Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

AMC RULES

@Roger R  :text-coolphotos:

What is the hole you're filling in there?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

@Roger R  :text-coolphotos:

What is the hole you're filling in there?

Maybe we don't wanna know.....

• Haha 1

Tuneup

Put the P216 on the bench and went to pull the flywheel. Was not a problem the last time - guess the PO never torqued it to spec. The usual Briggs method of a light turn on a puller and light hammer taps to "pop!" didn't work. Applied more, and more, and more. No luck. Whipped out the impact wrench and 120 psi. Broke the puller. Flywheel still staring at me. Out for some better bolts and an easy out. I'll win - I always do. No Onan will make a fool of me. Happy weekend!

• Like 4

Roger R
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Maybe we don't wanna know.....

Actually it's a low spot in the trail that gets impassable in the spring.  It doesn't show up but I have a tile under that dirt, so water will flow through.  Sort of an earth bridge. There's more than one on this trail.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

lynnmor
3 hours ago, Tuneup said:

Put the P216 on the bench and went to pull the flywheel. Was not a problem the last time - guess the PO never torqued it to spec. The usual Briggs method of a light turn on a puller and light hammer taps to "pop!" didn't work. Applied more, and more, and more. No luck. Whipped out the impact wrench and 120 psi. Broke the puller. Flywheel still staring at me. Out for some better bolts and an easy out. I'll win - I always do. No Onan will make a fool of me. Happy weekend!

Read this thread.  You need a 4 bolt puller, it is amazing that you didn't break the flywheel if you used a 2 bolt.  What is the purpose of the easy out?

Tuneup

Hi Lynnmor,

Didn't need anything that robust in the last pull so went and did what formerly worked. Impact drivers torque and it was an HF puller so... the bolt sheared. I'll make this a winter project. Thanks for the thread.

johnnymag3
9 hours ago, Tuneup said:

6 letters  will make that all better.    KOHLER   :lol:

• Excellent 1

johnnymag3

Started to winterize the Horses......time is running short. I did have time to run all of the Horses and put sweet juice in the fuel and the oil. There will be 5 Horses that stay in the underhouse stable, and 2 that will be in a colder climate. The shed is 40 degrees, and the underhouse barn is 65 degrees. Both places have heat, but one is warmer thann the other. I will be posting the B100, one owner Horse, with its 42" Deck in the classified, so if thats a Horse you may want to add, let me know. Its a one owner, all original, unmolested , unpainted gem. I have a Name and a plate for it already.....   PATINA,,,,,,, is her name.runs perfect, mows perfect and has been gone through front to back, top to bottom.....fuel....electric.....drivetrain. I did everything. Turnkey example of an original Horse as back in the day.   ... Pictures will be there on the Classified arena. I want to mention that in case you may not have figured it out already, im an OCD freak. EVERYTING MUST BE PROPER.... Correct bolts, washers, color, etc....hate to admit it, but the first step is admitting it....    HAPPY SATURDAY GENTLEMAN...I need to find an adult vessel of liquid now.......been at this since 5 AM with the Horses. :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Sad 1

Tuneup

Yeah, I've gone through two K301s now. Love working on them. I had to have an Onan, even if it was a 516 that had it. I'll take the winter and will go through it properly. She's been an oil burner since we met.

Lagersolut

Going to clean up these connections on the 416-8 and replace the grade 5 with stainless carriage bolts and flange nuts on the hood mounts . Do this to all the tractors I restore/refresh on the hood stand steps etc. Found a seller ( bolt depot ) on the bay I can get the 3/4 and 1" lengths. Like getting the old rusty stuff off shiny new stuff on .

IMG_4365.jpg

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 4

Lagersolut

While was working on new fasteners on the hood Fed Ex dropped off my new seat :greetings-clappingyellow:

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 9/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, AMC RULES said:

Sitting here now...20200911_175540.jpg.456d038651657a68533af6490a96267c.jpgthinking about an upgrade to NOS...20200911_175921.jpg.d5447f45cfa139453f992008fa53fc39.jpg

and a new set of the "wide trac's"  :greetings-clapyellow:

Nothing wrong with a little extra on the bottom...

59C169DD-60AA-4232-A3B1-9987DC72BE8F.jpeg

377B08BD-8885-4147-BD7B-57E0A20BAB68.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 9/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, johnnymag3 said:

Started to winterize the Horses......time is running short. I did have time to run all of the Horses and put sweet juice in the fuel and the oil. There will be 5 Horses that stay in the underhouse stable, and 2 that will be in a colder climate. The shed is 40 degrees, and the underhouse barn is 65 degrees. Both places have heat, but one is warmer thann the other. I will be posting the B100, one owner Horse, with its 42" Deck in the classified, so if thats a Horse you may want to add, let me know. Its a one owner, all original, unmolested , unpainted gem. I have a Name and a plate for it already.....   PATINA,,,,,,, is her name.runs perfect, mows perfect and has been gone through front to back, top to bottom.....fuel....electric.....drivetrain. I did everything. Turnkey example of an original Horse as back in the day.   ... Pictures will be there on the Classified arena. I want to mention that in case you may not have figured it out already, im an OCD freak. EVERYTING MUST BE PROPER.... Correct bolts, washers, color, etc....hate to admit it, but the first step is admitting it....    HAPPY SATURDAY GENTLEMAN...I need to find an adult vessel of liquid now.......been at this since 5 AM with the Horses. :greetings-clappingyellow:

No!  Not winterizing time!

• Like 4

WHNJ701
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

No!  Not winterizing time!

I love this fall time of year, I am just getting started! 

• Excellent 1

ohiofarmer

Got the new 121 to start and run.  It does OK if you shoot some carb  spray to get it started, so I decided to go with fuel issues first.   It came equipped with an electric fuel pump, so the first test was to see if it would pump through the manual fuel pump. Check. then I tested the needle and seat . check. Then I pulled the emulsifier tube main jet and idle jet ant they wee oK. Finally i found some yellow gas residue in the bowl and some other dirt . if that was still thee after an hour of mowing, i am pretty sure that the bowl had some water in the bottom.

So there we are ,starts and runs every time now. I only had this tractor for a week, and two more showed up. Two black hood 14HP automatics. One extra set ag tires in good shape. Front mount blade and chains. All for $200. Seems like he was tired with dealing with ppl trying to lower the price and he just wanted them gone. They were previously advertised for $500 which till was not bad. i do not really feel bad, because i gave him what he asked. He said to save his phone number as he might want to buy one back once it runs...

I gotta stop looking at marketplace 11 is enough..

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I gotta stop looking at marketplace 11 is enough..

Ya know, that would be the biggest challenge...

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, JCM said:

Time for the 420-LSE to be put to work

Well done sir. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Used mighty 6 horsepower Jane to resurface the temporary driveway after this weekend’s wedding.  It rained all night but the tent worked out fine and all was well!  

82EC085E-0BE1-4D82-8317-769A0CE44D65.jpeg.d5b872d8b1b8df0bb9db8687e3d43a1d.jpeg77D2DFDF-CE38-4150-A618-E051D544F5C4.jpeg.60b72637f9cbdf8af9882e787c1b8421.jpegA4C935F0-DAAA-4AF5-B63F-472EF723988C.jpeg.77e09ba71c3167f016c584fb3047a667.jpeg

The flaming arrow stunt did not work out so great, our pre-practice arrows stayed lit but the wedding night arrows did not.  I am right handed, but shoot long guns and bow lefty.

45AD1125-39E3-4289-8379-8EFBD2FACEF1.jpeg.1498e92f415126116c40fb9d8dc9d541.jpegAEC4A225-F080-449B-816E-554F8CD7701D.jpeg.a25ef94c73d85d18a4206faa0f6c145f.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

953 nut
9 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

It came equipped with an electric fuel pump, so the first test was to see if it would pump through the manual fuel pump.

:twocents-02cents:           You should bypass the mechanical fuel pump.       If the diaphragm in the mechanical pump develops a hole you will be pumping gas into the crankcase of your engine.

image.png.80566b7559b2c42d6dbee44c5bb47199.png

• Like 2

Greentored

It was a weekend of Wheel Horse!  "lawn duty" got decarbon'd, a valve adjustment, a new muffler, cut the lawn and food plot for fall planting, Hoss got a secondary idler for more belt wrap (it dont slip now!), yanked the plow around the garden, and both got put on a 93 octane diet from here on out.

sep2.jpg

sep4.jpg

sep3.jpg

sep5.jpg

• Like 6

Pullstart

Scott, does the belt stop without the guard?  I assume you’ve got fingers in place for friction?

Greentored
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Used mighty 6 horsepower Jane to resurface the temporary driveway after this weekend’s wedding.  It rained all night but the tent worked out fine and all was well!  

The flaming arrow stunt did not work out so great, our pre-practice arrows stayed lit but the wedding night arrows did not.  I am right handed, but shoot long guns and bow lefty.

45AD1125-39E3-4289-8379-8EFBD2FACEF1.jpeg.1498e92f415126116c40fb9d8dc9d541.jpegAEC4A225-F080-449B-816E-554F8CD7701D.jpeg.a25ef94c73d85d18a4206faa0f6c145f.jpeg

Hey hey, another bow hunter!

Funny- Im a lefty, shoot a gun left handed, but shoot a bow right handed:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
Just now, Greentored said:

Hey hey, another bow hunter!

Funny- Im a lefty, shoot a gun left handed, but shoot a bow right handed:lol:

This Bow-Tech my buddy found against a stump in his back yard near state land.  We guess a hunter was trees pa and nearly got caught.  I messed with the sight to adjust for the jeans on the end of the aluminum arrows, but came to liking it over my Bear!  It has the best of many features and ironically the same pin shot about 20 yards with or without the jeans tied on :eusa-think:

• Excellent 1

ohiofarmer
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:           You should bypass the mechanical fuel pump.       If the diaphragm in the mechanical pump develops a hole you will be pumping gas into the crankcase of your engine.

image.png.80566b7559b2c42d6dbee44c5bb47199.png

I will do that. Perfect place for a fuel filter, i think

• Like 1