Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

953 nut
38 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

use black tape to cover all the useless  tire pressure  warning lights on my truck.

About a week after I had new tires installed on my truck one of those high dollar valve stems that monitor tire pressure bit the dust. Every time my wife drives my truck she complains about it but I'm to cheep (thrifty) to spend over $ 150 to turn that silly light off. Guess i could buy some black tape for $ 5,   Thanks ED.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell
8 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

About a week after I had new tires installed on my truck one of those high dollar valve stems that monitor tire pressure bit the dust. Every time my wife drives my truck she complains about it but I'm to cheep (thrifty) to spend over $ 150 to turn that silly light off. Guess i could buy some black tape for $ 5,   Thanks ED.

The batteries in those stems have a 10-15 year life if the aluminum housing doesn't crumble first.     I always remove mine when I install the first set of new tires.

• Like 3

8ntruck

I ended up getting the AC B-110 out today to tow the 14-8 up the hill to my shop.  I didn't have much time after getting the boat cleaned up and covered for outdoor storage in October - won't be able to get it in for shrink wrapping until November, and using the AC tractor to move the dock sections into the winter storage spot.

The no move problem on the 14-8 looks like it might be more than a missing key and set screw, as the input shaft did not appear to turn while I was pushing the tractor while it was in gear.  Strange thing is, there was not any unusual noise from the transmission before it quit running.  The shifter seems to go into all the gears without any problems.

OOPS.  I have not checked to see if the high/low shifter is between gears. :angry-teeth:  Got to remember to check the simple stuff first!

I'll leave ya'all with a pleasant image.  Shot it off the deck tonight just after sunset:

20241003_195050.jpg.9674c9dfa9243075b9666d5bade4a3fc.jpg

Edit:

Got to quote one of the political candidates - "Sometimes I can be a knucklehead".  I went out to the Horse shed tonight and found that the hi/low shift lever was indeed between gears.  Must have bumped it when I got off of the tractor to start taking the dock out of the lake.  Didn't think of that cause, since I had not used low range on my way to the lake.

Knowledge for me, a tidbit of wisdom for the rest of you - check ALL of the simple things first.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 5

kpinnc
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

I'll leave ya'all with a pleasant image.  Shot it off the deck tonight just after sunset:

Absolutely beautiful!

• Like 2

MainelyWheelhorse

More work on the old 308-8 today after work. A bit of greasing, lubing and removing and replacing three stuck screws, and the three other screws I got out, with bolts.Then replacing four heavily rusted clips with threaded inserts. It was a bit of a PITA but It’s coming along.

IMG_1395.jpeg

• Like 2