Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

peter lena

@Lee1977  notice your rear deck wheels are  set on a low setting, personally have gone over to a 7 " rear deck wheel , to increase  discharge / look . that also exposed the junk wheels available in that  type size . bearings are pressed in and low quality . found a couple of older , narrow zero turn wheels , that are rugged and with a smooth bolt bearing area , and elastic lock nut , regrease ,have been very good . that has been a difficult combo to find , on the hunt , when I find some wheels /  bolt set up , will put it on site .the deck drop after a heavy cut , is a good idea , for a look see , clean out , prop up to sun with a 2/4  or similar , heat up oil soak , into hot underside , break the GRUNGE CYCLE , STOP THE ROT . be in touch , pete

Lee1977
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Lee1977  notice your rear deck wheels are  set on a low setting, personally have gone over to a 7 " rear deck wheel , to increase  discharge / look . that also exposed the junk wheels available in that  type size . bearings are pressed in and low quality . found a couple of older , narrow zero turn wheels , that are rugged and with a smooth bolt bearing area , and elastic lock nut , regrease ,have been very good . that has been a difficult combo to find , on the hunt , when I find some wheels /  bolt set up , will put it on site .the deck drop after a heavy cut , is a good idea , for a look see , clean out , prop up to sun with a 2/4  or similar , heat up oil soak , into hot underside , break the GRUNGE CYCLE , STOP THE ROT . be in touch , pete

The the wheel bolt on location has been dropped to  to 1 3/4'" or 2 3/4". The wore out 6" deck wheels (5 1/2'') are equal to 9" or 11" .They were in the 9" location in that picture, the tractor is up 1 1/2" front  and 1" in the back  with the over size tires.

SAM-1006-2.jpg

• Like 1

Lee1977
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Same here. 

We planted the garden one side of the other of June 1st. 

Watered it once to set the seeds in moisture. 

Not again this season. 

We'll be using the Wally Digger Backhoe to make another drainage ditch this fall.  

If it's dry you can dam the ditch with a big rock to save what you do get.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

If it's dry you can dam the ditch with a big rock to save what you do get.

Good point. 

I'll mention that to Trina too.  

jamessparks

Well, I knocked the horse out of gear today and ran into the shed! It bent the arm on my PTO Latch. (Part#  93-1613)
Any thoughts on straightening this out or a replacement any one has local @Ed Kennell?

image.jpg

IMG_2367.jpeg

johnnymag3

I believe I have a few of those laying around. Send me a good picture of yours so I can match.👍

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Evguy

I bought a tractor with a bent latch, I was able to straighten it with a healthy pry bar while it was in place. I can’t assess the damage to yours, but mine was bent in the middle 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

TonyToro Jr.

Got the C-145 out of the barn today and did some rototiling with it. The gave it a Well deserved bath after.

0452A748-056A-40A1-8884-1CBA29A313A3.jpeg

F611278D-8F03-4506-8367-C41E1716E8BA.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Desko

It's been awhile but nothing to really show aside from mowing lawn but unfortunately that came to an abrupt end. The 520 decided to give up the ghost and take out the main bearing and shear the thrust washer off it the flywheel end which is a mystery to me as to why. When I built the engine everything was well within spec on the crank end play and bearing clearance and the pto bell wasn't set too tight. So hopefully it was a fluke thing and I can get away with putting a new bearing into it and resetting the end play. 

IMG_5097.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Jayoutdoors

today was a hitch, carb cleaning,  and discovering the fuel tank grommet was rotted and leaking.  not pictured is the frozen choke cable   lol 

20230826_200516.jpg

20230826_210249.jpg

20230826_210245.jpg

20230826_202441.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
On 8/22/2023 at 2:11 PM, jamessparks said:

replacement any one has local

Sorry, I just saw this James.    Been busy at the hospital.     I'll look this afternoon if you still need one.

c-series don

@jamessparks I have one if Ed doesn’t, I believe it’s NOS! PM me your address and I’ll ship it. Pay shipping and it’s yours, 10 bucks maybe? 

IMG_0149.jpeg

Ed Kennell

Thanks Don.    We can also probably press your bent one back to straight James.     Stop by If you want to straighten it.

Update @jamessparks, I just checked.   I only have one front and it is assembled in a complete att-O-mat that I don't want to break up.

I have several mid mount a-o-ms, but they won't work on the front.    Call me if you want to come straighten your bent one.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

ML3

Replaced fuel tank grommet/shut off a few weeks ago on C105. Finally got around to actually putting fuel back in tank......

Now the fuel pump is leaking! 🙄 Guess I'll order a new pump today. At least it's an easy fix. 

IMG_20230827_142248809.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, ML3 said:

Replaced fuel tank grommet/shut off a few weeks ago on C105. Finally got around to actually putting fuel back in tank......

Now the fuel pump is leaking! 🙄 Guess I'll order a new pump today. At least it's an easy fix. 

IMG_20230827_142248809.jpg

While you're in there it would be a good idea to figure out why this clamp has slid down.

Also replace that piece of fuel line because it looks pretty old.

Screenshot_20230828-055529~2.png

• Like 1

ML3

I noticed that.

Probably replace fuel hose & clamps when I do fuel pump

• Like 2

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, ML3 said:

I noticed that.

DEFINITELY replace fuel hose & clamps when I do fuel pump

With the age of these tractors and the poor fuels most of us have to use nowadays, I make it a point of maintenance. No longer a "possibility"... just has to happen.  

ML3
24 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

With the age of these tractors and the poor fuels most of us have to use nowadays, I make it a point of maintenance. No longer a "possibility"... just has to happen.  

True!

I only use ethenol free gasoline in my yard equipment. 

• Excellent 1

cleat
1 hour ago, ML3 said:

True!

I only use ethenol free gasoline in my yard equipment. 

I did for years as well.

Can't find it any more.

Seems everyone around me sells 10% ethanol fuel now.

I replace all the fuel line with new, hopefully ethanol tolerant hose and so far so good.

ML3
3 minutes ago, cleat said:

I did for years as well.

Can't find it any more.

Seems everyone around me sells 10% ethanol fuel now.

I replace all the fuel line with new, hopefully ethanol tolerant hose and so far so good.

Fortunately, we have 1 locally owned fuel station that sells ethenol free fuel, CAM2, kerosene, & off road diesel. My town is surrounded by agriculture for miles & miles. 

• Like 1

squonk

I've noticed the hood on my C-160 doesn't always want to fit on the hood stand correctly. The other day when lowering the heavy recycler deck I noticed the hood and hood stand moving in different directions. I knew exactly where I had to look. Hood stand cracked right below the lift arm. Had to remove the running board, brake rod and brake pedal, hyd. lift control and cylinder to get enough access. I have an appt. with Billy Bob the welder on Thursday.

1738876598_crack2.jpg.f7bc41dc0360068bbf1517312c0710a9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Tractorhead
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I've noticed the hood on my C-160 doesn't always want to fit on the hood stand correctly. The other day when lowering the heavy recycler deck I noticed the hood and hood stand moving in different directions. I knew exactly where I had to look. Hood stand cracked right below the lift arm. Had to remove the running board, brake rod and brake pedal, hyd. lift control and cylinder to get enough access. I have an appt. with Billy Bob the welder on Thursday.

1738876598_crack2.jpg.f7bc41dc0360068bbf1517312c0710a9.jpg

oh, a warranty case 😎

• Haha 6