Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

davem1111
53 minutes ago, Monstrosity said:

Rainy day not much work at the farm so came home and finally painted the rims20231029_141315.jpg.e83c6541be5a25d22f8688f06d46088c.jpg

Great dedicated team of helpers you have there! :D:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 5

peter lena

@ML3 always experimenting on any issue ,repetitive problems are what you want, for a trail to failure point ,  eliminate , change , improve as you go . your picture of trans, shift rod / boot, idler pulley . a TYE WRAP ,  just  ABOVE THE SHIFT BOOT ,that has been under lubricated , makes for a solid gain , that idler pulley , with the tiny side bearing shields , is telling you of a failure point , and related rusty linkage. Size on out , same size / type , with possible wider grease shields, carefully remove shields and re grease with a hi temp grease , eliminate a rusty failure . when you improve / change , any rotational movement point , you will notice a FUNCTIONAL EASE , of operation that makes things  easy . just a thought , pete 

• Like 1

Tractorhead
On 10/28/2023 at 9:40 PM, Handy Don said:

And who needs a cigarette lighter anymore?!

Aem i do..😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

ML3
17 hours ago, peter lena said:

@ML3 always experimenting on any issue ,repetitive problems are what you want, for a trail to failure point ,  eliminate , change , improve as you go . your picture of trans, shift rod / boot, idler pulley . a TYE WRAP ,  just  ABOVE THE SHIFT BOOT ,that has been under lubricated , makes for a solid gain , that idler pulley , with the tiny side bearing shields , is telling you of a failure point , and related rusty linkage. Size on out , same size / type , with possible wider grease shields, carefully remove shields and re grease with a hi temp grease , eliminate a rusty failure . when you improve / change , any rotational movement point , you will notice a FUNCTIONAL EASE , of operation that makes things  easy . just a thought , pete 

Agreed. That's why it's coming apart 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Stormy has had a ripped valve stem since Memorial Weekend.  Since I’m moving stuff around, it might as well roll (finally)!

869A4594-646C-42EB-B8A0-50A5ABD7CF4B.jpeg

• Like 7

Colby G

Got a new project today, needs a lot of TLC, but it was a great deal, and came with a gearbox

IMG_20231031_212015.jpg

Edited by Colby G
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

TonyToro
On 10/30/2023 at 9:43 PM, Pullstart said:

Just rolled ‘em around.  I’m starting to pack away my toys like a squirrel for the winter.  I think I have enough 8” tires!

ACE7219E-0044-4CA7-AB1C-4C115D041189.jpeg

83950DEC-A4E2-4E60-A912-83C12413E90E.jpeg

7BD6FEC8-E617-4FF2-8D54-3259C419F16D.jpeg

Every time I see your shop I say….man I need to build one that big! My garage is over full. 😂 

• Haha 4

Colby G

Working on replacing the gearbox in the new charger 12, but it has a crack in the mount, so we've gotta weld that. Also going to put a bigger pin in the hood so it doesn't wiggle as much and got to get a hood latch and line up the hood yet.

IMG_20231101_194052.jpg

IMG_20231101_194055.jpg

• Like 6

Colby G

I'm trying to take the hubs off the shaft of the gearbox and was wondering if anyone knows why they won't come off

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Colby G said:

I'm trying to take the hubs off the shaft of the gearbox and was wondering if anyone knows why they won't come off

Wheel hub removal from an axle and be extremely difficult and requires Great patience with the possibility of specials.

DO NOT USE A HAMMER OF ANY KIND. 

DO NOT USE A THREE-JAW PULLER.  

There are a few different ways of attacking the problem and I would highly recommend doing a search on the site and taking the time to read up on them.

Patience is the answer.  

Remember, it took 40 or 60 years for them to rust in place and they won't come off in just a few minutes.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

Go to the search icon, top right, and put in the phrase "hub puller". Use the quote marks. That will narrow your search. This will show you many of the ways we get our hubs off. Remember, no hammers, and no 3-jaw pullers. A lot of PB Blaster and patience. Good luck.

• Like 6

TJ5208

Some of you guys may remember a while back I got rims and tires for my tractor. Well I had a blowout pulling a big grain cart full of beans going down the Highway. So I had to stick turf tires back on it for a little while until I found this other for 416-8 that had ags on it then I put them on it. And then the other day I found a set of 26 12 12s on Marketplace and decide to go ahead and get them. So now I need to paint match the rims probably give the front rim an extra coat to match the Rears after I paint them

Screenshot_20231011_220002_Video Player.jpg

20231101_164838.jpg

20231101_171924.jpg

20231101_172557.jpg

20231101_172602.jpg

20231101_172945.jpg

20231101_174525.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

sjoemie himself
7 hours ago, TJ5208 said:

20231101_171924.jpg

Looks beefy! I like it :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself
28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20231103_153607.jpg

Nice horn! 

Also, are those ma-hoo-sive zipties you've got on the rear wheel weights there?

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Nice horn! 

Also, are those ma-hoo-sive zipties you've got on the rear wheel weights there?

Around our acreage it's sort of a requirement that you need to have a noise maker of some type on your tractor.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Millie has thumb pusher ringalinger on the steering wheel.  

Giant zip ties would be awesome but no. Those are standard average everyday run of the mill tarp holder type bungee cords.   

sjoemie himself
40 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

noise maker of some

Ha.. and here I was thinking an exhaust or maybe the driver would cause enough noises :angry-cussingblack: :teasing-blah::eusa-dance:

42 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

standard average everyday run of the mill tarp holder type bungee cords.   

Check! To hold the chains toight..

Believe it or not we call those 'spinnekoppen' or spiderheads.. yeh I know, weird..

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

driver would cause enough noises

Interesting you'd say that.....

Watch for a new thread about a word, soon. 

• Like 1

Tractorhead
59 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Ha.. and here I was thinking an exhaust or maybe the driver would cause enough noises :angry-cussingblack: :teasing-blah::eusa-dance:

When the driver eaten too much Beans.....

could be ...

May be...😂

• Haha 5

sjoemie himself
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Put the tiller on and tilled the garden.

104_2518.JPG.2d411f52747e91204af8de25b1e992a2.JPG

Hello mr. Ed, interesting setup. I want to make something similar. Does this tiller spin forward (pulling the tractor) or backwards (pushing back)?

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Does this tiller spin forward (pulling the tractor) or backwards (pushing back)?

Hi Mark,  It pushes the tractor backwards.  It spins as designed with the sharp edge of the tines leading.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1