Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Like this…

IMG_2029.jpeg

Excellent pic Mike! 

This is what my whole forest floor is.  

• Like 2

rick

Carlisle designed that tire for hard packed surfaces, I'm not surprised that the tires sort of failed the mud test.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, rick said:

Carlisle designed that tire for hard packed surfaces, I'm not surprised that the tires sort of failed the mud test.

I can see the logic there.  

I've had great luck with a good old fashioned R1 AG tire.  

Just wondering if there's a usable alternative that goes well in reverse. 

rick

I use a  Carlisle ag tire if I plow the garden.  Otherwise I have found that a turf tire with 2 link chains works well in snow and wet ground.  I wish there was a differential lock on our Horses.  Of course then I'd dig two holes when I lose traction!

Edited by rick
hit enter too soon!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, rick said:

I use a  Carlisle ag tire if I plow the garden.  Otherwise I have found that a turf tire with 2 link chains works well in snow and wet ground.  I wish there was a differential lock on our Horses.  Of course then I'd dig two holes when I lose traction!

Agreed.  

Trina sometimes uses chains year round on her lighter mid 60s rigs with 6 speeds and Limited Slip Differential. 

Mine are all larger heavier C Series. 

On my 3 season tractors I use AG tires, sometimes chains. 

My winter Horse has turfs with chains.  

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Turfs and 2 link vee bar chains for me for woods work(dragging fire wood logs and pulling down leaner blowdowns) and snow removal on unpaved roads.

Turfs and rubber chains on paved surfaces.     Steel chains are useless on my steep paved driveway.

• Like 5

cleat

Went to the storage building and got all the 520H's and both 312's running.

Did not start the 520HC as it is under a tarp with no battery.

The Work Horse is currently fully disassembled so it was not started either.

Quite a sound with the 4 Onans and 2 Kohlers all running at once.

Yes, I had one of the big doors open for at least some ventilation.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Shape

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT BRAKES ON MY D200, BUT I NEED SOME SHOES. ANY IDLE WHERE MIGHT GET SOME?

• Like 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, Shape said:

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT BRAKES ON MY D200, BUT I NEED SOME SHOES. ANY IDLE WHERE MIGHT GET SOME?

:WRS:

The D-200 could be fitted with turning brakes. Give Lincoln at A-Z Tractor a call to see if he may have a set.    https://www.a-ztractor.com/

• Like 3

TractorEd

Been moving a few decks around the garage.  I’m out of room, so I ordered some more pallet racking to make a little more.  That’s the hope anyway.

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 5

Tuneup

So, with the new electric pump making life easy on the 516H, I installed the new mag on the '99 Intek on my Snapper RER which had just died softly while cutting last week. My 62 year old brain told me it had to be the mag as the spark appeared weak. Made sense. Got the OEM part and . . . nothing. It couldn't have been under the valve cover because I just adjusted the valves. Finally moved it into the garage now that I have a week off and, yup, there was the intake rocker hanging on with adjuster on the cover. The adjuster lost its tiny little adjustment screw. Nothing - not by magnet, not in drained oil. Pulled the cover off and, nothing. The cam is worn to the point where ACR is a now and then thing. I'll buy new OEM because the Chinesium is a guaranteed fail. Even the B&S part is not of the quality of the solid piece I'll be tossing. Maybe swap the ACR pieces? And so, I wonder if they'll take back the mag . . . she'll run later next week. Sigh.

• Like 3

Pullstart

I’ve talked of Henry before, and his C-120.  When they got it from me, it only had forward gear and I sent another hydro with it.  We are camping at their house this weekend and got it going again!

It needed fresh transmission fluid and when the new trans got put in, the cam ball post apparatus wasn’t aligned.

IMG_9602.jpeg

74680897974__7A2BC7DF-D2E6-444B-80F6-E6518DCCC2D6.jpeg

74680899094__6A3076AF-92F9-41DB-BFBF-25F0B2AD41D6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheelhorse#1

Pressure washed the new to me C-101.It had been sitting for many yrs and was way over due.

The hood is off to the side.

IMG_8805.jpeg

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 5

adsm08

New-ish fuel tank.

I finally managed to run it out of fuel yesterday at a time and in a situation where I didn't have to put more in to finish what I was doing, so I pushed it back to the garage and put in the clean tank I got at the show.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Cee245

I put our grass collection system on the 416h and while mowing, the blades kept slowing down for some strange, odd, unknown reason.  

I contemplated stopping and investigating the cause, but the grass wasn't too high and was mostly weeds so it was very slow, but bearable as my lawn is about 1/2 acre. 

I mean, I KNOW I didn't over grease the pto FOR SURE this time.  I'm positive 😌.  I've cleaned and regreased many times! Right?

....hmm. well, on 2nd thought, I HAVE been wrong once or twice before... 🥸

20240902_125129.jpg

17252967713184658421603185824350.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 2

Handy Don
5 minutes ago, Cee245 said:

over grease the pto

Sadly, you may discover that the fiber has been irretrievably contaminated and need replacing.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Sad 1

Cee245

@Handy Don

No worries, I've been down this path before.  Thankfully, I've keep 2 spare's for this possibility!

• Like 5

8ntruck
8 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Sadly, you may discover that the fiber has been irretrievably contaminated and need replacing.

Brake cleaner would not help?

Maybe some Fullers earth?

• Like 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Brake cleaner would not help?

Maybe some Fullers earth?

I've always been told by sales reps and technician training that once a brake shoe is soaked it is no longer usable..

But I can't honestly tell you if that's because they want to sell you brake shoes more than they want to sell you brake cleaner. I've used brake cleaner with success in the past but I wouldn't do it on somebody else's vehicle.

• Like 3

PWL216

Added a new seat, grab handles and headlight bezels onto the 418-8. 

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

Bath time!!

20240903_155758.jpg

IMG_20240903_165310.jpg

IMG_20240903_165315.jpg

IMG_20240903_165320.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4