Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

wallfish
59 minutes ago, squonk said:

@wallfish Took the guides off and tried to fit the belt guard. It seems the front pulley is too big. I got it from K & B and it was marked an RJ engine pulley. Might explain why I had to use a 31" belt to fit.

Could be. Should be a 2.5 inch OD pulley with the set screw in the groove. Brian said he is making more. They do ride tight in there but should leave about 1/8" of space for the belt to release from the pulley groove.

Yes, the belt guide fingers would need to be removed to install it and the guard will then guide the belt instead. That belt appears to be riding a little high in the groove but maybe not.

Does it seem to go a little faster that it should be?

• Like 3

Sparky

It’s the little things…didn’t like how the PO painted the lugs but ignored the hubs :eusa-think:

Luckily I have a coffee can full of unpainted lugs. Shot the hubs with dark red primer, goes well with the patina. 

IMG_4107.jpeg

IMG_4112.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

wallfish
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

It’s the little things…didn’t like how the PO painted the lugs but ignored the hubs :eusa-think:

Luckily I have a coffee can full of unpainted lugs. Shot the hubs with dark red primer, goes well with the patina. 

Yeah, the contrast makes it look much better IMO.

And stop being a lug nut nazi. I might need some more from ya if I can get the hubs off that Commando 800 to swap them to normal good ones.

• Haha 4

squonk
6 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Could be. Should be a 2.5 inch OD pulley with the set screw in the groove. Brian said he is making more. They do ride tight in there but should leave about 1/8" of space for the belt to release from the pulley groove.

Yes, the belt guide fingers would need to be removed to install it and the guard will then guide the belt instead. That belt appears to be riding a little high in the groove but maybe not.

Does it seem to go a little faster that it should be?

I'll have to measure the pulley but the guard doesn't fit over all of the pulleys. Doesn't seem faster than it should be. 

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, MainelyWheelhorse said:

That's sound advice, however a wind break when its -10 isn't a bad thing either.:D

Ahhh  yes!

We live in a thick forest so there's a VERY large windbreak. 

ebinmaine

Working on our friend's Workhorse. 

A little maintenance. 

A little repair.  

All good.  

20240706_184246.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

cafoose

Working on my sickle project today and I got a visitor :D

20240706_170916.jpg.4a126b9b00c2fe1e47a0be8e781fa22a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

wallfish
Just now, squonk said:

I'll have to measure the pulley but the guard doesn't fit over all of the pulleys. Doesn't seem faster than it should be. 

There might be bigger holes drilled into the frame which allows the motor to "slide" more. And yes, some of those little nut roasters can be a pain to get the guard on and work correctly

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Yeah, the contrast makes it look much better IMO.

And stop being a lug nut nazi. I might need some more from ya if I can get the hubs off that Commando 800 to swap them to normal good ones.

John we got a pile of stock Wheelhorse lugnuts for ya headed down mebbe this Friday. 

• Like 2

wallfish
1 minute ago, cafoose said:

Imagine just reaching over and grabbing that instead of the belt or an air hose! LOL

• Haha 6

squonk
Just now, wallfish said:

There might be bigger holes drilled into the frame which allows the motor to "slide" more. And yes, some of those little nut roasters can be a pain to get the guard on and work correctly

Engine is back and close to the trans as it can go. It's not a WH spec. Engine so maybe that's got something to do with it. Exhaust port was only 1/2 " and I had to lower the entire exhaust from it's normal height. Had to drill new holes for the pipe hanger.

Ed Kennell
15 minutes ago, cafoose said:

I got a visitor :D

A good mouser.   :thumbs:

• Excellent 2

wallfish
4 minutes ago, squonk said:

Engine is back and close to the trans as it can go. It's not a WH spec. Engine so maybe that's got something to do with it. Exhaust port was only 1/2 " and I had to lower the entire exhaust from it's normal height. Had to drill new holes for the pipe hanger.

I don't remember if they put a plate under the H55 Teccys to raise the shaft for those tractors or not, but don't think so. Maybe Cas @formariz could shed some light about changing from a H55 to K91 and fitting the guard.

WHGuy413

Hot and muggy here in western Massachusetts but @WheelHorse_Kid and I spent a little time outside yesterday under the trees working on a C-105 that came as a package deal when I bought my c-160 auto. It’s pretty rough body wise but the transmission shifts into all gears. It’s an absolute wiring nightmare with random wires with a zillion connectors and splices everywhere. We got the engine running by jumping the starter direct and putting a jumper wire to the coil. The idea was to use it as our base for his pulling tractor build but…. I went to my friends house to pick up a tractor he sold to my older sons friend and came home with another c-105 (from a package deal him and I went in on a few months ago). It’s in much better shape body wise and should be easier to clean up when we are ready for paint. So now the plan is to take the best of both the tractors and make one real good one and Save the transmission and engine from what ever one we aren’t using as spares for his puller. The good looking c-105 is on the left in the picture. C-85 is going to my older sons friend tomorrow.

while out yesterday working on the first c-105 Alex took the rear tire off and was swarmed with yellow jackets. Thank god he didn’t get stung since he’s allergic. I watched the tire go flying and him Go running. They had built a nest under the flat rear tire. How neither of us got stung all day working on and around that tire I don’t know. But glad someone was looking out for him. 

IMG_7857.jpeg

IMG_7849.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

squonk

When I purchased this 551 the transmission had new seals already installed. Noticed a small puddle under the tractor this morning. The brake shaft seal left the chat a tad early! :(

IMG_20240707_144328922.jpg.d221d11e3755de9cf44548e2cd2ac1f7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

ML3

Put a tach & gps speedo on rat rod. Wanted the "old school" look on the hood but with modern gages. And fortunately everything works! 

20240707_134552.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Darn good thing those 'lectrikk horses cain't go 88 mph or you'd be all over time n back again!!

• Haha 3

953 nut
On 7/6/2024 at 6:49 PM, wallfish said:

Imagine just reaching over and grabbing that instead of the belt or an air hose! LOL

Been there,   Went into the garden shed without turning on the light and reached for a pair of clippers at the back of a shelf. As I felt what I thought was the handle it moved, turned out to be a small black snake about two feet. He was gone and I decided to turn on the light next time.

• Haha 5

Streetrodchev

Swapped out the non-WH front weights for the set I found at a swap meet earlier this year. 

IMG_8171.jpeg

IMG_8174.jpeg

IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8172.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Tractorhead

Flat right front tyre yesterday.

Mowing must be interrupted with the suicidal Mowerdeck.

Heck the Grass is now still 80cm high...

🤪

ordered new one.

• Like 3

sqrlgtr
On 7/6/2024 at 6:46 PM, cafoose said:

20240706_170916.jpg.4a126b9b00c2fe1e47a0be8e781fa22a.jpg

I sure am glad we didnt meet him the other day when we were out stomping around your place looking for wheel horse stuff . Surprises got to love them...:happy-smileyinthebox:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine

I wish we had those larger non-venomous snakes. It would help a lot with our rodent issues.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1