Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

JPWH
On 7/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

People Eating Tasty Animals…

Great group… :occasion-clown:

I always say: There’s room for all God’s creatures… right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy… :popcorn:

• Haha 4

8ntruck

I spent some time on my 42" SD deck trying to mount it to Clyde the C-195.  Learned some in the process, too.

I tried swapping the lift bar from the 48" deck that came with Clyde.  From this, I learned that the connection to the gage wheel rod is in different places on the 42" and 48" decks.  I did more measuring and discovered that if I placed the lift pin on the C-195 in the round hole behind the lift pin slot in the 42" lift bar, the deck will latch up in the C-195 mid hitch.  However, the deck binds up when the hydraulic lift tries to lift it - that hole needs to be a slot.

The answer seems to be to make a slot in the 42" lift bar to match the slot in the 48" lift bar. Got to figure out to do this without access to a mill.  Drill and cut off wheel, I guess.

Think I'll make a separate thread on this subject.

Greased up the spindles and sharpened the blades while I was working on the deck, too.

• Like 7

davem1111

Pulled apart the deck from the 416-H I bought this week. Not bad... putting some newer blades and blade nuts on it, lubing it all up. I think it's otherwise good to go.  Got about a half acre mowed with the GT-1848.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

TJ5208
14 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Btw, what you means as the „Trigger“? 

Is it the Ignition system „Blackbox“ or the Pickupcoils themself what you mean?

if you mean the Pickups themself, it can maybe built from cheap chinese scooter ignitions they work on dc ignitions.

They be mostly available with all needed Parts like pickup, Trigger electronic, Coils and ignitioncables together here for 20-30$ completely.

That is a way i would try if originalparts are too expensive or too hard to get.

Measure the Pickupcoils in Ohms and compare the values that they be ok and in nearly same range.

Get a cheapo dc ignition for a chinese twin cylindre - like honda twin replica and use them instead.

It is worth a try.

I know it‘s not 100% original, but it can maybe keep the Engine running until you will find an original Trigger

for a reasonable price or you have the money to buy it.

Sent you a PM with a suggestion..

I didn't get your PM.

TJ5208
13 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

@TonyToro - sorry for confusion.. 🤪

@TJ Salyers

Maybe that helps or maybe ya kew it allready an tested it that Way

https://woodmizer.com/us/portals/0/docs/612942f6-a481-43b2-9675-f85f0c63b17d.pdf

I tested it and that's what's faulty. 

• Like 1

Snoopy11
23 hours ago, Pullstart said:

gots the poison Ivy all over my arms, legs and feet!

Are those the only places... ain't been running through the woods in your birthday suit, hugging trees... have you? :confusion-confused: :angry-tappingfoot:

Kevin... like Mike said... eh... that is what CLOTHING is for... :lol:

@SylvanLakeWH gots you some frightening visuals here... :law-policeblue:

Don

• Like 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Are those the only places... ain't been running through the woods in your birthday suit, hugging trees... have you? :confusion-confused: :angry-tappingfoot:

Kevin... like Mike said... eh... that is what CLOTHING is for... :lol:

Don

Meh.  Merely a suggestion :orcs-cheers:

*edit there’s more wet stuff hanging on me than dry!

2399A677-E721-470A-845C-CFB262E650DF.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
  • Haha 4

Snoopy11
10 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

there’s more wet stuff hanging on me than dry

Now that looks familiar...

5 minutes outside, and I look like that...

Don

• Like 1

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Now that looks familiar...

5 minutes outside, and I look like that...

Don

And I’ve been at this for days!  I’ve been rinsing off in the pool a few times a day just to give my shower a break!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
45 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

been running through the woods in your birthday suit, hugging trees

45 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

43 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

22 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

And I’ve been at this for days!  I’ve been rinsing off in the pool a few times a day just to give my shower a break!

S T O P !!!!!!!!!!

:scared-eek:

Its just too much…:hand:

I… I… I thought I saw a green tractor just now in my garage…!!!!!!!

My eyes…!!! :scared-eek:

• Haha 3

Bill D
On 8/5/2022 at 4:57 AM, TJ Salyers said:

All i can do is just stand here and stare. I wish i could find a cheaper ignition trigger.

20220804_224323.jpg

Does Pertronix offer anything that might work?

ohiofarmer

Just been working on everything. My nephew has been looking to me to find him a tractor, and i found one by one of our members in xxxxxx city indiana. . Tractor he had was pretty nice, but there was the possibility the engine was a little tired. still worth asking price, but he also had a very well taken care of 314 with the Kohler Magnum..Not mentioning his name because it was a marketplace find.

i figured that it would be easier to pay more instead of blueprinting the maintenance on the older tractor.  He and i are square hood guys, but after some needed maintenance on the deck I tried it out and just WOW. My wife said that this one stays because she likes it and so do i.

Now I have two dead dependable tractors,the c-160 and the 314.Otherwise a c-145 blackhood with slight wiring issues, and a 1075 {i think} with a painted over name plate in which a .Newer engine with a starter generator is mounted in and needs correctly wired. So i am running from tractor to tractor seeing which one to let go because of the 314 purchase.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ohiofarmer
3 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I can't stand the heat, and it takes a good fan, but they are too noisy. i have a couple of furnace fan squirrel cage fans to survive shop heat.. quiet and there are multiple wires to pick the fan speed. Gave twenty bucks well spent for used ones from a furnace guy

• Like 4

Stormin
On 8/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, wallfish said:

Pardon me for asking, but how do you operate the back actor/hoe? Sit backwards on the seat?

68149720713__AF5E0595-6A1A-4841-A453-4826B6A5556C.jpg.7373f3fce3c2a6df04cdf7adc2e99cee.jpg

• Like 1

squonk
On 8/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, ohiofarmer said:

I can't stand the heat, and it takes a good fan, but they are too noisy. i have a couple of furnace fan squirrel cage fans to survive shop heat.. quiet and there are multiple wires to pick the fan speed. Gave twenty bucks well spent for used ones from a furnace guy

I had one of those furnace blowers and of course I hot rodded it. Swapped pulleys around and standing in front of it was like riding a motorcycle at 70 MPH! I was given one of those  big garage fans for Father's day one year. I sold my furnace blower to a co-worker and of course he modded it further. He built a frame and wheels so when it started it blew across the shop until it became unplugged. One day the warranty clerk got to close to it and her dress got sucked into the squirrel cage! :shock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Stormin

Going to take the C-121 aka Black Horse, to a ploughing match in a fortnight. Just to exhibit. Not plough. The ground is like concrete. It has not been run for some months, so I pulled it out of it's resting place yesterday to give it a once over. Wouldn't turn fast enough to start as the battery was low. So it was left on charge over night.

This morning put some fuel in. Squirted fuel in the carb while operating the starter and it soon burst into life. I then decided to give it a treat. Cleaned the dust off and then gave it a polish. :blink: I don't even do that to the cars.

I also ordered two new air filters. The C-125 is wearing the Black Horses filter for mowing duties, as it's own has seen a lot of use over the years and was starting to cause starting problems. Two will give me a spare.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
On 8/6/2022 at 2:08 PM, wallfish said:

. not pretty but  sure has big attachments. LoL

:ROTF:

Sounds like the kind of thing several people have said about me over the years and I don't remember any of them ever being for great reason.

😂😂😂

Nothing wrong with that beautiful machine being in its work clothes John. That's quite a piece.

8ntruck

Success!   I worked on the lift bar for the 42" SD deck this afternoon and got it mounted on Clyde.  I took pictures along the way so I can start a separate thread on the subject a little later.  

There is a rear tire/gage wheel clearance issue to work through and I need to figure out what size belt will be needed to drive the deck.  The belt from the 48" deck is too short, and the belt from the 42" deck is too long.  I'll also need to check the PTO clutch adjustment before I go mowing.

• Like 2

wallfish
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Pardon me for asking, but how do you operate the back actor/hoe? Sit backwards on the seat?

The seat flips up on to the steering wheel and then sit on the back of it. I made the controls adjustable so they can be pulled back towards the operator to a comfortable position.

It's not that bad as far as comfort goes. It doesn't take very long to dig and move on so you're not on there very long anyway.

There were some videos from the Big Show parade of it being demonstrated, I'll post a link if I can find one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@8ntruck  on that lift slot , get a couple of deburring  tips for your drill , could get a taper and a flat side round head unit.  drill initial hole,  taper unit to start oblong slot , finish with  flat side round head unit , they really move metal , wear safety classes / goggles . https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=deburing+tips  , go get it , pete

• Excellent 1

BrianKoch

Installed the Deestone D407 16X6.50-8 63A3 4 Ply AS A/S All Season Tires!

10B29919-CCCB-4ABB-BD23-B10863FF160C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, BrianKoch said:

Installed the Deestone D407 16X6.50-8 63A3 4 Ply AS A/S All Season Tires!

10B29919-CCCB-4ABB-BD23-B10863FF160C.jpeg

I've used AG tires on the front of the C160 that holds the Mackissic chipper which is VERY heavy. 

I've tried them both forward (as you have them) and reversed.  

They DEFINITELY worked better for steering when reversed.  The "dig in" is much much better.  

• Like 4

Dieseltu

I got a parts  manual on here and ordered  two tie rod assemblies . And I'm researching  tires  , The fronts which 16x5.50-8, and don't exist.   

• Like 1

Monstrosity

So I finally got to the throwher tonight.. It did not want to come apart I asked politely but I was done asking and brought out the smoke wrench. Needs bearings obviously and needs some patch work. Thinking about dropping the hopper at the local metal shop and having them cut out and back half it with the next gauge thicker steel add some weight to it!! 💪💪20220808_200011.jpg.589aa6f503dca0f0f6e87762156a6972.jpg20220808_200000.jpg.66174e2b92fa55a457103d3f3c77f5f4.jpg20220808_195923.jpg.5b8546c2ad1b1c81d5212c5415a67242.jpg20220808_195916.jpg.d2d866cc646049a419b4147fa5e8e8b6.jpg

Edited by Monstrosity
  • Like 2