spot .  Tried it today to patch some cracks  in a fender pan. Have to get a better feel for time of weld couple sort of burned through..but with my MIG skills I would have burned through worse...

IMG_1019.JPG

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Treepep
On 8/7/2024 at 1:04 PM, pfrederi said:

I am getting to old and 48" decks are getting to heavy to drag in and out for the cleaning that they should have.  Scored this at auction this weekend for $45.  Looks like new.  Now I have to find a new excuse for not cleaning decks more often...

IMG_1015.JPG

You hiding a power wagon?:lol:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

Back to normal for the beast

NIIIIICE 

• Like 2

pfrederi
19 hours ago, Treepep said:

You hiding a power wagon?:lol:

1953   M-37w/w 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger
On 8/19/2024 at 2:22 PM, Ed Kennell said:

What to do when your 1/2 done mowing and the PTO/deck belt decides to retire?

100_0020.JPG.fe380f9c69afae284f3d0d0559fe809c.JPG

Poke around up in the rafters till you find one that fits.

100_0019.JPG.a7ad099dc814324e490cbfdb44a5627a.JPG

Ed that is my brother's method.   I am always fascinated that he can eventually find one out of forty or fifty!!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sparky

Should have changed the oil on this Mag 10 right before I pulled it so I could have warned it up. Oh well, drained it “cold” and she now has fresh Rotella.

IMG_5003.jpeg

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_5008.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, squonk said:

Not really doing it with an actual Horse but the past week I went through all of the spare parts in my shed  Got some plastic totes and threw out a bunch of beat up boxes. Found a few things I forgot I had and a triple pulley I needed in June and couldn't find. Made a lot of room without throwing anything away. Wrote everything down and I am going to put it in a file on the computer. When I use or sell something I can delete it.

NIIIIICE!!!

Sparky
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Not really doing it with an actual Horse but the past week I went through all of the spare parts in my shed  Got some plastic totes and threw out a bunch of beat up boxes. Found a few things I forgot I had and a triple pulley I needed in June and couldn't find. Made a lot of room without throwing anything away. Wrote everything down and I am going to put it in a file on the computer. When I use or sell something I can delete it.

I love when I get a chance to organize some part of my life! 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

As we move all our parts and spares to the new workshop and barn I've been trying to get a little better organization. 

Keep sections. 

Keep like parts together. 

Even doing some labeling. 

It's only just begun but already helping.  

• Like 2

Rick3478

Seasonal de-mousing of the 314 woods beater today.

Hadn't been run in a couple months, and when I fired it up got a puff of chaff out the right side.  Yeah I know what that usually means, checked for airflow and not much coming out.  So parked it in a shady spot and drug out the small wrenches.  Air filter cover off and two capscrews out of the inspection (regulator) module, look in with flashlight.  Yep, packed full of grass, sticks, seeds, you name it, your basic happy mouse home.  Four more capscrews out and pulled the main shroud loose.  Picked and poked awhile and blew it out with air hose.  Spark wire been chewed on, but still more than half left, sometimes good enough is good enough.  Back together it goes and back into service.

• Like 4

Tuneup

After getting its electric pump, the 16 Onan was not really smooth. Hicupped now and again. I had raised the float to its max with the pulse pump for the inclines and that was now kicking me. Set to stock and she mowed the backyard with ease. No incline was too steep. Incredibly smooth and started immediately. Was excited enough to lubricate the old Snapper RER. Did that, leveling the deck, and then was excited enough to try that guide for sharpening blades and it worked great. Great day! Took the RER then out to enjoy the blade and the magneto died. Really weak spark. It's been 25 years so, can't blame the thing. Sigh. More parts. Not excited.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
12 hours ago, Sparky said:

now to decide which rig gets em! 

Ya know...

You should save the stress of thinking about this.  

I'll help you by putting them on my C160-8 Tecumseh Horse. 

:hide:

• Haha 3

Sparky
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Ya know...

You should save the stress of thinking about this.  

I'll help you by putting them on my C160-8 Tecumseh Horse.

:hide:

Nice try pal!! 
 :lol:

• Haha 2

Wheelhorse#1
22 hours ago, Sparky said:

Picked up these brand new Carlisle All-Trails this morning I found on FBM.. now to decide which rig gets em! 

IMG_5052.jpeg

IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5053.jpeg

Great find .I found a set on MP as well but lightly used.I found they work great in the snow too.

I put them on my 12 automatic ,tight fit but they just made it.

IMG_7713.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
38 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Nice try pal!! 
 :lol:

I'm here to help

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

work great in the snow

And,

@Sparky

Have either of you had a chance to use these in a super wet muck or loose mud?

I like the true R1 AG tires because they're self cleaning in forward motion. But I've been thinking about my next set being a more zigzag design like the All Trails. 

The only thing keeping me from them is not knowing how they'll perform in my forest.  

Wheelhorse#1
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

And,

@Sparky

I like the true R1 AG tires because they're self cleaning in forward motion. But I've been thinking about my next set being a more zigzag design like the All Trails. 

The only thing keeping me from them is not knowing how they'll perform in my forest.  

Not mud but dirt with some old surface tree roots .Leveled out a spot for a small garden with the plow ,traction was fantastic without any slippage.I bet they would be good on mud too.

• Thanks 1

Sparky
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

And,

@Sparky

I have found they load up in mud and don’t self clean well, then traction isn’t so great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I have found they load up in mud and don’t self clean well, then traction isn’t so great. 

Like this…

IMG_2029.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
29 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Like this…

IMG_2029.jpeg

How big is your dog?!?!?! :ychain:

• Haha 7