Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

tom2p
21 hours ago, MikMacMike said:

Does anyone remember what was refered to amungst other bikes a widow maker? Kawasaki triple threat? Dag nabber when it hit its power band they would just snap faster then one could correct. 

the Kawasaki 2 stroke triples were cool for sure !

a guy in my neighborhood was a Kawasaki nut - he had the 2 stroke triple road bikes and also had one of the coolest Kawasaki off road bikes at the time - a 'Green Streak Jr' 

the little 100cc Green Streak Jr was equipped with smooth flat track tires - but many installed knobs and motocrossed them

the bike included a certificate with certified 18.5 HP - a 100cc rocket ship at the time ... the rotary valve 2 stroke revved to around 12K RPM and made max HP around 10K RPM

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Gregor

I had a 750 Kawasaki. No bike should go that fast, that quickly !:scared-shocked:  When they stop real fast, it hurts !

• Haha 3

kpinnc
12 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

It ran AND moved. Fixed a couple leaks from not tightening up a couple things but after that it did good. 

Always rewarding to get them moving under thier own power!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
14 hours ago, Tuneup said:

Interesting! It's always time to buy something when one has a new hobby so now snot from Amazon is on the list. I put the 500 watt light on the work today. I could just make-out the work. Did pretty well. I'll have to open up a couple of those cracks so the weld fills through but it's coming along.

Cool. Yeah, either that light... very close to your project, or if possible being outside in the daylight will allow you to see the best. The problem is, (particularly when it is hot outside) is that those lights are kinda hot...

Yeah, trust me, Cooter snot is the real deal.

Don

• Like 1

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Well the paint is dry on the wheels and seat so I took it for a spin. Hydros sure are nice. Got me thinking if I like them better then shifting gears.

Nice looking rig. 

I'm still curious to see how the hydro does for snow plowing but other than I'm a gear jammer all the way. 

Mountain country just ain't where I want a hydro as a worker. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gregor
24 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm still curious to see how the hydro does for snow plowing

When I had my business, I used a Hydro for years to plow my parking lot. It's still going strong.

• Like 2

D_Mac

Thanks EB. Its growing on me. Next I want to replace the drive belt. Believe 1/2" x 72" is the correct size.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, D_Mac said:

Thanks EB. Its growing on me. Next I want to replace the drive belt. Believe 1/2" x 72" is the correct size.

Easy enough job. All nuts and bolts. 

While you're in there check over the idler pulley and other linkages. 

• Like 1

D_Mac

I also painted the spare set of wheels and tires I have. Tires are cracked, they have tubes in them so hold air fine. I am just not a fan of how the skinny AG tires look. These are 6 x 12's. I had them on the 1075 when I was painting its set of wheels. I like the look of the wider tire.

20210506_170014.jpg

• Like 9

D_Mac

I think a nice fresh coat of paint on the wheels of a tractor makes all the difference. Worth every second of the time it takes to do it.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

OutdoorEnvy

Meant to mention in my post but I found a pretty good deal on the rear tires in case anyone else is wanting a fresh set without breaking the bank.  They are Hi-Run 23x9.5-12 turf tires for $34.99 from Lowe's as an online only item I believe.  I got two and shipping was free.  Can't beat that deal for $76 to your door.

• Like 6

oliver2-44

Congratulations @ZXT you now a member of the D family

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ZXT
1 minute ago, oliver2-44 said:

Congratulations @ZXT you now a member of the D family

Thanks! I really wish it had a deck or some attachment.. I know they're harder to find for D's than for the others I have!

• Like 1

lynnmor

Get one of these right away.  Also the oil filter may not be correct, I use this one.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I think a nice fresh coat of paint on the wheels of a tractor makes all the difference. Worth every second of the time it takes to do it.

Absolutely agree with that. 

• Like 1

Gregor

Whatever you do, don't have your front wheels chemically stripped, or submerge them in any liquid. I had these wheels stripped. I have lost track,of how many times I have re-sanded and painted them. Whatever the solution they use is, just keeps seeping out from inside the wheel, and it won't simply wipe off. These were done 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's done leaking or not.20210507_034458.jpg.19d2b2cbf56796c0411be8a723250628.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Whatever you do, don't have your front wheels chemically stripped, or submerge them in any liquid. I had these wheels stripped. I have lost track,of how many times I have re-sanded and painted them. Whatever the solution they use is, just keeps seeping out from inside the wheel, and it won't simply wipe off. These were done 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's done leaking or not.

I'm not an expert on painting or finishing by a long shot so take this with a grain of salt...

My best thought on these would be to dismount them and remove the paint.. If you have a food dehydrator, maybe try that but you might be better off baking them to literally boil the fluid out if at all possible. 

Fairly sure I'd not want to try this inside so maybe an outdoor grill?

• Like 2

D_Mac

@squonkseems like I have seen those tires before.:eusa-think:

• Like 1