Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, squonk said:

My offer of free labor is in! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Youda man Mike

• Like 1

D_Mac

@Tractorhead Just a reminder as to what happened to me when I let someone drive one of my tractors.

20200822_142606.jpg

20200822_141208.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Wheel Horse 3D

Usual easy day at work, hardest part of the day is figuring quips to pester folks on Red Square!

Then i pay the piper for my usual relaxed job by receiving notification of 50 plus units to be tended to. At least it was able to keep untill monday!

Got home, pull a print, start a customer print, and grab my 12amp power supply and out to the shop to do some torture testing of headlight lenses. While Im here might just go ahead and wire up the Caballo Diablo LED ornament!

16210318067008679001256501446171.jpg

20210514_182310.jpg

• Like 5

Gregor
3 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

@Tractorhead Just a reminder as to what happened to me when I let someone drive one of my tractors.

That's scary !    :crying-blue:

D_Mac
2 minutes ago, Gregor said:

That's scary !    :crying-blue:

Scary thing is, is that wasnt even the tractor he was driving !!! He smashed the one he was driving into that one! Before he got on it he told me he plows the city sidewalks in the winter. He came down the driveway on the Cub Cadet, and drove right into my Home made tractor and that Lambert that I had just finished restoring. Everything could have been a lot worse. The Cub just had a scratch, the home made just bounced right off, and the Lambert was smashed between the Cub and the curbing on the driveway you can see in the photo. If the curbing wasnt there he would have went right through my neighbors fence.

20200829_183522.jpg

20200715_110751.jpg

20200420_163232rt.jpg

• Like 2

Oldskool
20 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

20200822_142606.jpg

20200822_141208.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!! What the heck happened with that?

Gregor

My wife thinks I should have each of the grand kids drive a tractor in the parade. Sometimes.my wife is not a very good thinker. :confusion-confused:

I hope that's just the wheel.

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 4

D_Mac

Yeah. Bent the center of the rim. Miracle there wasn't more damage. Took it to my cousin and he straightened it out for me. Learned my lesson though.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Yeah. Bent the center of the rim. Miracle there wasn't more damage. Took it to my cousin and he straightened it out for me. Learned my lesson though.

Man ...:ranting: 

Wheel Horse 3D

Got the cabllo Diablo wired up! Thinkin of a seperate switch, so I can ask folks to look really close at that ornament. Nothin unusual? You sure?Then flip it on. Or just roll around in the dark as a pair of glowing eyes!

20210514_204602.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Also forgot to put a pic of Dugs seat back!

20210514_201406.jpg

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

Took the mower deck off I decided to push a little dirt. The 414 are strong! And... 

She cleaned up well too! Have more to 

do this weekend!

7D8226A3-CA88-46D2-9D33-1D26AAAED67E.jpeg

9201DA65-98BE-46A9-9627-E83E92430965.jpeg

E63797CB-8112-4DA6-9B4F-3D7D14AA7097.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

kpinnc
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:
  2 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Hope the driver learned one too - unless he was family. 

...Like the effort required to remove a boot from his rectum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Horse Newbie

Pressure washed my 48 inch SD deck today in preparation for an overhaul...I started a thread under "implements and attachments" to share the progress, and to get advice and help...and maybe help someone else out too.

20210514_174949.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

So today in between projects and chores, I piddled with my plow that I bought a few months back...

It was froze up from sitting in the weather and I had been soaking it in penetration oil for a few weeks.

Today I thought I would try to see if I could turn the adjustment handle..I got it freed up, but I have a question...

What is the purpose of the nut and washer that my blue pen is pointing too ?...

I see if you turn it so that it moves to the left it will jam up against the threaded rod bushing, and turn when you turn the rod, so what purpose does it serve ?...It does not "lock" anything.20210514_154632.jpg.a2a09fb7ca4533bc73d152dd740be745.jpg

This is the "lock nut"20210514_154624.jpg.fa82ee8829aa4c7b7172970c2df462dc.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie

Tractorhead
8 hours ago, D_Mac said:

20200822_142606.jpg

20200822_141208.jpg

I don‘t leave them unattendend, allway‘s took an eye on them.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

D_Mac
2 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

I don‘t leave them unattendend, allway‘s took an eye on them.

Oh he wasn't unattended. I stood there and watched him do it. If I didn't run over and turn the key off the Cub was going to climb right over the Lambert. He was test driving the Cub to buy it. He left without buying it. Gave me 100 for damage.

• Sad 2

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Gave me 100 for damage

Good that you got that much at all but it wasn't enough. 

• Like 1

TonyToro
7 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

So today in between projects and chores, I piddled with my plow that I bought a few months back...

It was froze up from sitting in the weather and I had been soaking it in penetration oil for a few weeks.

Today I thought I would try to see if I could turn the adjustment handle..I got it freed up, but I have a question...

What is the purpose of the nut and washer that my blue pen is pointing too ?...

I see if you turn it so that it moves to the left it will jam up against the threaded rod bushing, and turn when you turn the rod, so what purpose does it serve ?...It does not "lock" anything.20210514_154632.jpg.a2a09fb7ca4533bc73d152dd740be745.jpg

This is the "lock nut"20210514_154624.jpg.fa82ee8829aa4c7b7172970c2df462dc.jpg

Can you show a full picture of the bottom plow? I’m thinking that nut is to lock down the barrel from turning and changing depth.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
7 hours ago, cschannuth said:

I let the grass go a few too many days so I dug out the old rusty lawn sweeper and swept up about six loads behind the 606.5.5B49C163-C637-4ECD-A175-11000B7D7085.jpeg.e0bf9bb60493a6c0519353975679a475.jpeg

Nice rig ! I can't stop looking at those wheels on that little ranger pick up. Those are getting hard to find!:ph34r:

• Like 4

Shed
22 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Well I am STILL painting wheels. I took the rear wheels off the 875 to paint. Even though I still have not got an engine for it I want it to look good. I put on the spare set of AG tires and wheels I had and well...... I am starting to like how they look. Might just leave them on. I also ordered new throttle and choke cables for the 1075. Looking into getting a new carb for it as well. Seems to be only 2 choices. 15 dollar cheapy or 100 dollar one. Anyone have any thoughts on carbs for the 1075 ? The one on it now I believe to be a replacement. It also leaks from the bowl. 

20210514_093624.jpg

20210514_093507.jpg

20210513_114254.jpg

What size tires are on that 875? I'd like to put tall skinny r1s on a 416 h for use in the garden make it more farm tractorish. 

Has any one done this to a 416? 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Shed said:

What size tires are on that 875? I'd like to put tall skinny r1s on a 416 h for use in the garden make it more farm tractorish. 

Has any one done this to a 416? 

Shed the ones on D's ride are likely 6-12. 

You could also use 23 x 8.50-12. 

Lots of options. 

Avoid Deestone as a brand only because their tires notoriously VERY small.  

• Thanks 1

ohiofarmer

I bought a Harbor Freight ATV sprayer for free with settlement money from their class action lawsuit. Lots of five star reviews, and I agree I set some 2x4 from under the footpegs  and resting on the front axles and strapped the sprayert up to the front of the tractor. I fashioned an array of four sprayers two feet apart for a spray boom that will cover 8 feet per pass. With air injection nozzles from Teejet, there is no spray drift. with that little 40 pSI pump, there is no spray period, just water droplets, so perfectly safe to have it out front. I tested the pattern by spraying over concrete and she worked great.

I have wanted to try a front mounted sprayer for some time now, and the low output low pressure pump is just right for the application. It sprays out pretty quick, so maybe 6 to eight ounces of full strength spray per 15 gallon tankful would hit the target rate of a pint per acre.

If you decide to buy one, about the only complaint there is is the durability of the pump. still, at 80 bucks on sale or a hundred full price, I see no issue, I already have a pump from an old sprayer that would require a pressure reducer so  I would still recommend as worth it even if the pump fails

I think I hit it aboutt right, because the dandilion are starting to curl

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1

Gregor
23 minutes ago, Shed said:

Even though I still have not got an engine for it I

Looks to me like it has an engine on it. :confusion-confused:

• Haha 1