Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

squonk
20 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

20200904_133756.jpg.0a315a371c28add0f074d20a38bbc07f.jpgYou can just look at the threads and tell it was a fight getting to this point. 20200904_134831.jpg.eab4f742882fe22b6dbcc0e099f2754f.jpgThinking the end result was well worth the effort though.20200904_135223.jpg.aa98e68e0494674fb408ba81a53dedce.jpg

I would pull that pipe out and get a 1”conduit lock nut Craig. You don’t want that loosening up 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

@AMC RULES that is one beautiful ride!!

@JCM looks like your whole fleet is gonna be showroom condition!

Looking forward to seeing all of them. 

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Back in action again, not really a tech engine fan but this one runs great first pull off she goes.  Like @AMC RULES said these early square hoods are undervalued, the more I look at the more I really like them.  Thanks too @johnnymag3 for the hood ornament and headlight cover or whatever it's called.  Of course thanks again to @Vinylguy for the awesome decals, they fit perfect.

IMG_20200904_173756.jpg

IMG_20200904_173417.jpg

IMG_20200904_173239.jpg

Showed this to Trina. 

She's some impressed. 

VERY nice work. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

johnnymag3

My spare parts are for those who desire to make the Horses shine as the should!!! Glad you put them to good use jableman......Sure looks good with the Headlight plate!!! and chrome hood ornament !!!! Decals are purtyyy tooo

• Heart 1

TonyToro
17 hours ago, squonk said:

I would pull that pipe out and get a 1”conduit lock nut Craig. You don’t want that loosening up 

Do you have any trick to keep those lock rings tight? Our Work Horse with the Briggs manages to loosen up. I’ve smacked with a hammer and screwdriver, chisel and punch. Alway comes loose and the exhaust flops down looking all sad....

WHNJ701
12 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Do you have any trick to keep those lock rings tight? Our Work Horse with the Briggs manages to loosen up. I’ve smacked with a hammer and screwdriver, chisel and punch. Alway comes loose and the exhaust flops down looking all sad....

Use 2 lock nuts, the 2nd works as a jam nut

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Permanantly affixed these today!   :woohoo:20200905_122500.jpg.1324c6a4bbb07885b3217d767faa0f1c.jpg

• Excellent 5

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, TonyToro said:

2 hours ago, jabelman said:

Use 2 lock nuts, the 2nd works as a jam nut

I like that idea. 

On Trina's Pony I warmed the engine so the exhaust was hot then tightened the nut. 

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Just sitting here, not so patiently waiting for my hot pick up oven to finishing up drying the clear on this thing! 20200905_130113.jpg.0dd60e9d252a862a67a6959784edfedc.jpg

To the touch, it's just crazy how hot that metal is now!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

That looks fantastic craig,

as all you do with this horse.

my deepest respect for that Work.

• Like 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Not all conduit lock nuts are created equally.     The Big Box stores carry the cheap ones intended for EMT or NM fittings.   Go to a good electrical suppl house and buy lock nuts for rigid conduit, they are much heavier.

• Like 5

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Just sitting here, not so patiently waiting for my hot pick up oven to finishing up drying the clear on this thing! 20200905_130113.jpg.0dd60e9d252a862a67a6959784edfedc.jpg

To the touch, it's just crazy how hot that metal is now!

I can‘t do that the same Way, because in 5 min. I felt have zillions of moskito‘s in the paint.

that would drives me crazy.. 😂

even when i where able to do it that perfect as you do your horse ( what i can’t to be honest)

I had too much fear and it drives me crazy for each little scratch that can happen.

it‘s an fantastic Work you did, no doubt about it.

I thinkering about powder coating the hood maybe

• Like 1

D_Mac

@AMC RULES Would you mind if I set my tool box on top of it ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

AMC RULES

Please?

Will need some cure time before you do.

• Haha 4

D_Mac

Looks fantastic you did a great job on it. I want one just like it.

• Like 3