Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
Just now, kpinnc said:

3.750 std, 3.780 with .030 over.

But there may be some tricks above that. I don't know.

There sure is. Wheel Horse spec 16 HP engines had good strong blocks and you can actually use a V8 piston. Maybe a 327 chevy...?.

Difference in price is not much at all. I wouldn't spend a lot extra cuz it isn't like I'm in competition but who couldn't use a little extra grunt when they're moving heavy stuff or plowing thick snow...

• Like 3

kpinnc
20 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Difference in price is not much at all. I wouldn't spend a lot extra cuz it isn't like I'm in competition but who couldn't use a little extra grunt when they're moving heavy stuff or plowing thick snow...

I for one, look forward to that build! :thumbs:

• Like 2

Ifixoldjunk

894C88A8-907F-4DAC-B7F2-37197665EE26.jpeg.5c858c4eb2da618c12ca7926acb29498.jpegFA3B4CBD-872A-40F6-9B5E-C3EBA1CF8322.jpeg.6ed02ebbdcbcaf251d7aeac518185f40.jpeg9CACFAE2-3BC8-47AA-A4DE-6D043C4F05DB.jpeg.6ccf298febd3bc3b2e4725de65e48104.jpeg

Haven’t done anything yet, but I’ve been looking like crazy for some 14ga steel to repair the nuisance rust on my 42 side. The front curvature part of the deck is a little thin. 
Other than that it’s pretty nice around the spindles. Wheel horse decks by me are eaten by the soil pretty quickly.

• Like 2

squonk

Top of piston eroded away from the combustion flame. Hottest spot in the combustion chamber. You can see the flame path towards the exhaust valve. Seen this a lot.

IMG_20220306_160452~2.jpg

• Like 4

Maxwell-8
4 hours ago, squonk said:

Top of piston eroded away from the combustion flame. Hottest spot in the combustion chamber. You can see the flame path towards the exhaust valve. Seen this a lot.

Would this be a cause of running lean? 

• Like 1

squonk
6 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Somewhat yes. Lean mixture runs hotter.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
34 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

27 minutes ago, squonk said:

Somewhat yes. Lean mixture runs hotter.

Interesting you'd say that because I've corrected a lean condition that was there when I got the tractor. 

• Like 2

Wheelhorse#1
On 3/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, kpinnc said:

Not a bad word. That's what came in it from the factory.

Understood.I just know most folks here prefer the Kohler's including myself.

I’d like to keep it original with the Briggs, it’s got a .30 over piston in it by the PO not sure what my options would be at this point .

• Like 1

Pullstart

Went for a tractor ride with two little ones today.  Ended up the field was a little bottomless in a spot.  Rylee drove my truck out to rescue us and we almost buried that.  I got the tractor washed up as quick as we got it out, so the mud didn’t dry.

1A6A706D-07B1-4EB6-B071-23B47E160D11.jpeg

CEC973B3-143A-4431-8D45-4BD3843AAA16.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

SylvanLakeWH

:confusion-confused:

image.png.a960f04eca75155ed73b3d1cff4fd494.png

Like that lift @Lee1977...:handgestures-thumbupright: Pics / Details? Is it mounted off a 2" hitch?

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

JCM

WHEELHORSE ABUSE, WHEELHORSE ABUSE. @Pullstart

• Haha 5

Lee1977
46 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:confusion-confused:

image.png.a960f04eca75155ed73b3d1cff4fd494.png

Like that lift @Lee1977...:handgestures-thumbupright: Pics / Details? Is it mounted off a 2" hitch?

Yes, It's a Harbor Freight pickup lift. Welded a steel plate to a 2" tube and bolted it to that.

SAM-1477.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Ended up the field was a little bottomless in a spot.

Glad Rylee came to your rescue without getting stuck.            :woohoo:

Sort of reminds me of one afternoon at a farm I managed I Florida. I saw one of our workers leave the packinghouse on a small tractor towing a couple of picking wagons, nothing unusual there. A short time later I saw him driving the small stand-up forklift in the same direction, not too unusual. A few minutes later he drove out with a bit bigger fork lift    :confusion-scratchheadyellow:     now I'm curious.  A little later he came to get the BIG forklift, OK, now I've got to find out what's up. He had the small tractor stuck in the mud, attempted to retrieve it with the small forklift (pavement only) and berried it in the mud just off the pavement. He figured he would lift it out with the bigger fork lift but it rolled forward off the pavement and was stuck too.

I asked him where his chain was, said he didn't think he needed one he was planning to drive the BIG forklift (8,000 pounds) over and lift the other forklifts and the tractor out. This became an opportunity for a teachable moment. I had him tilt the forks forward, attached a chain between the top of the BIG forklift and the rear of the other one then tilt it back, forklift came right out. Repeated it on the next one and pulled it out too.

• Like 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, JCM said:

WHEELHORSE ABUSE, WHEELHORSE ABUSE. @Pullstart

I'd second that Plunge but prolly be falling on deaf ears. His only saving grace is we know he can fix them we know he wrecks them!  Only problem is how is he going to fix them...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

pfrederi
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Went for a tractor ride with two little ones today.  Ended up the field was a little bottomless in a spot.  Rylee drove my truck out to rescue us and we almost buried that.  I got the tractor washed up as quick as we got it out, so the mud didn’t dry.

My bible... It and my M-37 with 8000lb  winch have recovered a few weekend warriors... (and people who think 4 d is the answer..  4wd just lets you get a hundred feet deeper into trouble:P

IMG_1415.JPG

recover.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

oliver2-44
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

1A6A706D-07B1-4EB6-B071-23B47E160D11.jpeg

CEC973B3-143A-4431-8D45-4BD3843AAA16.jpeg

So who washed the little ones before Moma got home 👮🏻

• Haha 6

Pullstart
6 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

So who washed the little ones before Moma got home 👮🏻

They are my nieces… so I can just say “sorry they’re kind of dirty” and ship ‘em off!  :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

@Desko that gloss looks great!  It’ll be easy to clean at least!

• Like 2

Pullstart

Made some coffee and it’s time to get some work done before the girls show up again…. Their normal babysitter is on vacation.

@WHX?? I know you love my GT Daze cup, so I figured I’ stick that in the picture :handgestures-thumbupright:

ED53DF3F-D9AA-4F34-BA65-A3AD34555A2E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Proof that I busted out the hosen’ washed it!  Poor quality picture like Sasquatch, but it’s dark in the barn.

62ACE687-4EBF-4DF6-B4FF-436A857C7799.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1