Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ineedanother
28 minutes ago, Dieseltu said:

The fronts which 16x5.50-8, and don't exist.   

Non-existent. 6.00 or 6.50 width are plentiful and virtually no different.

• Like 1

BrianKoch
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I've used AG tires on the front of the C160 that holds the Mackissic chipper which is VERY heavy. 

I've tried them both forward (as you have them) and reversed.  

They DEFINITELY worked better for steering when reversed.  The "dig in" is much much better.  

Nice! I’m going to experiment, but I’ll keep your results in mind!

• Like 1

JohnD

16x6.5-8 are what I have. 

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, BrianKoch said:

Nice! I’m going to experiment, but I’ll keep your results in mind!

I'd be curious to know what you come up with as well. 

In my case it was very obvious, immediately. The extra weight just pushed the tires right down and they dug in something fierce. 

sjoemie himself
9 hours ago, Dieseltu said:

don't exist

Look for 16x5.00-8, 16x6.00-8 or 16x6.50-8 and you'll have more options than you would like.

You won't notice the half inch in width :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edit: what @ineedanother and @JohnD said 

Edited by sjoemie himself

davem1111

(This was yesterday...)  Stripped and painted the 416-8 hood, installed new bezels, ready to apply new decals.  Used Regal Red.  The fender shell, footrests, and mule had already been painted with the same color but look different now. They're dirty so a wash may help, or I may need to go over them again, plus wax the whole thing.  Haven't decided if I want to bother with painting the front axle and other misc. parts.  Rear axle was completely repainted while off.

This is the tractor I plan to put up for sale very soon. Probably selling with the 42" deck unless the buyer really really wants a 48" (I have 2 working 48" decks also).

Will post more pics after the decals are on and it gets a wash-n-wax.

1894035441_Greenshot2022-08-0915_21_28.png.4025e28459d27130e9b0dc112acdf3d8.png

Edited by davem1111
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Handy Don
2 hours ago, davem1111 said:

post more pics

The pic you posted today is not in a format the forum can display. Best is JPEG (if you have an iPhone or iPad, use the Edit function in Photos to export the HEIC as JPEG).

• Like 1

gwest_ca
On 7/31/2022 at 9:20 PM, 76c12091520h said:

Picked up a mechanically solid 74 C160 hydro this weekend. It belonged to the owner of the first Wheel Horse dealership that I bought out a few years ago; I've had my eye on it for 2 or 3 years and the owners widow finally realized it was time to let it go.  It had a " restoration / quickie paint job " done to it about 20 years ago. It is in great shape mechanically, electrical is un-butchered, everything works as it should, just needs taken apart and redone properly . Has the good cast iron pulleys hanging on the mule drive. Sometime down the road.......

20220730_182124[1].jpg

Noticed your serial number is in this service bulletin

• Excellent 1

davem1111
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

The pic you posted today is not in a format the forum can display. Best is JPEG (if you have an iPhone or iPad, use the Edit function in Photos to export the HEIC as JPEG).

Fixed (I think).  Won't try to do that on the phone again...

• Like 1

davem1111

Decals on, still have some cleanup to do.  Many thanks to @Vinylguy for the awesome decals! :greetings-clappingyellow:

IMG_0422.jpg.dfcf24a2d0e0524afd9a459b17782637.jpgIMG_0423.jpg.9c15d8f8eacec624aeeba787979a5da6.jpg

Edited by davem1111
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck

Stopped by the hardware store today and picked up a 100" belt and a 99" belt.  These fell between the too short and the too long belts I had in stock.

Turns out that the 99" belt is about right for my adaptation of a 42" SD deck to my C-195.

Took a couple of tries to get the correct PTO to deck belt routing figured out.  I fired it up and engaged the PTO to see if there were any awful noises or explosions.  Everything worked as it should.  I then proceeded to mow the neighbor's empty lot next to me.  The only major issue I had was running out of gas.  Yes, I forgot to pull the PTO lever to the off position when I went to get the gas can.

This is the first time I've had the opportunity to run the KT19 at full throttle for an extended time.  It has a rather nice exhaust note, though replacing the rusted muffler will be a good idea. 

I am going to have to space the gage wheels on the deck about an inch on each side for them to clear the back wheels to allow the deck to be raised to the full up transport position.  I'll guess this is why the smallest deck on the C-195 was a 48".

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 4

RJjohn51

Hello everyone,  I'm happy to be a new member here!  I just got a very nice 2000 Wheel Horse 314-8 with Kohler Command 14 engine last weekend. I have been checking all the fluids, and getting it serviced. It came with a 48 inch snow plow blade, and a 42 inch mower deck. It seems to have been well taken care of. The only thing so far that I see, it needs a new exhaust gasket which I ordered today. I'm not sure if the hour meter works yet, but it reads 762 hours. I will post pictures soon!

John

• Like 6

ineedanother
13 minutes ago, RJjohn51 said:

I will post pictures soon!

John

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Handy Don

Welcome to the forum, John.

Pullstart

Pullstart
On 8/8/2022 at 6:51 PM, ebinmaine said:

I've used AG tires on the front of the C160 that holds the Mackissic chipper which is VERY heavy. 

I've tried them both forward (as you have them) and reversed.  

They DEFINITELY worked better for steering when reversed.  The "dig in" is much much better.  

@BrianKoch :text-yeahthat:

They sure look good this way, but work much better backwards!

AFDFE2E8-0A01-4226-AA97-EAC012A645EE.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart

Dupe!

Edited by Pullstart
Duplicate #1

Pullstart
On 8/8/2022 at 6:51 PM, ebinmaine said:

Edited by Pullstart
Duplicate #2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

explosions.   

This is the first time I've had the opportunity to run the KT19 at full throttle for an extended time.  It has a rather nice exhaust note, though replacing the rusted muffler will be a good idea.

No external explosions is good I s'pose. 

Those Kohler twins do sound nice ehh?

Is your muffler still structurally solid?

I assume you're figuring on installing two 3" diameter 30" tall chrome stacks...??

😁

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell
9 hours ago, RJjohn51 said:

I'm happy to be a new member here!

We're happy to have you John.

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs:

davem1111
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I assume you're figuring on installing two 3" diameter 30" tall chrome stacks...??

😁

I kinda want to do something like this (well, maybe not 3" or quite 30" tall....) on my GT-1848 with the Honda twin, or a 2-into-1 stack.  Any pointers as to where to get (reasonably priced) components for such a project?

Edited by davem1111

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

I kinda want to do something like this (well, maybe not 3" or quite 30" tall....) on my GT-1848 with the Honda twin, or a 2-into-1 stack.  Any pointers as to where to get (reasonably priced) components for such a project?

There's a few different ways to go on something like that.

The muffler or mufflers could be sourced by our own Jim Kemp, Cub mufflers, or Gravely  mufflers.

How does your exhaust attach to the engine?

Is the point of attachment on the engine made out of aluminum or cast iron?

It's kind of important to support the weight of the stack on a cast iron engine but much much more on an aluminum engine.

• Like 1

lynnmor
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

It's kind of important to support the weight of the stack on a cast iron engine but much much more on an aluminum engine.

That is the number one reason that I would never use a stack, the number two reason is banging the stack into tree limbs or other obstacles.

• Like 3

davem1111
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

There's a few different ways to go on something like that.

The muffler or mufflers could be sourced by our own Jim Kemp, Cub mufflers, or Gravely  mufflers.

The Honda GX610 has a single muffler with 2 headers going into it. I have a donor muffler from something else that the headers are good on.  At some point I will remove the existing muffler, cut the headers off the donor, and make sure they fit (they look like they will... but if they don't, I'll have to go to "Plan B").

I'm assuming that the heads and cylinder cans on this engine are aluminum. So yeah, support would be a concern.  I would probably look at attachment points and fab up a "V" brace from the stack to the engine. Which might look funky, or maybe not.

I also have the issue that this engine is actually mounted on pressure-treated 2x4's to lift the engine. Would like to know who thought THAT was a good idea... I'll be replacing those with some tube steel, I think. Probably do the stack(s) at the same time.  Then I can restore the hood to its original glory.

image.png

• Like 1