Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
59 minutes ago, squonk said:

out it came

Well done Mike.  

What's HEP?

squonk
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Well done Mike.  

What's HEP?

Local to NY Heating Electrical & Plumbing supply.  H.  E.  P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

112° in the boiler room with both Cleaver Brooks boilers running non stop to maintain 65 PSI. Steam valve at 75% And my chiller was struggling. Another service call on the horizon for tomorrow.

So 99° will feel like a cool breeze! :cool:

• Like 4

formariz
On 7/6/2024 at 7:03 PM, wallfish said:

I don't remember if they put a plate under the H55 Teccys to raise the shaft for those tractors or not, but don't think so. Maybe Cas @formariz could shed some light about changing from a H55 to K91 and fitting the guard.

There is a 1” difference in height from the base to the center of exhaust between the two engines, the h55 being taller. 

• Like 6

Monstrosity

Well it was still hot in the sun but a slight breeze rolled through, I got the seat I picked up from big show 2023, finally mounted on the diesel. I used FASS diesel fuel pump brackets the rest of the GT14 tins and whatever hardware i had laying around.. Seat is not completely centered but itll work for the LIAPA show and pulls20240707_215714.jpg.52cfb88b8d51d3161ca78fa6513337e1.jpg20240708_201451.jpg.64fb7636762a6db4380ab3ffe7e93c1d.jpg20240708_201504.jpg.4b188bdecd25c3722530e7703cd0b2e9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

cafoose

20240709_183657.jpg

• Like 6

76c12091520h
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

What have I done to my Wheel Horse today??? 
  Nuttin!! It’s 98 degrees in the garage :angry-screaming:

IMG_4148.jpeg

Wow, as far as weather goes we're not that far apart and my garage thermometer said 68 degrees. .....probably because it's mounted on the same wall as the ac unit. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

ebinmaine
12 hours ago, Sparky said:

What have I done to my Wheel Horse today??? 
  Nuttin!! It’s 98 degrees in the garage :angry-screaming:

IMG_4148.jpeg

20240707_125122.jpg.1c20c6ae06ab1a46c119aee5853f81da.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Tractorhead
12 hours ago, cafoose said:

20240709_183657.jpg

We can change if you wish...

3F85EA91-384F-433C-93FE-86794212E61C.jpeg.388bb80f5e74e23bc935f244244968bf.jpeg

@Sparky wanna change????

here last week mostly 60-64F and a lot of Rain 🤬

today the first „warm Day“ with 79F. 😇

Missing the Time in the States with some more Summer 🤪😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

lynnmor
2 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

here last week mostly 60-64F and a lot of Rain 🤬

today the first „warm Day“ with 79F. 😇

Missing the Time in the States with some more Summer 🤪😎

Nothing but hot and dry in the Big Show area.  Grass is brown and crops are not doing well.  I'm sure you would be ready for some cool and rainy weather after weeks of this.  :angry-fire:

• Like 1

cleat

Quite warm here as well but it rains every couple of days.

It's like a tropical rain forest.

Grass loves it, I have to Mow every few days.

Mosquitoes also love it. We have a bumper crop right now.

• Haha 4

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Nothing but hot and dry in the Big Show area.  Grass is brown and crops are not doing well.  I'm sure you would be ready for some cool and rainy weather after weeks of this.  :angry-fire:

That‘s true

Weeks with close to 100 Fahrenheit be also not too funny.

I think both is worse the same way.

Too much rain here on our site, the farmers can not mow because all the fields look like ponds.

The fields can not carry a Tracta except of the mass of Moskito‘s we have here.

I was today at a Farmer one valley ahead to buy some potatoes,

they give me little from the first harvest this year.

Not too much but so far good quality. But while harvest sunk the Tractor in the Field.

Now they hope for a few day‘s with better weather.

pfrederi

85.5 out in the shop area (putting an old blade on a snow horse have to push some crushed stone and small rocks don't want to mess up a nice blade.  73.9 in the work room which is where the K341 is slowly going back together

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

73.9 in the work room

Your energy budget sure is bigger than mine! 78 is the setting around here and we are glad to have it with a peak of 98 today.

• Like 2

peter lena

@KW88  refer to the original type / style of rear idler pulley on drive belt , changed out / removed /replaced same type size , with a bigger bearing , also cleaned out and re greased , hi temp 550  flash point grease . seen so much ROTATIONAL MOVEMENT  EASE , over original tiny bearings , don't even think about not  improving on it . any pulley I had with original tiny bearing has  been replaced . actually a simple change out , same type / size , with a  larger bearing , wide rubber side shields , clean out , regrease , get some steel tubing for a press in  3/8 "  ID bolt on  , solid smooth , makes for seamless engagement , TRACTOR  SUPPLY often has  similar  pulleys  with 5 / 8 " ID BEARINGS , you can also spray them red , pete

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Your energy budget sure is bigger than mine! 78 is the setting around here and we are glad to have it with a peak of 98 today.

Our daily in the house temp is anywhere from 68⁰ (not often) to mid 70s over the summer. It's the dry air that's counts more though. 

We have a sleep setting for 60⁰..

I've learned in no uncertain terms over the last few years that temperature comfort is everything.... and non negotiable...

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

Mowed with Morgan the 14-8 yesterday.  Today, nuthen.  Got about an inch of rain last night and drizzled most of today as the remnants of Beryl passed over.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

20240710_185037.jpg.4d3ab827b01aad1ac2174ebc031898f2.jpg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Lotsa horses in that picture…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@TonyToro  more often than not have found rotational / movement points , just do not move / function as they should . that freeing up detailing  has made me a regular  search  / repair follower . rarely amazed  to see a  mechanical anything , that is not totally neglected for  function , no oil on the stick , barely runs , every cable frozen in rust , PTO LEVER ENGAGEMENT  is a screaming , binding effort , to get the , neglected bearings to move. marvel at the clutch replacements , what could possibly  be resisting the movement attempt ? maybe the 12 related  bearings , starved for the right lube ? also like the frozen cables , very basic stuff , 3/1 penetrating oil , does a very simple , recovery , also like a spring assist pull , makes for effortless function . also like the rusty / milky trans fluid , all basics for operation , yet remain hiding in plane site . perfer  , oiled patina over rust , pete    

Handy Don

Finally had some minutes (the grandchildren were playing yard games) to replace the glass bowl on the fuel strainer, mount the mower deck on the 854, and get after the two week growth of grass.

After 40 minutes mowing and the amp gauge hovering at zero, the new-to-me regulator I got at the show was holding at 13.3v. Adjusted it to 14.1v (righty tighty on the screw) and the amps jumped to positive as the battery was.taking more charge. I’ll leave it at this setting for a while and observe the amps and volts while I’m using it.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1