Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Horse Newbie
On 5/5/2021 at 9:23 PM, Gregor said:

When they stop real fast, it hurts !

They stop...you don't...pain !

Edited by Horse Newbie

Horse Newbie

After I washed my 1994 520H, I was gonna apply a few more decals I got from @Vinylguy...but I can't remember where this one goes.

It looks like it may go on the deck, but I did not order any deck decals yet...

Anybody have a 1994 520H that could post a pic showing if it goes on the tractor ?

20210508_182051.jpg

20210508_182132.jpg

20210508_182226_HDR.jpg

20210508_182151.jpg

• Excellent 3

Thor27

It goes on the right side of rear axle

Edited by Thor27
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
17 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Heck, how cool is that -

That clears something -  Wheelhorse allready invented the Autopilot back in these Day‘s.

Sorry Mr. Musk your Autopilot in the Tesla is nothing new - here is the evidence..

👍😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

ranger

If you intend grinding off the weld bead you have applied, especially on thin material, make sure you have full penetration or you run the risk of cracks returning. If you need a decent surface finish, consider welding the underside of the weld before sanding. You’ll have ‘Thicker’ material to work with and be able to lay a bead down. This ‘Cap’ weld will also help refine the grain of the previous weld. You can then sand down the visible outside weld without losing too much strength, or weld the inside first? Cracks generally radiate from highly stressed areas, so the last thing you want to do is add material to reinforce an already stressed and weakened area, then remove it, pin holes, craters, etc, in welds become ‘Stress raisers’ and the cycle continues!  Mentioning excavator boom repairs, ones I’ve seen that have been properly repaired, have additional reinforcing plates added to span the repair and do not rely on the weld alone to hold together a previously failed highly stressed component. Also they don’t remove welds for appearance sake on such critical items.

Doug

Edited by ranger
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Goldnboy

Did some tilling yesterday with the B140-8. 

First time tilling since upgrading to 14Hp and adding hydraulic lift. The hydraulic lift makes this so much more fun.  However installing  the tiller is a bear. That right idler pulley has to to be positioned just right to latch in. Also I had much much better  performance using the older L-shaped mid idler and had no belts flipping off the pulley 

20210508_152848.jpg

20210508_153545.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

ohiofarmer

I replaced the gear oil in a commando [I think] 800.  I put it from a 2 gallon container into a quart sized squeeze bottle and then through the toolbox mounting hole in the transmission. BTW, I think a rubber grommet from a Harbor freight box-o-grommets is a good thing to do in case the bolt threads do not exclude moisture. TSC 2 gallon container was much cheaper to buy than any other way at $28.I also need to purchase some gear shift boots....

Gonna do at least five more, so buying in bulk makes sense. Filling a tractor without a top check stick was a new experience, but as usual, plenty of help from you guys

Thanks!!!

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 5

Horse Newbie
14 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Vinylguy...but I can't remember where this one goes.

I found where it goes... back of differential housing... right side.

Snoopy11
8 hours ago, ranger said:

If you intend grinding off the weld bead you have applied, especially on thin material, make sure you have full penetration or you run the risk of cracks returning. If you need a decent surface finish, consider welding the underside of the weld before sanding. You’ll have ‘Thicker’ material to work with and be able to lay a bead down. This ‘Cap’ weld will also help refine the grain of the previous weld. You can then sand down the visible outside weld without losing too much strength, or weld the inside first? Cracks generally radiate from highly stressed areas, so the last thing you want to do is add material to reinforce an already stressed and weakened area, then remove it, pin holes, craters, etc, in welds become ‘Stress raisers’ and the cycle continues!  Mentioning excavator boom repairs, ones I’ve seen that have been properly repaired, have additional reinforcing plates added to span the repair and do not rely on the weld alone to hold together a previously failed highly stressed component. Also they don’t remove welds for appearance sake on such critical items.

Doug

Could also put a piece of material (steel) on the underside and proceed welding from above...!

Only works if the surface is a plane... perfectly flat that is...

By the way, Doug, the place on the tractor that I mentioned could have been ground down without losing integrity. Someone was just being lazy in repairs, thus the tractor lost value. This is also true of hoods, body panels, and mowing decks!!! Now... major frames or other structural areas must remain with weld beads intact.

On thin metal, Tuneup should be getting good enough penetration to grind them down, in my experience. I would love to see pictures of the underside of the welds that Tuneup is making though!

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
By the way...
  • Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Spent 3 hours today tracing wiring on 312-8 that died last week. Finally found the broken wire and replaced it. It cranks by key now.  Still no go , runs on starting fluid then dies. Removed fuel line from pump, plenty of flow. Pull line from carb , no gas. bad pump. Thanks to @pfrederi for the Facet part number. Now the waiting game begins unit it arrives.

• Like 3

squonk
12 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Spent 3 hours today tracing wiring on 312-8 that died last week. Finally found the broken wire and replaced it. It cranks by key now.  Still no go , runs on starting fluid then dies. Removed fuel line from pump, plenty of flow. Pull line from carb , no gas. bad pump. Thanks to @pfrederi for the Facet part number. Now the waiting game begins unit it arrives.

Napa 610-1051. Yes it costs more. But you get it most likely in a day and you help keep a local store open instead of the internet. You may have an emergency some day and the place is closed! 

Fuel Pump (Solid State Cube Type) BK 6101051

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Mike in NC

I got my electronic fuel pump at Autozone. It is a Mr. Gasket brand. Up to 3 PSI. Installed it on my Bronco 14 a few years ago and works great.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

fired rite up! 

I've been running the wheels off this thing

That'd be a great little yard buggy worker for you and the Mrs. 

• Like 2

Oldskool
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That'd be a great little yard buggy worker for you and the Mrs. 

I have a 48in rock rake I'm going to tow. Seems like a good one for that

• Like 2

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I have a 48in rock rake I'm going to tow. Seems like a good one for that

Yessir.  

• Like 2

pfrederi
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina and her mom spent some time splittin' firewood.  🔥 :chores-chopwood:

We've got a decent jump on next winter but still a ways to go. 

IMG_20210509_155806795.jpg.97de3d5d19f51bd26d143d32292db2b9.jpg

That's the Charger hydro pictured. I pulled a couple 2/3 loads (trailer back empty) from the forest. 

I will call my coal guy this week he will bring me 4 tons take about 20 minutes to get it in to the coal bin and I will be set for next winter...

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

I will call my coal guy this week he will bring me 4 tons take about 20 minutes to get it in to the coal bin and I will be set for next winter...

That's pretty awesome.  

We do enjoy processing firewood. 

Good exercise and fun with machinery. 

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Napa 610-1051. Yes it costs more. But you get it most likely in a day and you help keep a local store open instead of the internet. You may have an emergency some day and the place is closed! 

Fuel Pump (Solid State Cube Type) BK 6101051

Thanks Mikey I like the Facet pumps , have them on the 310-8 and 416-8 . Three plus years for each. I will have the pump on Wednesday and don't have to fool with a counter idiot . 

squonk

The Napa pump is a Facet. Keep the number handy

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk yes dear. Been saying that most of day , might as well continue.

• Haha 2