Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

sparkie333
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

On my phone when I want to do a mention I have to hit the @ symbol... Start typing the name... Then choose the name from the list as it appears. 

Yep but i'm on a desktop

• Like 1

sparkie333

Bout the best I can do is to go to bottom of page and type and ------submit  reply

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

Bout the best I can do is to go to bottom of page and type and ------submit  reply

How about double left click on a single word. ?

sparkie333

Thanks all I will try to keep up with you all The best I can.  when I type this and then cover it with my pointer it tells me to hold down (ctrl ) and right click to just sent typed messages. Thanks.

Edited by sparkie333

sparkie333

OK lift clicking 2 x now. Well this is what i got I will deal with it now  I may have to type every one's handle that types me a post to get to them at the bottom of the page. Thanks

Edited by sparkie333
more info.

Maxwell-8
20 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

Yep but i'm on a

voila

Just use hold left mouse

Edited by Maxwell-8

sparkie333
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

How about double left click on a single word. ?

If I use the Quote button on one like this it seems to work --I'm just saying the last few days every time I try to post to some one that put up a bunch of pictures --they all (the pic's) showed up with what I typed and it looked like I posted there pic's???????????????? Maybe I can just use the botton of the page ---I will just try to learn what to do thanks so much.

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
2 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

If I use the Quote button on one like this it seems to work --I'm just saying the last few days every time I try to post to some one that put up a bunch of pictures --they all (the pic's) showed up with what I typed and it looked like I posted there pic's???????????????? Maybe I can just use the botton of the page ---I will just try to learn what to do thanks so much.

If i quote a complete post, i remove the pics, so scrolling wouldn't take so long for other members

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

You can abbreviate the quotation too.

sparkie333

Are you saying you remove someone else's pic's?------

Handy Don
1 hour ago, sparkie333 said:

Hi @sparkie333 ,

When you use the "quote" button on someone's post, the system ALWAYS copies everything that that poster entered--pictures AND text--into the place at the bottom where you can create your own new post. It does NOT copy anything that was already a quote.

Because the new posting will be YOURS, you are free to edit anything and everything in it. You can remove the pictures and/or any of the text from the original post using the regular tools--delete key or drag-select-then-delete. (In fact, it is good etiquette to delete the pictures that are not relevant to YOUR post.)  You can also edit a picture in YOUR post to change its size by left-double-clicking directly on the picture and then entering new dimensions into the dialog box that appears.  NONE of this has any effect on the original post.

Whenever you quote someone or enter a reaction to a post, that poster does get a notification. If someone reacts to YOUR post, and you click on the notification, the system takes you to the quoted or "reacted to" post. HOWEVER, if you react to a post you may also start following that thread and will get notifications.

@ebinmaine referred to two other tricks:

1. While creating a post, typing the "@" sign followed by the first letters in a member's name should give you a list of members whose names start with those letters (this trick isn't perfect -- names like @Jeff-C175, for example where you get a lot of "Jeff" and then typing the "-" causes the lookup system to stop!) Choose the name with a mouse click to insert it into your post.

2. Selecting specific text within a post to which you want to respond usually causes the system to display the "Quote Selection" button. Click that button to start your own post using only the selected text from the original post.

There are settings on your browser that can be causing trouble. For example, if you have javascript turned off, most of the tricks don't work! Also, if you have an old version of the browser or operating system some of the features may not be supported.

Good luck!

AMC RULES
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Hi @sparkie333 

Good luck!

Imagine quoting Don's whole book. :hand:

• Haha 1

sparkie333

WHY could you not just hit a reply button? like most sites have. Thanks to all. --Now before I send this I'm looking at it and there is no one picked to send it to.--  Again why could I just not just reply to someone that posted something I liked?----------- Handy Don --give me some time to take in the info. you gave out I'm sure I will be able to use the info. Thanks.   sparkie_________________

Ed Kennell
14 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

WHY could you not just hit a reply button?

@sparkie333    I just highlighted your first sentence and clicked on the little quote box.  Then I mentioned you.

You should get a notification that I mentioned you and a notification that I replied to this thread.

I'm not sure what else you are trying to accomplish.

Handy Don
40 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

WHY could you not just hit a reply button? like most sites have

Why do some people like chunky peanut butter and some people like creamy?

Here you do not reply to individuals, you post to the thread for all to see, read, and learn from.

Jhook

New toy came today. Will make life easier next weekend fabbing up a new hydraulic pump bracket. 

20201229_185802.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

953 nut
5 hours ago, sparkie333 said:

and right click to just sent typed messages. Thanks.

If you hold down the left mouse key as you scroll over the part you want to quote a drop-down box will appear allowing you to quote that part.

939839521_Screenshot(62).png.1382428938f3b0bb8aa8d02aed846acd.png

sparkie333
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

@sparkie333    I just highlighted your first sentence and clicked on the little quote box.  Then I mentioned you.

You should get a notification that I mentioned you and a notification that I replied to this thread.

I'm not sure what else you are trying to accomplish.

Ok thanks

• Like 1

sparkie333
53 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Why do some people like chunky peanut butter and some people like creamy?

Here you do not reply to individuals, you post to the thread for all to see, read, and learn from.

I understand --but if peanut butter is talking to me I should be able to answer him.---It would still be ok for other people to see. not a problem.

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

this trick isn't perfect -- names like @Jeff-C175, for example where you get a lot of "Jeff" and then typing the "-" causes the lookup system to stop!)

Doesn't do that on my Android phone. 

If I hit @jeff-

this is what I get

Screenshot_20201229-195152.png.8b0e2dfc0f1ca889e5ba19a16c1b68d6.png

Click on @Jeff-C175 Jeff's name and poof!!

Horse Newbie

Didn't want to start a new thread because I don't know if I have a new topic...besides this is "What have you done to your Wheel Horse Today" , and this post falls under that...

after a few months of tinkering with my 520H and trying to get her up to snuff, I have been taking her out for "test flights"

Well today I took her for a spin and this is some video of that...

Does it loom like the charging system is overcharging...please tell me what you think.

• Like 2

sparkie333

Hi 953 nut --I tried to answer you where you Posted I could not get the thing to do anything 3 to 4 tries. I know it's just me it will be ok. Thank you so much.

sparkie333
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Doesn't do that on my Android phone. 

If I hit @jeff-

this is what I get

Screenshot_20201229-195152.png.8b0e2dfc0f1ca889e5ba19a16c1b68d6.png

Click on @Jeff-C175 Jeff's name and poof!!

OK.

sparkie333
5 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

.please tell me what you think.

I know that volt charge would be ok in my truck with a 12 volt system--But I'm not sure about your 518H . ----NOTE on my problem with getting and using this site ---I did what 953 nut said to do and it worked this my reply.  Left click and scroll.

• Like 1

sparkie333
38 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

allowing you to quote that part.

Thanks 953 nut-- I used this just a min. ago and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much.  and I just used it to answer you. Thank you so much.

Edited by sparkie333
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1