Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Lee1977
On 3/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, ebinmaine said:

@19richie66

I don't wanna see you get bored so if you need more to do go ahead and make a tank for us. 

We'll find or build something to use it on.

Rich don't get in any hurry building a tank for Eric, you'll have plenty of time after he starts what he's going to build.

• Haha 3

Pullstart

The field is starting to get a little low on dirt... but I found it!  

My mission is to see see if I can fill the FEL in one bay!

A8997A92-17AD-45FE-B2BC-B31771D89881.jpeg

890ECE47-B086-48F2-8018-EF20A8A77DC9.jpeg

3EEA870B-E153-4657-B4C5-EE183B4BCC93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

chip61

I didn't do anything as fun as playing in the mud with my tractors, but I did manage to make a project out of a simple job. Bat lug corroded and broke on my ignition switch (310-8 with magneto). Crossed part # and picked up one at NAPA-easy swap except the new one didn't work! Checked connections and voltage-all good, then checked new switch for continuity between "b" "r" and "a" lugs there was none. Old switch checked good, so I cleaned what was left of the broken lug and jammed a new terminal on it as a temporary fix. Anyone else have issues with replacement switches? (old and new switches are for magneto ignition) I got the Primeline 7-01893. I'm good now, I found a good switch on neighbor's parts tractor, but just wondering what everyone else does for new switches.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, chip61 said:

Anyone else have issues with replacement switches? (old and new switches are for magneto ignition) I got the Primeline 7-01893. I'm good now, I found a good switch on neighbor's parts tractor, but just wondering what everyone else does for new switches

I've had issues with the inexpensive switches.

I've "switched over" to using name brands and had better luck so far.

Cole Hersee. 

Standard. 

Stens is ok but doesn't feel quite as good.

I can feel the difference in the way the better switches turn/rotate/catch.

The price is worth the time.

gwest_ca

Look-a-like's don't always function the same. There are internal differences.

Don't see where Wheel Horse ever used the 7-01893. Just Kohler, Ariens and John Deere.

The Wheel Horse replacement for the 103991 from Primeline is 7-068206

Terminals are in different locations when comparing the two.

Garry

• Excellent 1

chip61
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Look-a-like's don't always function the same. There are internal differences.

Don't see where Wheel Horse ever used the 7-01893. Just Kohler, Ariens and John Deere.

The Wheel Horse replacement for the 103991 from Primeline is 7-068206

Terminals are in different locations when comparing the two.

Garry

That's what I needed!! I looked on the forum and found a post from a few years ago for a 414-8 listing that switch as replacement so I thought I would be good: I should've asked first, would have saved a lot of time. Looks like the 7-01893 is only good for start and shut down.

Thanks

Chip

• Like 1

Pullstart
10 hours ago, chip61 said:

I didn't do anything as fun as playing in the mud with my tractors, but I did manage to make a project out of a simple job. Bat lug corroded and broke on my ignition switch (310-8 with magneto). Crossed part # and picked up one at NAPA-easy swap except the new one didn't work! Checked connections and voltage-all good, then checked new switch for continuity between "b" "r" and "a" lugs there was none. Old switch checked good, so I cleaned what was left of the broken lug and jammed a new terminal on it as a temporary fix. Anyone else have issues with replacement switches? (old and new switches are for magneto ignition) I got the Primeline 7-01893. I'm good now, I found a good switch on neighbor's parts tractor, but just wondering what everyone else does for new switches.

Hey now... we were working :handgestures-thumbupright:

:ROTF:

• Haha 5

chip61
15 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Hey now... we were working :handgestures-thumbupright:

:ROTF:

Yea, I could see that!! That's my kind of work!!!

• Thanks 1

JCM

@19richie66      Just came across those welds on that tank. I know in my occupation how many years and hours it takes to be able to have the finish product results look like that. My Dad was a Heavy Equipment Operator and during the winter months he spent in the shop welding and repair, something he was not able to pass down to me. I wanted you to know that your Welding skills are something you must be very proud of,  but I'm sure you are aware of that , I know I am.    WOW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:     Another work of art.          Maybe we should start a   " Talented Artists Club".

I nominate;

@formariz

@wallfish

@953 nut

@19richie66

@TIGman

I know there are many other RS members that deserve recognition for their talents in body work, painting, restoration, etc.       Thank you all for sharing your  works of art.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

19richie66

@JCM I wish I could weld that good. My son is the one who welds them. I cut, fit and then watch in awe as he stitches them together. My father gave him a 1973 Bronco for his High school graduation gift. My dad passed later that year so we really got into wanting to fix up the bronco. The further we got into it, the worse it was. He didn’t have the funds at the time to do it right Or a place to store it out of the elements so he made the decision to sell it and use the money to go to welding school. I told him every bead he lays down, part of his grandfather is in it. He has taken it and ran with it. I’m very proud of him. Now if I could just pick up on it myself. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Heart 8

19richie66
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-yeahthat:     Another work of art.          Maybe we should start a   " Talented Artists Club".

I nominate;

@formariz

@wallfish

@953 nut

@19richie66

@TIGman

I know there are many other RS members that deserve recognition for their talents in body work, painting, restoration, etc.       Thank you all for sharing your  works of art.

Humbled to be included with any of these guys. I just enjoy making things. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I nominate;

@formariz

@wallfish

@953 nut

@19richie66

@TIGman

I agree with that.

Some really incredible work put out by some people here.

• Like 1

formariz

Thank you for the kind words is not really the best way to express my gratitude for having my work be so appreciated, however I am at a loss on what to say. I am merely another page in a thick book written by so many others which gave me the opportunity directly or indirectly to admire their work and knowledge and learn from it. I have just been lucky in life also that my profession is not only my livelihood but also my hobby and my passion. Opportunity has not been only in woodworking but also in other areas such as the subjects of this forum which exposed me to a new hobby and passion which I never thought of many years ago. The willingness to share knowledge and ideas by the members here along with also with their real life wisdom and generosity has become a big part of who I am. "Artist" in my opinion is a rather subjective word or title. I think of it more as someone who creates , constantly evolves and expresses their feelings through their work or actions as a result of their interactions with others thorough out life. With that I can safely say that there are countless artists here in this forum reflected not only on physical creations but more importantly on their actions and deeds toward others.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 4

ebinmaine

Well put Caz

• Like 1

Pullstart

My niece stopped by so her mom could do the grocery shopping.

What keeps a kid busy the best?  A Wheel Horse, of course!

AE40B00C-644F-4DDD-9B8B-28BEAEDF387B.jpeg

B9EE8B11-F6DE-45AD-9E39-648416141243.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 4

The Tuul Crib

Putt putt is just her size !!

• Haha 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I nominate;

@formariz

@wallfish

@953 nut

@19richie66

@TIGman

:bow-blue:            I am honored to be placed in such company.       One non-member who hang out with a member should be included,   BBT keeps @ebinmaine riding in style.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:bow-blue:            I am honored to be placed in such company.       One non-member who hang out with a member should be included,   BBT keeps @ebinmaine riding in style.

She says "That's very nice. I'm honored to be in their group."

Very kind of you Richard.

And well deserved by her. 

I twist bolts and build a wiring harness here and there.

She's clearly the "artist"  around here.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Power washer broke Kev?!?!? :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

peter lena

just serviced  3 of my pto bells with lucas h/d grease ,https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-Ounce-10301-Grease/dp/B000IG20RW  i regularly keep an eye on things , all 3 were good , smooth and easy movement. i also greased up all the related pto lever ,movement points. even the mount point next to the battery tray . i added teflon and steel washers at that point , because it was so sloppy. nice and snug now , when you add the washers , it pulls in the lever on the out side of the consol , making for a very smooth and solid  lever swing. just regular maintenance  before the mower season , stay safe out there, pete  

• Like 4

Pullstart
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Power washer broke Kev?!?!? :ychain:

Believe it or not, I’ve never owned one :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Confused 2

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Believe it or not, I’ve never owned one :handgestures-thumbupright:

9 million tools and you don't have a power washer

That's a good enough excuse to go online tool shopping and see what else you don't have

• Haha 3