Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ineedanother
17 minutes ago, squonk said:

I'm sure the system that monitors the oil life takes into account the engine temps as oil will break down sooner if run hot. With the history of the GM fuel de-activation system issues I wouldn't wait until the system tells you to change the oil. I  change my 2013 Sierra every 4000 miles

Yeah, mine is a 2012 so it's getting old but it's a 6.2 and holds 6 qt which I think helps. I use Wix filters and keep and eye on things and when I check the mileage it generally calls for a change between 5-6k and I tend to do it early. I run my vehicles for 300+k miles and I think you're doing your WH right by tending to the hydro juice :thumbs: Fairly inexpensive insurance.

• Like 1

Sparky
27 minutes ago, Colby G said:

16908445956366218644415726597795.jpg

Those are some SKINNY rear tires. What size are they? 

Colby G
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Those are some SKINNY rear tires. What size are they? 

5-12. They are the ones I bought it with.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Took my snowmowtractor for a ride…

• Like 1

wallfish
41 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Took my snowmowtractor for a ride…

You know very well that didn't happen without supplying a video! LoL

Still slipping? Did the ride give you any motivation to get back at again?

• Haha 1

TJ5208

Leveled more ground today

20230801_141732.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Colby G
29 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

you’re getting ahead of yourself!

2A009159-287A-44D9-98F9-49D32CF703EE.jpeg

Omg, that thing is awesome!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
35 minutes ago, Colby G said:

Omg, that thing is awesome!

Thanks!  It started as an idea and 2 weeks later it rolled out of the shop!

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8ntruck

Dropped the SD deck off of the C-195 today and put it under the 14-8.  No PTO clutch problems with the SD deck when I mowed today.

This means I'll need to get into the RD deck to see what is dragging and was causing the PTO clutch to slip on the 14-8 last time I went to mow.

While changing the decks, I did notice that the pullies on the mule drive seem to be offset towards the frame, causing the side of the belt to rub on the pulley flange as it exits the pulley.  Got a strange wear pattern on the pulley flange.  Will have to figure out some spacers for the mule drive to get this corrected.

20230802_202836.jpg.0be0ea02fba76c6ec961a3f9697f2936.jpg

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

ML3

Pulley finally came for my diesel. Gotta figure out drive belt length. Its gonna be somewhat a guessing game I imagine. Took a couple measurements. Also gonna make engine mount plate because engine doesn't line up with original mounting holes. I'll bolt it thru original holes because I don't wanna weld to original frame. 

IMG_20230803_174545270.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Evguy
12 minutes ago, ML3 said:

Pulley finally came for my diesel. Gotta figure out drive belt length. Its gonna be somewhat a guessing game I imagine. Took a couple measurements. Also gonna make engine mount plate because engine doesn't line up with original mounting holes. I'll bolt it thru original holes because I don't wanna weld to original frame. 

IMG_20230803_174545270.jpg

Looking good, I use a rope that fits in pulley like belt would and it gets me pretty close on lengths. I also use original holes in case it ever gets changed back to original.

• Like 3

ML3
30 minutes ago, Evguy said:

Looking good, I use a rope that fits in pulley like belt would and it gets me pretty close on lengths. I also use original holes in case it ever gets changed back to original.

The engine won't fit in the original holes in frame. It hits the clutch pulley so it has to go forward. That's why I'm making a motor plate that will mount thru the original holes in case I put the original Kohler back in . 

• Like 3

oliver2-44
On 8/2/2023 at 7:22 PM, 8ntruck said:

Dropped the SD deck off of the C-195 today and put it under the 14-8.  No PTO clutch problems with the SD deck when I mowed today.

This means I'll need to get into the RD deck to see what is dragging and was causing the PTO clutch to slip on the 14-8 last time I went to mow.

While changing the decks, I did notice that the pullies on the mule drive seem to be offset towards the frame, causing the side of the belt to rub on the pulley flange as it exits the pulley.  Got a strange wear pattern on the pulley flange.  Will have to figure out some spacers for the mule drive to get this corrected.

20230802_202836.jpg.0be0ea02fba76c6ec961a3f9697f2936.jpg

The mule drive has 2 spacers and they are different lengths. I don’t have the measurements, but maybe someone on here can post the correct spacer lengths and what order they install 

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: I had the mule drive apart giving it the Greasy Pete treatment last fall.  I'm pretty sure I got the spacers back in the right order, but......

Just by eyeball, it looks like the pulleys need to come out somewhere on the order of 1/4 to 3/8 inch.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

Lee1977

There are two spacers a5/8" 

Lee1977

There are two spacers a 5/8" between the pulleys abd a 1/2" on the out side that is not your problem . There is a 5/8" spacer behind the v-groove pulley that is welded to the shaft, I think the weld has broken loose that will allow that spacer to move back 3/8" to 7/16".  Some heavy handed must have over tightened and broken that weld as one of mine is just spot welded.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

Pullstart
On 8/3/2023 at 6:05 PM, ML3 said:

I believe we talked at the big show about this?  I had the yellow wheelie machine that people were signing.  I think this tractor deserves it’s own post so the details don’t get lost in the shuffle.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

ML3
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I believe we talked at the big show about this?  I had the yellow wheelie machine that people were signing.  I think this tractor deserves it’s own post so the details don’t get lost in the shuffle.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

We did talk at show. If having a post for the tractor I guess that makes sense. Problem is I'm old & dumb so I don't do well with technology. I'd have to figure out how to do that. Maybe if I could get my 20yr old son to help?? Between his job, side jobs, karate, gym, girlfriend, helping at my elderly parents house, etc he ain't got much time for dad! Lol

Also things gotten really busy with work. I'm an international rep for the UAW. Negotiations started with the big 3 automakers. It's gonna be a blood bath but I'm always wanting to fight for the working man. My life/schedule becomes so unpredictable during negotiations. 

Edited by ML3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@8ntruck  looks like the pulleys were installed wrong , that inner down drive belt , should be going to a v notch pulley , the other return side should be the flat idler, easy swap .  always lay that out , as was built , easy fix pete 

8ntruck
3 hours ago, peter lena said:

@8ntruck  looks like the pulleys were installed wrong , that inner down drive belt , should be going to a v notch pulley , the other return side should be the flat idler, easy swap .  always lay that out , as was built , easy fix pete 

I've got the V pulley on the inside and the flat pulley on the outside of the mule drive.   Bad picture.  I had intended to include the pulleys in the bottom of the picture.  Didn't notice that I missed them until I posted the picture. 

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, ML3 said:

. I'd have to figure out how to do that

It's fairly easy. 

If you can answer these posts you can create one just fine. 

Just a couple extra steps.  

• Like 2

Sparky

Mounted up front tires on wheels I bought from @squonk at this years WHS. 
  Thanks Mike! Just might be the nicest wheels in my small fleet :lol:

IMG_9335.jpeg

IMG_9333.jpeg

IMG_9334.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4