Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Handy Don
57 minutes ago, Thegearhead0324 said:

tie rods today

What diameter rod did you use?

• Like 1

GAJoe

I got the top spindle nylon jam nuts replaced on the mower deck and tightened just enough to take the thrust movement out without slowing down the blade movement. Also got the deck idler pulley mounted and the new belt on.

I got the transmission out of the house and back where it belongs and filled with heavy oil and about 25% Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer. 

I got the input drive pulley back on so that it won't crash into the case as it was and torqued the set screw.

I got the wheels/tires back on and lug-nuts torqued. It looks like a lawn tractor again.

I have about a weekend of putting the rest of the pieces/parts on to try the rebuilt transmission and mower deck out.

• Excellent 9

Thegearhead0324
6 hours ago, Handy Don said:

What diameter rod did you use?

3/8-24 stainless rod and hardware, all from Amazon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

johnnymag3
15 hours ago, ineedanother said:

my 312-8 lives again thanks to a Magnum 10

Did my magnets get to you yet???

Tractor looks good !!!

ineedanother
11 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

Did my magnets get to you yet???

Tractor looks good !!!

Apparently the USPS found them yesterday and they are here! Perfectly intact! Thanks again John :thumbs: I had already put the motor on and it's charging just a bit over 12v with just 5 in the flywheel but I still intend on getting the last on in there. :thumbs:

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Andy N. said:

Finally got the 418-8 running

Wait! Aren’t there gullible JD fans that would pay big money for that seat!? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Andy N.
6 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Wait! Aren’t there gullible JD fans that would pay big money for that seat!? :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are, but I really wanted to just chuck it in the trash because I hate yellow seats on red tractors!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
14 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

5 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

I'm sure there are, but I really wanted to just chuck it in the trash because I hate yellow seats on red tractors!

The yellow painted over duct tape is an added bonus to dumpster dive that seat!!! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Haha 3

kpinnc
41 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

I love the pic of the seat in it's proper place! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oliver2-44

Had a package from waiting for me when I got home this evening. 

116446958_IMG_89691.JPG.142190f9cf2f4df326710ff863c3179c.JPG

1351163690_IMG_89701.JPG.7e11674021b374ae9c3e6fb92a9b5bf5.JPG

Cup looks great, Thanks @19richie66

I also acquired some of the 953 parts I'm missing @Horse Newbie

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Excellent 6

OutdoorEnvy

Well we had some dead hanging limbs in the woods for a while and decided to pull them down.  Most broke free with just the C-100 but the last one was stubborn.  We hooked up two tractors for it and pulled on it in a few different directions to twist it off essentially and we eventually got it.  Fun day running the rigs.  The front receiver hitch was especially useful.  Pulling on these from above always lifts the tractor a bit.  The front hitch helped the rear tires stay on the ground much better than pulling from the rear.  The big AG tires helped a lot too

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

The front hitch helped the rear tires stay on the ground much better than pulling from the rear.  The big AG tires helped a lot too

Yep, front hitch and weight on the rears pulls em down.102_1784.JPG.6a52d16bb6ee2c621250fafa8e23dc21.JPG102_1785.JPG.1a2f31cf803f361c4799412a9ffed95e.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

SylvanLakeWH

@Ed Kennell nice shot with that branch!!! 

:eusa-clap:

Very close to those gutters... :scared-eek:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
18 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Very close to those gutters... :scared-eek:

And the glass doors.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:102_1781.JPG.cde653a9bc1513d8495e30e9df832673.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Ed Kennell

Took the blade off the 312 Hydro and installed the front tiller.     The 48" blade never got used for snow this winter,  although it did get some dozer work.

I still have the 520H w/ 54" blade just in case we ever get a snow.

Tilled the garden and all edges of the fruit trees and berry  beds.IMG_5572.JPG.3ddcec8bd0c4db9b58410a6543d494e6.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

peter lena

@WHGuy413  makes my think that there is a lot of  rotational drag on that blower , for what it was doing , done a lot  of  snowblower , functional detailing , rusty , areas at any stage will help pull it down ., that goes for , pto drive set up as well . can you move drive belt by hand ? pete

• Like 1

OutdoorEnvy

@Ed Kennell  So this is the first I've ever seen, or heard of, a "front tine tiller" attachment for the WH.  I assume you made this with a snow plow frame?  Or were these actually produced?

Either way...Very cool!  :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Thegearhead0324  have 3/8 heims on my steering joints for years , initially  was a trial / test for durability , never had a problem / failure . if I  were  into heavy trail / rough stuff , 1/2"  would be plenty . tried similar  test on clutch linkage , pto lever rod end . nothing but solid / smooth . pete

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

I assume you made this with a snow plow frame?

Yes, and a walk behind tiller.   

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

kpinnc
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Tilled the garden and all edges of the fruit trees and berry  beds.

I would imagine that the smaller width of that tiller, tied to the M14 is a earth-shattering monster! I've tilled unbroken red clay with my 310-8 and 36-inch tiller and the engine hardly noticed the tiller was back there.

You should be able to break pavement with that thing! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

I would imagine that the smaller width of that tiller, tied to the M14 is a earth-shattering monster! I've tilled unbroken red clay with my 310-8 and 36-inch tiller and the engine hardly noticed the tiller was back there.

You should be able to break pavement with that thing! :thumbs:

He didn't mention that his "garden" is actually ground up concrete.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4