Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Tractorhead

Firstly i improvision a Workshop as quick as possible.

83FB5320-291D-44AF-985F-9971C811DE9C.jpeg.448ccd9a03fc6a4c3dab869004c8bb91.jpeg

There are a lot of things they must be brought over, but the essentials are there.

So i do today a Service Day on all my Machines, they have to work yesterday but especially for my Horse.

BD72FC0E-82F4-49AA-B074-E60E715A6E5D.jpeg.91e4b57b4d2d963355f7c91bde4b77d6.jpeg

give all Machines a completely cleanup, than grease them all at least

i try to remove that dubious paint mixture, back to it’s old Patina.

Now while it‘s covered in a own Shed, i can keep it. 

Only on the rear fender plate the Paint fluidfilm mixture works and stay‘s.

i like my Idea with the Dust- and Raincaps over the Frontaxle spindles.

They last and make it look good.

Ah forgotten i remounted the original deckwheels back on.

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 9

johnnymag3

Stainless flat washers help scuffing the paint when you torque the Fasteners also.....They do make Phillips head fasteners also if you want to keep your horse correct looking

JMHO...

John

• Like 1

Jhook
On 9/18/2020 at 10:56 PM, muz123 said:

More mowing seat time on the 07! 

IMG_7771.jpg.876b87c1040224874658eb1a710f653c.jpgIMG_7772.jpg.87dc1f7c6f4a2463ee5806c106cd715d.jpgIMG_7773.jpg.daebe96b8a50da9c77dcda83acda1d3e.jpg

Those anniversary decals and paint on yours looks so good compared to mine. Wish the previous owner took better care. Decals are all cracked and faded, need to get a set of 60th decals made at some point. That thing looks great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

rjg854

Changed the engine oil and tranny oil and filter on the 1076 yesterday. Today I did both 68 Commandos and the 854. Only have the 16 auto and C160 left to do, but I'm waiting for the filters that I ordered to get here. That way everything will be ready for winter. Most will sit till Spring, the 1076 will be the plow tractor and the 16 auto has blower duty.

• Like 4

Lagersolut
2 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

Stainless flat washers help scuffing the paint when you torque the Fasteners also.....They do make Phillips head fasteners also if you want to keep your horse correct looking

JMHO...

John

Yep - I have a whole Christmas list coming next week I ordered online yesterday - already did a horse and a half with the stock I had before this one flat and lock are on the way :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Jhook

Greased my 315-8 and Got the 69 trailblazer 5 running and operating today. You guys think i should leave it as is or repaint? All the metal is solid no rot on this unit 

20200920_180224.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, ArturHawk said:

pulled out some shrubs

Glad you mentioned the shrubs, I was reading a glanced at the first picture and figured that was the world's ugliest hot tub!              :ychain:

20200920_170142.jpg.40137b7af933bdd74ccbd87492ec0030.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, Jhook said:

Greased my 315-8 and Got the 69 trailblazer 5 running and operating today. You guys think i should leave it as is or repaint? All the metal is solid no rot on this unit 

20200920_180224.jpg

If you leave it I would oil it up so it’s got some protection from salt and water... 

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

Lagersolut
46 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Mounted up some V61s for the 1055 and touched up the mounting scratches. Couldn't install the other one... short on wheel bearings. Just gotta have a talk with the parts guy here! These are deep dish style rims @pullstart gave me off a parts Sears he got at a auction. Thanky Kev. Spacer bushings need to made to run them and would have been REAL handy to have a lathe to turn them to lenght. Need to have a talk with the tool manager too! :lol:

20200920_141230.jpg

20200920_141249.jpg

20200920_153831.jpg

20200920_184045.jpg

Those lights right above the axle have my interest ...what are they ..look like LED ...:eusa-think:

• Thanks 1

Jhook
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Mounted up some V61s for the 1055 and touched up the mounting scratches. Couldn't install the other one... short on wheel bearings. Just gotta have a talk with the parts guy here! These are deep dish style rims @pullstart gave me off a parts Sears he got at a auction. Thanky Kev. Spacer bushings need to made to run them and would have been REAL handy to have a lathe to turn them to lenght. Need to have a talk with the tool manager too! :lol:

20200920_141230.jpg

20200920_141249.jpg

20200920_153831.jpg

20200920_184045.jpg

Those tires look great. Ive been wanting to upgrade my front tires since i put deestone ags on the rear. Any recommendations? I mainly mow and tow a dump cart, will be plowing soon as well. Thats all until i find a loader or decide to build one 😎 but not sure i ags up front will be good too? Lmk what you guys think

Screenshot_20200920-212504_Gallery.jpg

WHX??
54 minutes ago, Lagersolut said:

Those lights right above the axle have my interest ...what are they ..look like LED ...:eusa-think:

They are indeed Lager... dirt cheap off the jungle site. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, WHX24 said:

They are indeed Lager... dirt cheap off the jungle site. 

Can you PM the link for those Jim?

Pullstart
9 hours ago, Jhook said:

Those tires look great. Ive been wanting to upgrade my front tires since i put deestone ags on the rear. Any recommendations? I mainly mow and tow a dump cart, will be plowing soon as well. Thats all until i find a loader or decide to build one 😎 but not sure i ags up front will be good too? Lmk what you guys think

Screenshot_20200920-212504_Gallery.jpg

Ribbed tires would be great up front for all you’ve mentioned!  You could do some skinny 3 ribbed tires with narrow wheels or the 5 or 6 rib wider ones too.

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Ribbed tires would be great up front for all you’ve mentioned!  You could do some skinny 3 ribbed tires with narrow wheels or the 5 or 6 rib wider ones too.

Agreed. Just keep in mind if you do actually intend to build a loader for that tractor you want to make sure the tires you buy are rated to hold the total combined load. 

• Like 2

WHX??
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Can you PM the link for those Jim?

Coming right up fellas. They are water proof and very bright and draw very little power. We also mount them on the back for night plowing. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCWMK9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the ones but you'll find more like them too. 

• Thanks 3

Jhook
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Awesome. Will probably go with the wider 5 or 6 ribs then. They'll be fine for pushing snow? Also should i get the same size as factory or do you guys go slightly larger/wider

WHX??
14 hours ago, Jhook said:

Thats all until i find a loader or decide to build one 😎 but not sure i ags up front will be good too? Lmk what you guys think

V61's are a great loader tire and they are offered in many sizes and ply. 6 ply would be your best bet.  Most if not all Vredersteins run tubes. 

These https://www.millertire.com/products/lawn-garden-tires/16x6-50-8/16x6-50-8-firestone-3-rib-front-4-ply/ would make a good loader tire I suspect. 

• Like 2

Jhook

Well i sealed the deal and agreed on a price to go pickup a snow cab of a c-141 to fit to my 315. Not sure the difference but hoping i can get it to fit nice. Its a wheel horse brand. Seller says the windows are missing and theres some tears, hopefully i can fix it up and be warm and dry plowing this winter. Excited to go pick it up later

Screenshot_20200921-123918_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, Jhook said:

Awesome. Will probably go with the wider 5 or 6 ribs then. They'll be fine for pushing snow? Also should i get the same size as factory or do you guys go slightly larger/wider

Same size as original, prolly 16 or 16.50 x 8. You could go to 18's if you had slightly larger on the rear.  

Truth be told I put V61's on the front of a snow beast and thought it would steer better on ice/snow but not really that much better than stock turfs. 

Andy N.

Got these in the mail today! 8" front wheel weights & 6" front wheel hub caps. All in very good condition. 

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Ahhaa Andy.... kinda hard to run both I best just come get those weights...... 6' caps won't work on 8 inch rims I best take them too ! :ph34r: :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

johnnymag3

I might take them too.....The guys are right here on Red Square.........................................

• Like 1