Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, JCM said:

Yep, I had to stop spraying the extra satin black that was leftover from my recent paint project on my bald spot, it was starting to run down my forehead with all this rain.

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

cafoose
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I ain't seen THAT in a while.... 

Me either

20211109_173913.jpg.5163a8722bc410e8439c5769f5eccbb5.jpg

img076.jpg

• Like 8

Tonytoro416

Hey man I see nothing but sharp looking dudes here. Or some say aged well. I’m 35 years old and have a lot of white coming in last five years. But when they are getting 250,000 dollars for 70,000 homes in my area I don’t imagine it’s going to take long to either be all white or none at all. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

squonk
On 7/8/2023 at 5:30 AM, squonk said:

I'm putting pliars in my little book next to plough! :)

Forgot one. Rotorvator! :helmet:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk 2 more Dust Bin (trashcan?) and a skip . @Stormin Norm can you translate ?

Stormin

Rotavator = Tiller. Dust bin = Trash can.

Skip = Image result for skip  0r  Image result for Skip. Size: 176 x 185. Source: www.wikihow.com  and several other meanings.

Pleased to be of assistance with the interpretation of the ENGLISH language. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

squonk

I saw one of those skips on the back of a truck today. It was on the RIGHT SIDE of the road! :)

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stormin Thanks so much for your help , I am sure that you help will needed in the future with the King's English. Now all we need is a home across the pond for Squonk

• Haha 2

Stormin
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Now all we need is a home across the pond for Squonk

There's an old hen hull up at the farm. Needs some TLC but it should suffice. 

• Haha 4

Stormin

I made some new carb gaskets for my mate, Dunc, over in Scotland. Also made a spacer for betwixt carb and engine. Only material at hand was some ply wood about 2mm thick. Fitted them today with a gasket either side of the ply with a smear of flange sealant between all surfaces. Seems to be working ok, though the carb was a right pig to set up right.

His C-125 was also fitted with new rear boots. A set of liquid filled AGs. Should climb the steep slopes on his property like a mountain goat now.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

squonk

2 more!  Betwixt and boots! :banana-linedance:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 2

ohiofarmer
On 7/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, Tonytoro416 said:

Hey man I see nothing but sharp looking dudes here. Or some say aged well. I’m 35 years old and have a lot of white coming in last five years. But when they are getting 250,000 dollars for 70,000 homes in my area I don’t imagine it’s going to take long to either be all white or none at all. 

what is driving the prices up? Greenville Ohio is fifteen miles from there and I do not see such great appreciation over here. Law enforcement against drugs is not effective contributes to that. However, Brookville Ohio is getting a million sq, ft. addition on the Duramax plant. I see country houses going pretty dear in the future from Arcanum south

Tonytoro416
5 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

what is driving the prices up? Greenville Ohio is fifteen miles from there and I do not see such great appreciation over here. Law enforcement against drugs is not effective contributes to that. However, Brookville Ohio is getting a million sq, ft. addition on the Duramax plant. I see country houses going pretty dear in the future from Arcanum south

I know right where you’re at there in Greenville. Union City has two homes in town for sale right now that were built less than a year ago. Both started at 350,000 dollars plus.  They are both still empty also.  Brand new homes.    North and south of town the country homes are almost untouchable.  They are high priced and sold faster than you can even think about looking at the place.  You almost have to know someone that would give you a heads up that the place is going up for sale.   It’s unreal.  We have an acre of farm ground around here going for almost 22000 dollars. Little farther north a good friend works for Crown and says they have seen an unbelievable in flux of people from California moving here.  They sold their 1200 square foot condo out there for 6 or 700,000 and then come here and buy what I would call a NORMAL ranch home in town for 200,000 plus and pay cash. They are just tickled to death

davem1111
5 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Is that what you can see just south of I-70 near the Lewisburg exit?  Something tall... maybe it's something else?

18 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

I know right where you’re at there in Greenville. Union City has two homes in town for sale right now that were built less than a year ago. Both started at 350,000 dollars plus.  They are both still empty also.  Brand new homes.    North and south of town the country homes are almost untouchable.  They are high priced and sold faster than you can even think about looking at the place.  You almost have to know someone that would give you a heads up that the place is going up for sale.   It’s unreal.  We have an acre of farm ground around here going for almost 22000 dollars. Little farther north a good friend works for Crown and says they have seen an unbelievable in flux of people from California moving here.  They sold their 1200 square foot condo out there for 6 or 700,000 and then come here and buy what I would call a NORMAL ranch home in town for 200,000 plus and pay cash. They are just tickled to death

So, I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. My history goes back quite a ways in that little area right there. My great-great-great-great-grandfather came over from Germany to that area, and the little town of Pyrmont just a bit south between Lewisburg and Brookville was named by him or him and others that came over together, after the town "Bad Pyrmont"  ("Bad" meaning "Bath" in German, I guess they had a popular bath house or hot springs there...).  Lots of ancestors in Pyrmont Cemetary. You could hear the trucks on I-70 from my grandpa's farm at times (after they built it - before that it was the old Route 40 but that was a bit farther north.). If I remember correctly, my grandma was born in that farmhouse - I guess it went from her side of the family to his at some point. They went to a little church about 2 miles away since I can remember till the day they each died. Grandpa farmed, raised chickens and rabbits, and had a feed-and-seed business out of his barn. He was also a nationally known rabbit and chicken show judge.

Mom & Dad both grew up in that area. We lived in Lewisburg for a while, I was born in Dayton. Dad started working for NCR's printing division, and a few years later we moved down to Washington Court House, then got a 100 acre farm near New Holland. Dad worked the night shift in the factory, and worked the farm part of the day - crops and about 100 head of sheep. Mom would take us kids out to a field with our toy tractors, drop us in some soft dirt at one corner, and work the fields too. That was my early childhood. My Dad's cousin and he were great friends and we spent lots of time with them and their kids. They had a farm off Hoke Road near Clayton, land that is now part of the Caterpillar Logistics facility. My aunt's second husband was from Arcanum. They live in a new house built where grandpa's farmhouse used to be... it was too far gone to fix up.  Lots of fond memories there, beautiful rich black fertile soil. Friendly, helpful, hard-working people. Good stuff.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Load em up and Head em out!

IMG_20230713_181756.jpg.fdfd69b2f6021a4f4331dc2d726e0f11.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

elcamino/wheelhorse
18 hours ago, squonk said:

2 more!  Betwixt and boots! :banana-linedance:

Why don't you start a thread on British words and the American words that have the same meaning? It would save @Stormin time translating and the rest of us trying to figure out the meaning of the words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

D_Mac
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Load em up and Head em out!

IMG_20230713_181756.jpg.fdfd69b2f6021a4f4331dc2d726e0f11.jpg

WHERE YA HEADED ERIC?

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

WHERE YA HEADED ERIC?

Owl's Head Sir!! 

D_Mac

Truck and tractor show? There is a new movie out called WarHorse. Makes me think of BBT's tractor and the hat i sent her.

• Like 1

D_Mac

Also this brewery in @squonks neighborhood.

images.png

War-Horse-Bar.jpg

• Like 1

oliver2-44
14 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

in flux of people from California moving here.  They sold their 1200 square foot condo out there for 6 or 700,000 and then come here and buy what I would call a NORMAL ranch home in town for 200,000 plus and pay cash. They are just tickled to death

Sorry to hear that. Over the last several years they drove Austin and surrounding Central Tx prices to ridiculous levels.  Surprisingly, (Dun) suddenly the Austin housing market has tanked .  Even Homer could have seen this coming, Duh!  

Stormin

That's like up here in the North of England. Southerners, (I have to be carefull here. SWMBO is one), sell their property and buy places up here. The Lake District near me is a national park. Locals can't afford the prices they pay and many properties are holiday homes. Southerners aren't the only ones though. The National Trust pays way over the odds for farms and land. :orcs-censored:

Edited by Stormin
  • Sad 1

Stormin

This morning at 10-20 am put petrol = gas in the C-125 ready for mowing. Ten minutes later it started raining. And it's still raining now at 8-15pm. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1