Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, MainelyWheelhorse said:

everything unstuck and running

Fantastic! 

Runs and drives OK? 

Just go down through the list in the "New to the Herd" thread and double check it. 

You'll be in fine shape. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

WHX??

Made up some magnetic transmission drain plugs. Need to JB weld the magnets in yet. 

20240929_081522.jpg

• Like 8

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Made up some magnetic transmission drain plugs. Need to JB weld the magnets in yet. 

Whatcha using for magnets? 

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

I haven't changed one bit. :roll:

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Whatcha using for magnets? 

Cheap on flea bay... 1/8 x 1/2 or so...

Nice wiring Bob...:handgestures-thumbupright:

Haven't had much luck with Terry's Kohler decals. Mostly the hood ones. 'Course they get rubbed up against hauling to shows and what not. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

Vinylguy
16 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Cheap on flea bay... 1/8 x 1/2 or so...

Nice wiring Bob...:handgestures-thumbupright:

Haven't had much luck with Terry's Kohler decals. Mostly the hood ones. 'Course they get rubbed up against hauling to shows and what not. 

What issues did you have with the die cut engine decals Bob? I will send you more no problem.

The best way to apply them is to use tweezers and lift each letter and apply individually. Also let me know what issues you are having with the hood decals? 

• Heart 1

WHX??
7 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:
27 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

What issues did you have with the die cut engine decals Bob?

Wasn't Bob Terry ... was the silver ones you made for my Cindy's flame. Rubbing up against them took them off. We can blame it on @Achto he put them on...:lol:

Not a big deal as this tractor is pretty much done going to shows.  Sadly too much danger of damage by myself :hide: and others.

20240929_115250.jpg

• Haha 1

MainelyWheelhorse
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Fantastic! 

Runs and drives OK? 

Just go down through the list in the "New to the Herd" thread and double check it. 

You'll be in fine shape. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

@ebinmaine Yeah it needs a pressure wash, a tire, a seat and greasing and I ought to change the transmission oil as it’s orange/yellow. However, The rear end is quieter than my 312. But It may need wheel seals. It may still need a battery, but it starts with the key 50/50. So far so good.

• Like 1

Racinbob
32 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

What issues did you have with the die cut engine decals Bob? I will send you more no problem.

The best way to apply them is to use tweezers and lift each letter and apply individually. Also let me know what issues you are having with the hood decals? 

No issues at all Terry. I debated putting them on all at once but decided to separate the Kohler letters. I used a razor knife to gently separate the letter from back (glue) side of the letter leaving it stuck to the clear top cover. That gave me a little handle to position it. I did the USA the same way but did all three letters at once. I didn't use the hood decals because this is on a 1976. I painted the hood letters on my 854 several years ago. :)

1606532172_854HoodLetters.JPG.d5751aa0b38d5db92b3ef8e4781e4471.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

the die cut engine decals

I used the Windex method and the point of an Exacto Knife for the engine letters, worked great.

• Like 1

8ntruck

It has rained enough here that the grass has greened up and grown a bit - enough that it will need mowing in the next few days.  Enough leaves are down that it will be worthwhile to put the block off plate on the SD deck.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

It has rained enough here that the grass has greened up and grown a bit - enough that it will need mowing in the next few days.  Enough leaves are down that it will be worthwhile to put the block off plate on the SD deck.

Same here.   Six straight days of rain and two more forecast turned my dead grass into a lush green rain forest.   If the sun ever shows, I'll be able to hear the grass growing.  I may throw an RD on and pull the sweeper.

• Like 3

squonk

Painting the raised letters.

Cover the letters and adjacent area with rubber cement and let it dry good. With a razor blade shave off the flat portion of the letters. Paint the flat portion. When paint is good and dry, rub off the remaining rubber cement.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
On 9/29/2024 at 2:18 PM, Achto said:

No sense hiding that thing in the garage where no one can see it

I agree but obviously I don't wear the pants anymore ... :rolleyes:

She was pretty miffed when Joel's dog knocked over the stanchion on it & doesn't understand "that'il buff out" 

• Like 1

MainelyWheelhorse

I worked on my new acquisition after work. It got a pressure wash, and I got the pto a bit tighter so it starts better. What I thought was a battery seems to be the pto safety switch as the linkage is a bit worn and out of adjustment. I swapped out the right front tire as it was super weather cracked and had a concerning bulge in it. I also took the headlights out as they were toast. I’ve got a couple days off so I’ll pick away at it.

Edited by MainelyWheelhorse
  • Like 4

Achto
10 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

She was pretty miffed when Joel's dog knocked over the stanchion on it & doesn't understand "that'il buff out" 

I'll bring the necessary tools to fix it on plow day. Won't even tell her & see if she notices.:thumbs2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
9 minutes ago, Achto said:

see if she notices

I'll chug one of your hot sauces she does... :D

• Haha 1

MainelyWheelhorse

I wonder if something like this would work to paint letters, detail, etc… As you paint it on let it dry and cut out what you want to paint. Once your done peel it off and that’s it. It’s basically a clear overspray film. It’s used in hobby grade R/C cars to paint intricate designs into the clear lean bodies.

IMG_2553.jpeg

• Excellent 2

Achto
4 minutes ago, MainelyWheelhorse said:

I wonder if something like this would work to paint letters, detail, etc… As you paint it on let it dry and cut out what you want to paint. It’s basically a clear overspray film.

I have used that my self on RC bodies. I think that it would work quite well.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

MainelyWheelhorse
6 minutes ago, Achto said:

I have used that my self on RC bodies. I think that it would work quite well.:handgestures-thumbupright:

@Achto Me too, a few times it works excellent. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

Day nine of rain.    Got the 312H ready for snow plowing and deer recovery duty.   48" plow, front and rear weight, blade centering support, rubber chains.

105_0139.JPG.3452f47732492c8dce4ffad74ee2836e.JPG105_0138.JPG.102356726b7fb69ed3909cb4f8bd747c.JPG105_0137.JPG.e63523c9fdf20e2089e0097635b3777f.JPG

• Excellent 5