Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Gregor
3 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I'm not trying to say harbor freight engines are the best. I will go as far to say that for the money they are worth thinking about. I got one brand new on sale for 99 bucks shipped to my house. When I did the Lambert project 99 bucks into its original engine would not have gotten it running again. I was happy to make the swap and put the time and money in other areas. Like rims... tires... seat.... etc.

20210314_230634.jpg

I think that is my all time favorite Red Square tractor.:handgestures-thumbupright: I love the colors, and the color scheme. If it's not going to be red. THIS is what it should be !

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ineedanother

A couple weeks ago my neighbor had 15 yards of topsoil dumped in his driveway and was moving it to his backyard by wheelbarrow. He's a great guy but I just didn't have the time to help so I offered my c-120 and cart. He moved it all and was appreciative beyond words but the cart came back with a bit more camber than it left with...

IMG_0170[1].jpg

• Sad 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, ineedanother said:

got it back in service

I have a very similar trailer and have done the same modification.  

Excellent upgrade.   

• Like 3

Evguy

I got my new clutch plate for the 718-z from K and B Horse parts. Part was much better than others I had found.

I think previous owners got all the life out of the clutch, metal to metal and starting to grind clutch mounting bolts. Much better engagement of blades now. 
Did some cleaning, greasing and oiling. 
While it was apart, I finished adding alternator as well.

B6C913C0-D002-4747-99BF-7F78E25D3EBD.jpeg

E67F41D6-CAD8-4F4F-A648-816B751D53A1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
9 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Does that answer your question 

Yes it does !  Thank you my kind sir !

• Thanks 1

The Freightliner Guy

Your most certainly welcome 

,Kollin

• Like 1

Andy N.

More Por-15 undercoating. This time on the 42" RD and some spare spindle housings. 

IMG_1643.JPG.aa455a2b5cde91b486ba7feef304c657.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG.1a2fd343f4302b0dece0925ef8d22e6b.JPG

Also got a new exhaust kit for the Suburban with 79cc Predator so I decided to take it around the block!

IMG_1637.JPG.830104c0b687c0652935e578101eaed7.JPG

Edited by Andy N.
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

@ D- MAC ,  think more than anything , it has the look , lots of combinations , old and new , refresh overall , looks very good to me . you could easily make a change anywhere on it and it would work,  you obliterated the  horse line long ago , personally , if I  were going to build anything , it would be honda or kawasaki , twin power, and go from there . you did well , pete

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@Andy N.  , your deck work , looks clean , question , what did you use as a grease lubricant , on your spindle builds ? bene there myself , learned from repeditave , failures . how about your mule drive rebuild? , PTO cone needle bearing ?  only asking , pete

Andy N.
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Andy N.  , your deck work , looks clean , question , what did you use as a grease lubricant , on your spindle builds ? bene there myself , learned from repeditave , failures . how about your mule drive rebuild? , PTO cone needle bearing ?  only asking , pete

I just use the high temp red grease from Menards on all lube points including the spindle bearings. I like to use the red so that I can see clean grease coming out when lubing. 

• Like 1

The Freightliner Guy

What kind of rj do you have @Andy N.

Edited by The Freightliner Guy

ineedanother

Moving some azaleas from the back yard where the deck is being enlarged to the front yard where we need as many root systems as we can to slow the erosion.

IMG_0174.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac

I know the tractor wasn't' a Wheel Horse. I purchased it not even knowing what it was. I was very proud of how that one came out. That Lambert pushed me and challenged me every step of the way. I was in over my head on that one but again, proud of how it came out. I don't know if any of you remember but after it was finished someone came over to purchase a Cub Cadet I had done. During his test drive of the Cub he managed to smash into the homemade tractor I had and t-boned into the Lambert and almost push it through my neighbors fence. So I got to fix it up AGAIN. He left without purchasing the Cub. So now I don't offer test drives. Lesson learned. Glad no one was hurt and the Lambert was repaired. I sold the Lambert and the homemade to guy who truely loved them. They were hard to part with but went to good home.

20210314_231617.jpg

20210314_231518.jpg

20210314_230611.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Andy N.
4 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

What kind of rj do you have @Andy N.

1960 Suburban. Probably use to be a 550 since it has the key switch. It didn't have the original engine when I bought it.

The Freightliner Guy

Oh ok looks like one though 

The Freightliner Guy

Did wheel horses originally come with those metal pads on the pegs because mine doesn’t have them 

94189C68-380E-4E47-9FD4-C91173EB72C7.jpeg

josephbruce11212@gmail.co
1 hour ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Did wheel horses originally come with those metal pads on the pegs because mine doesn’t have them 

94189C68-380E-4E47-9FD4-C91173EB72C7.jpeg

From the little bit of research I have done so far....some models did not come with them.

The Freightliner Guy

Oh ok thanks 

Monstrosity

Would anyone know what series tractor this is? Trying to find info going to look at this possibly Thursday. It has a pull off hood I thought GT14 but it has a manual not a Hydro it seams.

Screenshot_20220731-211618_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: it looks like a 953 or a 1054.  Should be a 3 speed manual with a 9 or 10 horse engine.

• Like 2

kpinnc
2 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

Picked up a mechanically solid 74 C160 hydro this weekend.

Very nice! All these C160s lately are killing me! I want one! :P

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Very nice! All these C160s lately are killing me! I want one! :P

Have I ever mentioned that I ONLY have..... 5...?

:ROTF:

• Haha 1