Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, nyquil junkie said:

By roll pins I could mean nails...depends on how the search goes.

:ROTF:

I'd absolutely do the same thing... Temporarily.  

Just keep in mind a nail is MUCH softer than a proper roll pin. 

davem1111
On 7/21/2023 at 1:15 AM, ohiofarmer said:

The tall thing you see is up the hill on Eaton-Lewisburg road close to the gravel plant. I am not sure what it is. The duramax plant is located on the Arlington road exit at Brookville back where the shoe warehouse was. That land used to be a turf grass farm and that is probably why it converted to commercial property..I live between 5 and ten miles from every place you mentioned in the southeast corner of Darke County. I would say that both Phillipsburg and Arcanum are each five miles away as is Lewisburg.and t

Of course route 40 is also the National Road that makes Lewisburg have some of the older homes in the immediate area. There are two covered bridges a few miles from Lewisburg and a third that rests in the city park moved from somewhere.

I love that area and have fond memories of being there - it has a slow, relaxed vibe to it, but don't think I'll ever live there again. My next move will be most likely to somewhere with some mountains - I was just in the Smokey Mountains and really love it there.

I've been to family reunion picnics I believe in the park where that covered bridge is, and the one with the old train car or caboose (unless they are the same park). But I think they're kind of across the road from each other.  One fond memory I have is of the Lewisburg Sesquicentennial when I was younger.  I think my grandpa drove a tractor in the parade. Also, there used to be steam tractor shows, or steam tractors at a "general" tractor show, or maybe in some parades, but I doubt they took them down the street in town. That was a long time ago....

Wheelhorse#1
On 7/21/2023 at 9:23 PM, 8ntruck said:

Rye.

The stuff can work as a carb cleaner as well I hear. 1 Shot to gallon of gas ! lol :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3

ebinmaine

IMG_20230723_151005_HDR.jpg.4dfc4ee2aa59ecd3b4ca5ec2e9c7fbc7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Colby G

Where can I buy parts for a 1973 No Name 8 HP 4 Speed?

TJ5208

Got a deck put on the 520-8 

20230723_195717.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Colby G said:

What're you looking for? 

rjg854
11 hours ago, Colby G said:

You could call A-Z Tractor and see what he might have.

• Like 1

JPWH

What parts are you looking for. I have a few parts from a73 no name.

Colby G
29 minutes ago, JPWH said:

What parts are you looking for. I have a few parts from a73 no name.

I am looking for an original headlight cover, and id also like a hood ornament.

Edited by Colby G

JPWH

I have both but neither are in great shape.

Colby G
27 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I have both but neither are in great shape.

Could you show me a picture?

JPWH

I can when I get home from work tomorrow evening. I usually get home around 5:30.

Colby G
2 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I can when I get home from work tomorrow evening. I usually get home around 5:30.

Ok, thanks!

nyquil junkie

I found a new roll pin.

7681.jpg.037363329dd809cd909b1001de865b9c.jpg

It works for now. I de greased the disk and it catches better.

Then it was carb time.  The engine had to be run at half choke all the time and didn't want to start and... sometimes was puking gas out of the overflow.  So I just bought a new $25 chinesium special on Amz. What can go wrong with that Idea?  I've bought other cheapniese carbs and they mostly worked, some needing a little adjustment.  Not this one...

Huffed black smoke on startup, would huff black smoke under a load if it was more than half throttle. I tweaked it a little, stil wasnt right. I put the new set of coils on it, because the old ones were msmatched and really old crusty beat up things that I thought would help the problem.

After a couple take aparts and put togethers, I gave up and stripped the old carb down and cleaned it. it had a fair amount of crud and clogs... I flushed and cleaned it all out.  Stuck it back on the engine and there ya go.... runs like a new one. No more misses, smoke chokes or hard starts.

As far as I can tell the china carbs main jet was way too big and the idle jet screw didnt feel right. Something in that new carb wasn't right at all.

The old carb back in place.  The Old Nikki carb trumps General Tso's POS carb.

622.jpg.7b3fda2131ccb20ffae99fdf9244c9bf.jpg

Next up.. a new hydro filter and maybe some new fluid. The hydrostat has an annoying whine, louder than the normal not so annoying whine it had.  When my skid steer does that it time to change the filter.

We'll see how it goes.

• Excellent 6

kpinnc
43 minutes ago, nyquil junkie said:

We'll see how it goes.

I see you're running a Vanguard. I have several, and they are very good engines. Far superior to any of the "current" engines out there. Not as bulletproof as a Kohler K -series or Magnum, but as close as you can get...

One issue with the Vanguards: the gaskets are the weak spot, and depending on which one goes can create issues that appear to be carb problems. When a gasket fails (typically a head gasket), the case gets overpressure and makes the pulse pump flood the carb. 

Point being, if you have a carb problem that makes no sense, check both the head haskets as well as the oil pan gasket on the PTO side. I've had two where that was all that was wrong, and it took a long time to figure it out.

• Like 5

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

gaskets 

You feel like I should change mine as a preemptive? 

• Like 1

kpinnc
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You feel like I should change mine as a preemptive? 

No. Most are good, just sometimes a gasket failure shows up with strange symptoms. I wouldn't expect a leaky gasket to make the carb drown out, but it does.

Later Vanguards had improved head gaskets with a ring around the cylinder. 

• Like 2

nyquil junkie

This one has an electric fuel pump... and the repairs seem to have cured all its ills.

So far. But I will keep the gasket thing in mind. Thanks!

The new hydro filter took all the whine away and now it even has more power than before. The filter was dated 6-30-1  I cant read the last number..so at best this thing has had the same filter in it since 2019.

I think its ready to go to the barn and dig some manure sand pack.  I'd give it a bath but considering where its headed... I don't see the point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Painted a air cleaner... and polished my nails ...:lol:

16903272176938037117181846637650.jpg

• Haha 9

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WHX?? Hope the air cleaner has a better color of red. Your nail looks like red oak stain.

• Haha 5

WHX??

Wow ... and I was always wondering who did the farmer fixes on horses come thru my ranch... my neck is sore from shakin my head...:lol:

7681.jpg.037363329dd809cd909b1001de865b9c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??
20 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WHX?? Hope the air cleaner has a better color of red. Your nail looks like red oak stain.

Air cleaner looks much better Waldo...:)

BTW what kind of junk did you sell me @Pullstart...I want my money back...:laughing-rolling:... what's wrong with this pic... round hood mind you!

20230725_184643.jpg

20230525_102407.jpgOK a better view... I shoulda knew this wasn't gonna work so I'll blame it on @Achto Kev...:lol:

20230530_093941.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

854 air cleaner on a 701?  My apologies I’ll have to take the engine back with it!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

kpinnc
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Painted a air cleaner... and polished my nails

Happiness is red in your handkerchief! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5