Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ML3
6 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@ML3  noting your bare frame opportunity , to tuck / lay in a steel fuel line the length of the frame , up against the inner frame bend point . extend out about 6"  + cap it off , now as you build up , you can add a clear vinyl fuel rated hose and filter , coming from tank and going to engine . what you have done is to MINIMIZE  FUEL LINE BREAK DOWN . people complain about , ethenol fuel . if you make an elimination of the hose composition , you will have fewer problms , even with diesel fuel , BTW  also swap out the drive belt idler pulley , nown for failure / noise . looks like you are on track , pete  

The steel fuel line I am considering. I think I found a fuel tank that I can locate where original was at. I will still have to modify to accept fuel return line into tank. I'm still waiting on my engine pulley to arrive. Then I'll get pulleys & proper belt size/length figured out along with precise engine location. I'll need to make a mounting plate. Since I don't have a belt guard I gotta make something to allow belt to slip without throwing belt when clutch is pressed or trans in neutral. I want to get moving quicker but I'm busy w/work, it's been really hot (I don't like the heat & haven't gotten a/c installed yet in garage) & my sciatica is still giving me problems so that limits the time I can spend working on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@ML3   can relate , even down to  SCIATICA , just keep getting older , other choice , not so good , pete

• Like 2

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, ML3 said:

Then I'll get pulleys & proper belt size/length figured out along with precise engine location. I'll need to make a mounting plate. Since I don't have a belt guard I gotta make something to allow belt to slip without throwing belt when clutch is pressed or trans in neutral

There are a couple very good description videos on YouTube I keep in my Watch Later File. 

I'll post them when I remember.  

• Like 1

ML3
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

There are a couple very good description videos on YouTube I keep in my Watch Later File. 

I'll post them when I remember.  

I think I've seen the videos. Want to get all the difficult engineering/fab work done to get tractor up & running before winter with some hours running etc. Once I get all the bugs worked out then I'll get the details done during winter months. My hood has unfortunately already been trimmed at the back. I'm probably going to have to trim a bit more to try & clean it up to make it look better.  It was trimmed crooked. 🙄Ultimately, I'm going to redo the exhaust & with fuel tank located in stock location I will get a nice hood on. They definitely aren't easy to come by. 

And....of course I still got my Suburban rat rod Predator 212 project in line next......

peter lena

@davem1111   got a dr,s slip for physical movement therapy , helped a lot , regularly do it ,  just sayin , pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@davem1111  therapist , I  went to was also a body reader , had you , walk , sit , twist , turn , lay down , twist . then went to every related pain point that he saw.  continue to gain on areas that were found , with  print out sheets to follow . upper leg muscles were  very restrictive , with back pull,, much better now , do it every day , pete

• Like 1

davem1111
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@davem1111   got a dr,s slip for physical movement therapy , helped a lot , regularly do it ,  just sayin , pete

Pete,  I wasn't the one who mentioned the Sciatica but I too am having issues. Could barely walk earlier this week due to pain in right hip, went to clinic and got a Toradol injection and a Prednisone prescription. Got better at first, now the pain is more to the right of my tailbone.  Doctor friend says it sounds like sacroiliitis - joint or seam in back of pelvis is inflamed. Producing nerve pain and a burning sensation all the way to my foot. Sheesh. Can't lay down, or sit, or stand very long at a stretch. But like you said, movement is important even if it's uncomfortable. I'm stretching and taking walks when I can. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, ML3 said:

I think I've seen the videos. Want to get all the difficult engineering/fab work done to get tractor up & running before winter with some hours running etc. 

Forgive my bad memory. 

What's the rig you're building up ? 

cleat

I nicknamed those wheel horses the ballburners.

I wonder if a cooler running diesel would be another benefit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TonyToro Jr.

Gave my 310-8 a real workout today doing some mowing. Did a great job and layed  some nice stripes!

58113C51-094D-4D4E-B7F9-545C46F7A5EE.jpeg

39D7D604-4417-4375-B321-70C5950E1C15.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

pfrederi
16 hours ago, ML3 said:

I'm putting an Amazon purchased diesel in my RJ. 

IMG_20230716_111636171.jpg

Not sure at my age I would be able to deal with a pullstart diesel.  Good thing you are younger:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ML3
3 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Not sure at my age I would be able to deal with a pullstart diesel.  Good thing you are younger:P

Actually it starts easy. Has a decompression lever. Almost always starts on 1st pull. I'm at age that electric start is way I wanna go. 

• Like 2

Stormin

Had a move round in the workshop today and got the C-81 with finger bar out of it's resting place. Could be put to work tomorrow, so gave it a check over and put the battery on charge. Not that it was flat.

Also made some new rubber travel bump stops for the 42" deck.

• Like 3

ML3

New fuel shut off on C105.

Got up for work this morning & smelled fuel. Took a bit to figure out what it was. Minibike? Motorcycles? Moped? Which tractor? Outboard on boat? 

Still waiting on my pulley so can't do anything more with the RJ. 

IMG_20230729_143125280.jpg

• Like 4

ML3

Also gave the 654 a little "road test" I changed transmission fluid last week but haven't driven it since. All is good! Now I gotta wash off tractor cause yard was wet & muddy from all the he rain we been having. And.....I need a wash too! Lol! 

• Like 3

cleat
1 hour ago, ML3 said:

New fuel shut off on C105.

Got up for work this morning & smelled fuel. Took a bit to figure out what it was. Minibike? Motorcycles? Moped? Which tractor? Outboard on boat? 

Still waiting on my pulley so can't do anything more with the RJ. 

IMG_20230729_143125280.jpg

Sometimes all you need to do is unscrew the packing nut then totally unscrew the shutoff.

At this point you should be able to remove the little "O" ring and replace with a new one then just reassemble the valve.

I have done this with the valve still in the tank and only takes a couple of minutes aside from draining the fuel tank.

I don't know the o ring size off-hand, I just grab one from an o ring kit that fits.

• Like 3

ML3

I had a new shut off so I just replaced it. Easy fix. 

• Like 2

Redav72
On 7/28/2023 at 1:45 PM, Rob J. said:

Finally got to the 656. Got it running awesome. Cleaned it up and put a seat on him. 88 degrees can kiss my ass though! 😂

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

That seat looks terrific.  How’d you come by it?

• Like 3

Redav72

Bought a hitch sleeve insert from parts ‘n more.  Hooked up the 753 to the hay wagon and took it for a test drive around the neighborhood.

IMG_7814.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Rob J.
12 minutes ago, Redav72 said:

That seat looks terrific.  How’d you come by it?

Matt Castagno

• Like 3