Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Achto

Those larger filters do not always fill full. If the engine runs good at all RPMs, then I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 3

johnnymag3

Tear out the screen, and install a good quality filter....Those screens are known to block fuel flow partially..

John   :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

peter lena

@Maxwell-8  , are you going to put a couple of flange bearings on that shaft ? get some lucas grease on that steering fan gear area ,especially the bottom stub end fit  as well as related linkage , and front axel  center  mount and  wheels off the floor greasing for top grease release, in addition to wheel bearing pack . make that battery related ground bolt point , your add on cable to engine corner , serrated washer , and electrical bolt lug , to be your ignition and headlight grounding  source . very simple , but very reliable . just telling you what I do , (   you don,t have to  ) to make things  work . pete

Edited by peter lena
duplication of reply
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Maxwell-8
42 minutes ago, peter lena said:

wheel bearing

Will be ordering some from Skipper soon!

42 minutes ago, peter lena said:

lucas grease

We don't have that on this side of the pond. :(

43 minutes ago, peter lena said:

just telling you what I do , (   you don,t have to  )

But I will! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Snoopy11
9 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

We don't have that on this side of the pond

Wonder how much it would cost to send it to Belgium... from here in the states... :confusion-confused:

Probably OUTRAGEOUS cost... :rolleyes:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Like 2

Maxwell-8
4 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Wonder how much it would cost to send it to Belgium... from here in the states... :confusion-confused:

Probably OUTRAGEOUS cost... :rolleyes:

Don

shipping, guessing 40$ for a box, then customs which are often half of  the value of the product.

• Sad 2

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

shipping, guessing 40$ for a box, then customs which are often half of  the value of the product.

Oh, my... well... in that case... THAT isn't an option.... :(

Costs roughly 5 dollars for a tube here in the states...

Don

• Like 2

Poppa Phill
5 hours ago, TJ Salyers said:

@Achto Since I got it running right it just doesn't seem like it's getting any fuel to the fuel filter because it's almost completely dry when it's running would you just keep the screen or would you just rip it out.

TANK SCREENS SUCK. when I find em clogged on customer atvs mowers etc, I can em and install a good quality inline unit. serviceable and peace of mind. if you really ant to keep the fuel clean going in, use a neck strainer. they come in all sizes and wont interfere with the fuel cap. I make most of mine, buy em when i dont have time. Ive found that the same ones that come on the cheap power generators  work very well. make sure your pump is up to snuff as well. my 310-8 is going for a trailer ride to the shop as soon as I can get a couple client atvs out. tank clog showed up after that last bout of snow . had to call in a plow.. Tank filter bye bye and some new lines.. gonna do some more practicing on what Im preachin.....

• Like 3

TJ5208
8 hours ago, Achto said:

Those larger filters do not always fill full. If the engine runs good at all RPMs, then I wouldn't worry about it.

The filter I have on it now is completely empty when I run it but it runs perfect.

• Confused 2

Achto
13 minutes ago, TJ Salyers said:

The filter I have on it now is completely empty when I run it but it runs perfect.

It probably just looks empty. If gas was not passing through it, it would not run at all. 

• Like 2

TJ5208
12 minutes ago, Achto said:

It probably just looks empty. If gas was not passing through it, it would not run at all. 

Here it is not the best pics.

IMG_20220221_170748.jpg

IMG_20220221_170738.jpg

IMG_20220221_170736.jpg

IMG_20220221_170721.jpg

TJ5208

I think I need a smaller fuel filter.

• Like 1

Achto
2 minutes ago, TJ Salyers said:

If the tractor is running, why worry about it?

• Like 4

TJ5208
Just now, Achto said:

Well I don't know why I worry about it but it doesn't have anything in it I'm kind of concerned about it. As my dad says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Like 2

TJ5208
1 minute ago, Achto said:

I guess it just kind of aggravates me the tractors pretty much running on fumes.

• Like 1

Achto
1 minute ago, TJ Salyers said:

As my dad says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

:text-yeahthat:

Trust me when I say that your tractor is not running on fumes.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 1

lynnmor

That fuel filter has gas in it but they usually trap some air because of the horizontal mounting,  I like a clear filter so I can see if there is gas and how much dirt is trapped.

• Like 5

TJ5208
2 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

That fuel filter has gas in it but they usually trap some air because of the horizontal mounting,  I like a clear filter so I can see if there is gas and how much dirt is trapped.

Okay I understand that but when I hit it against the side of the engine it just sounds really hollow and when it's out in the sunlight you can't see nothing I thought you would be able to.

Edited by TJ Salyers
  • Like 1

lynnmor
1 minute ago, TJ Salyers said:

Okay I understand that but when I hit it against the side of the engine it just sounds really hollow and when it's out in the sunlight you can't see nothing I thought you would be able to.

Me thinks that you worry too much.  :eusa-think:

• Like 6

TJ5208
Just now, lynnmor said:

Me thinks that you worry too much.  :eusa-think:

Me do to but I guess I don't understand what could happen if it runs low on gas all the time but it still runs.

• Like 1

wallfish
19 hours ago, TJ Salyers said:

If you need to see fuel in the fuel filter to verify the engine is actually running on fuel then please move it to place where it will be located in a vertical position. Then you can see it full of fuel instead of seeing some air trapped inside of it. It's better located before the fuel pump anyway (like stated in your other thread) to keep the vasilene and crap out of the pump too. This fuel filter thing has already been covered in your other thread 

• Like 1

D_Mac

So did I mention I fired up my 1075 that's been sitting for a few months?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Chestnut
2 hours ago, TJ Salyers said:

I guess it just kind of aggravates me the tractors pretty much running on fumes.

I have it on good authority an Onan will not run on fumes. If it's running fine it's getting copious quantities of gas. Accept the fact that you've fixed it and it's running fine. Take the win and celebrate.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1