Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Colby G

I just bought a wheel horse with a model number 1 0120 and I'm trying to find info on it. I think it's a 1973, but I'm unsure of the model name. Could somebody give me info on this tractor? Id like to know how rare it is, how much it would be worth, how many were produced, how reliable they were, etc...

IMG_20230714_152924.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
56 minutes ago, Colby G said:

model number 1 0120

That would be a 1973 "no name"  garden tractor.          8 HP  Kohler  K182 engine  with  4 speed  Wheel Horse #5095 transmission      A very dependable Wheel Horse.

It is not a rare tractor and it appears it has had an engine, wheel, and seat replacement.     Also missing the belt guard that is required for proper clutching and gear shifting.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Colby G
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

That would be a 1973 "no name"  garden tractor.          8 HP  Kohler  K182 engine  with  4 speed  Wheel Horse #5095 transmission      A very dependable Wheel Horse.

It is not a rare tractor and it appears it has had an engine, wheel, and seat replacement.     Also missing the belt guard that is required for proper clutching and gear shifting.

Thank you so much, I couldn't find info anywhere!

Wheel-N-It

I wanted to help but I don't know these numbers like Ed does.

That one you bought is a good canvas for putting your own touches to personalize it. A fun project !

• Like 2

Colby G
2 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I wanted to help but I don't know these numbers like Ed does.

That one you bought is a good canvas for putting your own touches to personalize it. A fun project !

Colby G

I have put a little work into it, as he said, it had an engine and seat replacement. And I also put on a new belt and pulley to make it a bit faster because the new engine is only a 6.5 hp.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
On 7/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, JCM said:

Yep, I had to stop spraying the extra satin black that was leftover from my recent paint project on my bald spot, it was starting to run down my forehead with all this rain.

Jim I've got good news on the head spraying procedures for ya. 

Weather telling folks are saying there's a half a chance us northeast inhabitants might actually get out frummundah the clouds n rain for a bit here. 

ebinmaine

Our view from the campsite this mornin.  

IMG_20230715_055544_HDR.jpg.3b779006bd4d0255853feb5187e4bfb4.jpg

IMG_20230715_055547_HDR.jpg.5a963f51616d13faa9036152864060a7.jpg

IMG_20230715_060748_HDR.jpg.358a295b2bc5e6bd9440cd23ca1549e2.jpg

What causes the fishies to clear the water surface like that?

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

What causes the fishies to clear the water surface like that?

Probably chasing food minnows.

• Like 2

lynnmor
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Remember that EB is in skeeter country. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Remember that EB is in skeeter country. 

I'd thought of that too. Skeetos or maybe some other type of hatch happening. 

8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Man I wish I'd had a boat right about then....

• Like 1

peter lena

@ebinmaine  called a bug hatch , started in the low 40 second  time on your film . abd went on . thats what uou look for . the bugs are hatching out of the mud , and making a steady lift to the surface , along the way . they are pulling out their wings , so the feed changes from sub surface to surface .  the survivors get to mate while airborne , mate , lay eggs and die . eggs sink thru the water  to be the next bug hatch next year !  perfect water for a pontoon kick boat / fly rod , kick fins silent , no riffles in the water ,  just sneak up on the hatch , and roll cast  your fly right into the next hatching bugs ,  make your self  part of the hatch , pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
On 7/14/2023 at 9:15 PM, Stormin said:

This morning at 10-20 am put petrol = gas in the C-125 ready for mowing. Ten minutes later it started raining. And it's still raining now at 8-15pm. :rolleyes:

I seems the rain wasn‘t amused about your Planing...

Mowed on Friday late, hope the Clouds be friendly to me.

They be, 1h after i finished a Storm began and all i cleaned up was again a mess. 

🤨

On Saturday i can again cleaned the Whole Area, lot‘s of Branches are broke from the old Birch trees.

2 Older Trees become a widowmakers.

The view from out Balcony has been Changed.

image.jpg.1701a978e6a48392d27bbab76fc18e43.jpg

The 2 fallen Trees been far enough in the Fields, so i have no hurry to clean it out..

... thinking about a New Trailer for That Task ...

maybe with an own Gripper

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 7

ML3

Got the diesel engine placed on RJ. Waiting for engine pulley to get delivered before I start making/modifying motor mounts/plate. Gonna be a tight fit. Fuel tank definitely will need relocated because shifter hits it. Planned to relocate/replace fuel tank & use original filler opening on hood. My hood has been trimmed unfortunately, gonna try to clean it up & make it look better for now. It looks like with fuel tank relocated an original hood should fit.  I'll find one after all the hard work/fabrication is over. IMG_20230716_111636171.jpg.d9b515b3529c3a343a9efc9871d0ab7c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

squonk

**\\ "Official Traditional English Language Megapost! "//** :banana-linedance:

Betwixt

Boots

Dust Bin

Green

Hull

Pliars

Plough

Rotorvator

Skip

Tyres

Verges

Feel free to add to the Tally! (Ho!) :)

• Excellent 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Where are the US translations?  I was hoping for a separate thread. Now I have to remember page 782 , post number 19540. @Stormin Now you see what I have to deal with from Sir Skunky !

• Haha 6

Thatoneguy

I got some parts cleaned up! 

ACC62D47-3027-4E4F-A96F-4A762443F348.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Wheel-N-It

@Colby G, any wheel Horse that can lay it down like that deserves a name !!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
17 hours ago, Sparky said:

I love mowing

I used to. Then we moved here where mutant grass grows year round. While you guys are pushing snow around, I'm still mowing at least twice a month. We had a couple weeks of single digit temps last year, so I got my first December off from mowing.

During the summer, the grass grows about an inch per day. Even more when we have regular rainfall. The grass in the pic below is 6-7 inches tall, and was cut to 2 inches only 3 days ago. 

IMG_20230718_121519324.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Confused 2

ebinmaine

WOW 

SylvanLakeWH
27 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

I used to. Then we moved here where mutant grass grows year round. While you guys are pushing snow around, I'm still mowing at least twice a month. We had a couple weeks of single digit temps last year, so I got my first December off from mowing.

During the summer, the grass grows about an inch per day. Even more when we have regular rainfall. The grass in the pic below is 6-7 inches tall, and was cut to 2 inches only 3 days ago. 

Two words: Got goats? :lol:

image.jpeg.fca5b9f824086c7cc26629d165a42960.jpeg

I've never done lawns year round, and I do love snow and winter, but the uncertainty of snow frequency and amount makes cutting grass a more reliable and predictable activity... but, I can appreciate that it would get old... :(

• Like 2