Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Horse Newbie
4 hours ago, Gregor said:

@KrazeyOlDaveI have considered finishing my floor the way you have done yours. Has your floor held up well?  It seems to look good in your pics.

@Gregor I installed the epoxy floor covering made by Valspar on my shop floor.

Do your research before you purchase/ install.

I got mine at Lowes, and they had an info. card hanging on the shelf beside it in the store.

Read some reviews and check it on YouTube.

Some things I learned while researching it...

1. Following the instructions to the letter !

2. For interior use only (does not hold up to sunlight. Some people complained that hot vehicle tires pulled it up...I suspect that was caused by improper prep and application.

3. Going back to number 1... 

My 20 x 20 shop took 2 kits to cover that many square feet. Do 1 kit at a time following the directions. You CAN NOT mix 2 kits together to cover a large area. Because if you do, you are mixing 2x the hardener required for the epoxy...and it will set up faster than you can apply it.

I cut in around the baseboard quickly with a brush( maybe 5 feet or so), did a 5 x 5 area with a roller, sprinkled the flakes, did another 5 x 5 area, sprinkled flakes, and so on, working my way out the door.

After it dried thoroughly (overnight at about 70°) I sealed it with the clear coat.

I am very pleased with mine, and spills clean up amazingly easy...and it holds up very well to all but the most severe abuse.

Here are a few pics. I could not find my pics of when it was new.

The last pic is of when I cleaned on it...cleans up easily...

Horse Newbie ( Tim )

20210206_190607.jpg

20210206_185551.jpg

20210206_185534.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Horse Newbie
17 hours ago, Gregor said:

@KrazeyOlDaveI have considered finishing my floor the way you have done yours. Has your floor held up well?  It seems to look good in your pics.

@Gregor I installed the epoxy floor covering made by Valspar on my shop floor.

Do your research before you purchase/ install.

I got mine at Lowes, and they had an info. card hanging on the shelf beside it in the store.

Read some reviews and check it on YouTube.

Some things I learned while researching it...

1. Following the instructions to the letter !

2. For interior use only (does not hold up to sunlight. Some people complained that hot vehicle tires pulled it up...I suspect that was caused by improper prep and application.

3. Going back to number 1... 

My 20 x 20 shop took 2 kits to cover that many square feet. Do 1 kit at a time following the directions. You CAN NOT mix 2 kits together to cover a large area. Because if you do, you are mixing 2x the hardener required for the epoxy...and it will set up faster than you can apply it.

I cut in around the baseboard quickly with a brush( maybe 5 feet or so), did a 5 x 5 area with a roller, sprinkled thr flakes, did another 5 x 5 area, sprinkled flakes, and so on, working my way out the door.

After it dried thoroughly (overnight at about 70°) I sealed it with the clear coat.

I am very pleased with mine, and spills clean up amazingly easy...and it holds up very well to all but the most severe abuse.

Here are a few pics. I could not find my pics of when it was new.

Horse Newbie ( Tim )

20210206_190607.jpg

20210206_185551.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie

ohiofarmer

Put new wiring on the C121.  pretty cool when the key worked its magic to [NOT] start it up. I previously had the head off and the piston is reasonably tight in the bore.   However the finger over the spark plug hole was a fail. These tractors have a compression release, but the Kohler was not producing a thing, when previously i ran it for a few hours before it just quit.:scratchead:

About the only checking out i neglected to do was valve clearance.   That will happen the next time on any new to me tractors. Gonna move on to a c-145 that i did get running very nicely and finish up the worn transmission linkage for a plow tractor.  Looked the little motorcycle lift over for Dennis as he is not happy with his. came up with 3 ideas or so on how to improve it.  The wood pellet shop heater is working out great in this cold weather

• Like 3

Raposo
8 hours ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Fender cup holder? Mine doesn’t have that...those come stock? I want one,lol 

Haha! good eye! That was from the 416XT that i parted. I will be mounting that to one of my other 400 series machines. I will now have two cup holder machines!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Raposo
7 hours ago, Gregor said:

That's my garage. 

I am currently getting ready to build a 32x38 detached garage to move all the projects and tools into that and keep this garage for just our cars. 

This is a box store brand epoxy with the paint chips and a clear coat over it. The winter salt etc puts a beating on it but with my beating the crap out of it with tractors, trucks, jack stands it has exceeded my expectations. I have 20 or so small chips from dropping heavy items on it but other than me damaging the floor it has help up ok. 

It was a brand new slab which I think helped and prep work means everything. 

• Like 4

Maxwell-8
On 2/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, ebinmaine said:

I found this while looking for the side extensions for the front plow. 

Hadn't heard of a Garden Tractor before with a side wings plow. 

Pretty impressive even if the "wrong"  colors... :lol:

Screenshot_20210208-041835.png

Something in a color that won't stab my eyes :D:

20191215_184020_zpshqznsgjn.jpg

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Something in a color that won't stab my eyes:

Max that V plow is fantastic!

I've been seriously considering making one of those a project here. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to see more pictures of that at whatever angle you think is usable....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

squonk

My floor looks like the surface of the moon. :sci-fi-robot:With the glass like floor, you have to be very careful when it's wet. The wrong shoes and it's like a skating rink.animated-smileys-sport-030.gif.e0c09e38513088e454fc9715d0d9e40f.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Maxwell-8
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Max that V plow is fantastic!

I've been seriously considering making one of those a project here. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to see more pictures of that at whatever angle you think is usable....

It ain't mine, but i do got another pic

He says it is so effective in high snow, he sold his snowblower. It just goes thru high snow like a tank.

20191217_044903_zpstipjlwcn.jpg

20191215_184107_zpskhqhxil2.jpg

20190425_165012_zpsbs7ji19i.jpg

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

pfrederi

Some new wires on one of my snow horses.  She would click but not crank.  I had purchased some 6 ga welding cable from McMaster both red and black.  It is nice stuff very flexible even in the cold.  Hadn't used the red until today found out they had messed up sent me 4ga instead of 6.  Luckily I found a couple 4ga lugs so she is back in business.

IMG_0071.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Didn’t do anything with the tractors today, but I wrapped up a ‘restored’ Wheel Horse lantern to go along with the patina one. 
Not really tractor related but figured you guys might dig it. 

7DC776F8-406B-4554-AA76-DBEBA7B835AB.jpeg

85012689-DC59-4B14-B340-AD7A507EAC27.jpeg

It's gorgeous. 

I'll need to get a better look at it though. 

Why don't you just send it to me and I'll steward it for awhile....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

haydendavid380

Are those actual branded items?

Tuneup
10 hours ago, Gregor said:

My floor is almost 30 years old. It has a lot of sealer on top. Except for a few places where I messed it up, it has an almost glass finish. So maybe I am outta luck.  I just thought the epoxy finish looked nice, and it might cover the few bad areas.

Sherwin Williams makes a very good concrete coating. They make a chem and water base. We always used the chem (toluene). Bonds with the concrete - helped our driveway survive for 20 years.

• Like 1

Tuneup
52 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Didn’t do anything with the tractors today, but I wrapped up a ‘restored’ Wheel Horse lantern to go along with the patina one. 
Not really tractor related but figured you guys might dig it. 

7DC776F8-406B-4554-AA76-DBEBA7B835AB.jpeg

85012689-DC59-4B14-B340-AD7A507EAC27.jpeg

Beautiful! I love those old lanterns. Took them camping as kids and used unleaded in them. Super bright!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Something in a color that won't stab my eyes :D:

Looks like it was designed to do 5' public sidewalks. One sweep and done...

Nice!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
3 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

Are those actual branded items?

No, custom Colemans. Very nicely done too!!

Randy

• Thanks 1

KrazeyOlDave

I’m almost willing to bet my marriage on building one of these... matching Eaton 1100’s in excellent condition would be tough to find I’d think...

EEAB92B3-2991-445F-A1D2-96C6FCFDCF58.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Horse Newbie
8 hours ago, squonk said:

My floor looks like the surface of the moon. :sci-fi-robot:With the glass like floor, you have to be very careful when it's wet. The wrong shoes and it's like a skating rink.animated-smileys-sport-030.gif.e0c09e38513088e454fc9715d0d9e40f.gif

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that I had the floor slick finished.

I DID add the granular material that you mix in with it. You can get that at Lowes too ( right beside the epoxy kit )

Tuneup

Second power outage in two days so worked the tractor instead of the database. Bad transformer up the road. I had a bear of a time moving the wires around for clean appearance and staying away from hot parts.Not knowing the original design is no help. Added the fuel line and a new filter. Used the old fashioned siphon method to prime it through the filter and swallowed no gas. All good so far. She fired and kept running after just a couple of squirts of cleaner so the pump is good. I had to adjust the idle and idle mix and she's just perfect. No hunting any more - must have been those eBay gaskets - I had sorted the intake and carb. The 48" deck went on and we tooled around the yard, engine screaming. She's a keeper and the 516 is pretty simple. May restore her before the 520 but that big H is aching for a strip down and the bench is sitting empty. I'll get pics on here and maybe a video, I promise.

• Like 7

bizzo15

Put gas in her and put her to work removing 10" of fluffy powder!

https://youtu.be/6qssvwgMXws

The single stage has really impressed me on the 520xi I didn't think it would be able to blow the snow as effectively as it has.  I just wish is would scrape down the surface a little better but I'm guess it's because it isn't very heavy to give it much scraping power.

Edited by bizzo15
youtube video link
  • Like 2

haydendavid380

The lack of scraping has been why I haven't pursued a thrower more intensively. Our driveway is inclined and concrete. If anything is left on the surface, as soon as its driven on it packs into ice.

• Like 2

19richie66
20 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

It ain't mine, but i do got another pic

He says it is so effective in high snow, he sold his snowblower. It just goes thru high snow like a tank.

20191217_044903_zpstipjlwcn.jpg

20191215_184107_zpskhqhxil2.jpg

20190425_165012_zpsbs7ji19i.jpg

The man that owns this is on our Facebook page. The nice thing about these is that all the weight is on the drive axle....operator, implement, engine, body sheetmetal and transaxle.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
15 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

all the weight is on the drive axle

I'm guessing the rear steering works much better than our front  steering WHs.

• Like 1