Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

953 nut
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Ahhaa Andy.... kinda hard to run both I best just come get those weights...... 6' caps won't work on 8 inch rims I best take them too ! :ph34r: :ychain:

Jim, if a person has enough desire there is nothing that is impossible.  :angry-tappingfoot:     A 6" rim cut in half and attached to those 8" wheel weights would allow the hubcaps to fit like a glove.

• Haha 7

The Tuul Crib
40 minutes ago, echris said:

I posted a thread the other day, "What's the hardest thing to do on a WH" and @The Tuul Crib reminded me my hitch is frozen, so I set out to fix it yesterday.

I got really lucky. Tried a few taps with a lead hammer, she didn't budge. Slapped it hard in the other direction and it moved!
"The level of violence increases exponentially with the difficulty of the job" - My neighbor Dave. :text-lol:

Pulled off the left rear tire and I was lucky enough to get it out in about 10 minutes. No heat, no bug juice. Just a big-ass lead hammer and a whole lot of smackin'.

The shaft wasn't too bad and I was going to chuck it up in the lathe and take off a few thousands up but decided I didn't want to undersize it too much.
Off to the grinder for a wire wheel job.

MVIMG_20200920_151214.jpg.f4c259b65f0c17c5cbe213d7f82a9079.jpg

Then I decided to chuck it up anyway, sandpaper and scotchbrite. I also decided to find center so I can use a punch if needed and eased the edge a bit more in case I need to get violent in the future, I'll have a 'bit more mushroom space' (I'm trademarking that term lol)

MVIMG_20200920_153755.jpg.d2e64e65f48a8ef55992ddf1540e4ca2.jpg

I took this pic just because of those 'cute' tiny curls just laying there. Aww. :D
MVIMG_20200920_154140.jpg.a255ff1098673dc69b272af25ec5a600.jpg

Buttered the ever loving heck out of it with "silver stuff that never comes off your hands" and called it a day.
MVIMG_20200920_154946.jpg.23ab6bd91789edab82766672a007326a.jpg

:text-yeahthat:Nice job!. Best thing to ad would be a grease zerk. Helps tremendously!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

echris
Just now, The Tuul Crib said:

:text-yeahthat:Nice job!. Best thing to ad would be a grease zerk. Helps tremendously!

Funny thing about that, look at my last pic. I noticed this when posting, it almost looks like there's a hole in the trans casing and it made me think the exact same thought. Why not pull the hitch, drill and tap and insert a zerk. Problem solved forever.

Mediocre minds think alike. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jhook

Well i got the cab. Looks pretty good. Very dirty. Needs a good cleaning. No major tears, windshield is good. Needs 3 windows added but otherwise complete! Time to start fitting it to the 2007. I paid $125 howd i do?

20200921_204818.jpg

20200921_204801.jpg

Edited by Jhook
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

echris

I hated installing those things when I was a kid. But man, the first time I used one in a windy snowstorm, I was sold. Nice!

What do you do to replace the windows? Same thing as a boat cover more or less?

Jhook
7 minutes ago, echris said:

I hated installing those things when I was a kid. But man, the first time I used one in a windy snowstorm, I was sold. Nice!

What do you do to replace the windows? Same thing as a boat cover more or less?

Not postive but i was planning on buying a roll of marine plastic for boats/campers and sewing it in. Just my assumption unless an expert on here tells me otherwise

echris
20 minutes ago, Jhook said:

Not postive but i was planning on buying a roll of marine plastic for boats/campers and sewing it in. Just my assumption unless an expert on here tells me otherwise

That sounds like the right path, but you're going to need an HD sewing machine for that job I bet.

I once made a 20'x40' party tent and after destroying 2 or 3 cheap blue tarps I bought a heavy duty silver tarp and used my wife's sewing machine to add kevlar patches at each grommet point. Her Singer wasn't too happy about it. :D

Either way, nice score. Once you get it done, please take video of you intentionally blasting snow at your face and laughing when it can't touch you.

Signed,
Always covered head-to-toe when I snow blow.

Edited by echris

Jhook
15 minutes ago, echris said:

That sounds like the right path, but you're going to need an HD sewing machine for that job I bet.

I once made a 20'x40' party tent and after destroying 2 or 3 cheap blue tarps I bought a heavy duty silver tarp and used my wife's sewing machine to add kevlar patches at each grommet point. Her Singer wasn't too happy about it. :D

Either way, nice score. Once you get it done, please take video of you intentionally blasting snow at your face and laughing when it can't touch you.

Signed,
Always covered head-to-toe when I snow blow.

Actually i just have a plow, prefer that over a blower. But im planning on heating it and adding lights on the front and rear of the roof, will have way better nighttime visibility with lights mounted above my head. And On top of all that is the cool factor. Not sure on the year of cab but it has a vin tag on it so will check the numbers tomorrow 

• Excellent 1

echris

I like the cut of your jib!

Once you successfully get heat going in the cab, come summer, well, you'll have no choice but to do AC too.
And when you do, everybody else here wants to know how you did it. We're all asking for a friend, of course.

;)

• Like 1

Andy N.
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Ahhaa Andy.... kinda hard to run both I best just come get those weights...... 6' caps won't work on 8 inch rims I best take them too ! :ph34r: :ychain:

2 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

I might take them too.....The guys are right here on Red Square.........................................

Not with this herd....and another 312-8 in the works!

IMG_0487.JPG

• Like 2

Pullstart

Made a to-do list after Norman is running and before Uncle Jim’s plow day.  And thanks @PeacemakerJack, the green 1054 got named!

31B62BF0-0A83-4471-96ED-CD110EB37CC9.jpeg

327D097B-A397-48DB-83FF-3A4D29C4948E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead
7 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

I made it on mine.

78549775-7957-4585-ABC0-6B4FBF45C4B6.jpeg.4eb91e50c752bb14735f6d6d2cd6ce09.jpeg

A regulary service and you never have troubles with a rusted Bolt.

• Like 6

PeacemakerJack
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

Made a to-do list after Norman is running and before Uncle Jim’s plow day...

31B62BF0-0A83-4471-96ED-CD110EB37CC9.jpeg

You know it is getting serious and we are getting close when the lists start coming out!!! I have to start a couple of those too before PD.  I have three boys that are serious about plowing this year and I need to make sure I have machines ready for them😬😉

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

You know it is getting serious and we are getting close when the lists start coming out!!! I have to start a couple of those too before PD.  I have three boys that are serious about plowing this year and I need to make sure I have machines ready for them😬😉

that’s 6 extra hands, awesome!  :banana-wrench:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Rp.wh
3 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I am also on this train, lists where made before bed last night... sense I have to have two ready by grandpa Jim’s plow day, my oldest boy wants to give his hand at this and I am trying to make magic happen on this other build so here we go..

• Like 4

Pullstart

I still have to swap the good engine into my hauler...  anyone want to come to West MI for a shop day!?

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
7 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I still have to swap the good engine into my hauler...  anyone want to come to West MI for a shop day!?

What time?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Been doing the zerk thing on every tractor  fellas... 

@echris looks like yer havin way too much fun with that lathe... I best come get it....:ph34r:

That pic with the center drill gives me a :techie-idea: You know what else a guy could do on it is drill down to the center of the hitch pin then a hole to intersect the hole down the middle and tap the end for a zerk. Grease the hitch pin from the side. :techie-idea:

20190312_183337.jpg

• Like 7

WHX??

So do these tires make my tractor look fat? Showed them to @Achto and he called me a fat slob. Well he's kinda right but it's his fault feeding me pulled pork and captain's and building fat tractors that give me stupid ideas! !  After a bit of discussion and some more name calling yah they don't' look right... off to look for some wider say maybe 10.50's ags that run wide for the rear. Sure does steer nice tho! :)

20200921_190252.jpg

20200921_190708.jpg

20200921_190828.jpg

20200921_191737.jpg

Thers a set of spacers on that parts tractor Dan we're supposed to give back to Al. Gonna pull them and see what shakes. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Achto
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

After a bit of discussion and some more name calling yah they don't' look right

Do you have spacers behind the front rims??

WHX??
2 minutes ago, Achto said:

Do you have spacers behind the front rims??

Yup about .700".... third pic one is white the other plain. Maybe split them, move the wheel in a tad and spacer on the outside? 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1

Achto
2 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Yup about .700".... third pic one is white the other plain. 

Looks like you have room to move those rims in, maybe try putting the spacers on the out side?

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
8 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

So do these tires make my tractor look fat? 

20200921_191737.jpg

Why no Dear... I think they look beautiful just the way they are... :scared-eek:

• Haha 6

Ed Kennell
49 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

That pic with the center drill gives me a :techie-idea: You know what else a guy could do on it is drill down to the center of the hitch pin then a hole to intersect the hole down the middle and tap the end for a zerk. Grease the hitch pin from the side. :techie-idea:

:bow-blue:     Best idea yet Jimbo.     Maybe several intersecting holes  along the length of the pin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1