Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Gregor

I prefer bare metal also, but, sometimes after a couple days in Berrymans, and a couple cycles through the sonic cleaner, they come out a little funky looking.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I prefer bare metal also, but, sometimes after a couple days in Berrymans, and a couple cycles through the sonic cleaner, they come out a little funky looking.

That's where the wire brush comes in...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Without confirming, aren't there directions on the can recommending maximum time your parts should be left in there?

• Like 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Without confirming, aren't there directions on the can recommending maximum time your parts should be left in there?

There are. 

I don't put anything non metal in mine. 

I've left a carb as long as a week. 

Doesn't seem to cause an issue.  

• Like 2

Gregor
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Doesn't seem to cause an issue.  

Maybe it's the Simple Green in the sonic cleaner :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

The longer them parts are in there, the blacker they come out.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Maybe it's the Simple Green in the sonic cleaner :confusion-shrug:

I've been using a Gunk brand gallon kit. 

Just bought a Berryman's. Haven't tried it yet. 

4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

The longer them parts are in there, the blacker they come out.

I've had a fair tone of medium gray. Never any darker.   

Comes right off in just a few minutes of careful machine wire brushing combined with some hand work with steel or brass brushes.  

• Like 2

Ifixoldjunk

B8031A3D-71EF-45EA-AC73-F204F8220758.jpeg.e04232cef0de177362bbfc7a98199d8c.jpeg

I ended up cleaning up the rust inside my single stage yesterday. Figured I’d paint the fins and inside of the chute because of the warm weather as well. Not a perfect match and a little too shiny for my liking, but after a few snowstorms in my gravel driveway it should fade a little to match the rest of the machine.

Mostly just trying to keep the rust in check for now. When I inevitably restore my 310 the snowblower will get fresh paint and decals as well.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Ifixoldjunk
24 minutes ago, Reddart said:

No snow yet, but finally got around to mounting and installing my triribs on my C101. 

also picked up a nice 42”SD last week from  squonk.

FF5A3372-96DE-467A-A8E4-545A15605946.jpeg

D8604D8E-DA11-40F1-B7FC-8A0EAA28EC31.jpeg

That’s some clean wheel horse stuff😳

• Like 3

Gregor
On 1/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, johnnymag3 said:

Fixed my low AC voltage issue on the M18.....the magnets were broken and missing...and completely unglued...Runs at correct AC current now to the regulator !!!!   I have never had this issue before with any of my 50 or so Wheel Horses...But apparently Its a common Kohler thing...Oh well ,,,,easy fix !!

Something I have always been curious about. You say some of your magnets were broken. Did you replace, or reuse them? Can you take a broken magnet, mate it perfectly back together, and glue it in place? Will it work as it should, or will the polarity be changed?

• Like 2

Reddart
3 hours ago, Ifixoldjunk said:

That’s some clean wheel horse stuff😳

Yeah, I need to refinish the plow so it matches the tractor. This year, after snow season (I tell myself each year). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Reddart said:

Yeah, I need to refinish the plow so it matches the tractor. This year, after snow season (I tell myself each year). 

Nothing wrong with painting during plow season either. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

D_Mac
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Worked on the 701 project. PC- 7 on the steering wheel and starting to sand the excess off. I will be coating it with bed liner once all the cracks and imperfections are filled in and sanded. Colud have took the easy way out and got a replacement wheel like Dan put on his 701 but what fun is that? 

Thinking may be paint the spokes rim color?? 

The great thing about painting is that if you don't like it, paint it again !! I have painted and repainted seats, rims, and decks, but never a steering wheel. 

• Like 4

peter lena

@kpinnc love the detailing look  ! those heavy heims joints are the deal , they just make sense , bombproof and silky smooth . don't get me started , pete

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

peter lena

@Ifixoldjunk  nice gain on that only need the side cutters , noticing your auger edges, only if you want to,  2 ,  12"  adjustable wrenches sitting on top of each other , moving in oposet  directions , with tiny bites on the bend of the auger will easily correct those twists.  chain and cable spray on that auger drive chain , never let it dry out , keep fixing old junk , pete 

• Like 3

cleat
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Worked on the 701 project. PC- 7 on the steering wheel and starting to sand the excess off. I will be coating it with bed liner once all the cracks and imperfections are filled in and sanded. Colud have took the easy way out and got a replacement wheel like Dan put on his 701 but what fun is that? 

Thinking may be paint the spokes rim color?? 

20220102_162100[1].jpg

20220102_162034.jpg

I wonder if you took it to Linex etc and they were doing a truck if they could just give that wheel a quick coat.

Good idea, I never would have thought of that.

Personally, I would do the spokes either red or black.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

@Racinbob idea on the bed liner. We use the stuff in a rattle can. It does work good and gives the wheel a good grip but it's not like the shiny original look for you purists. 

Like Mac said I might try a spoke of each color and see what I like best. 

BTW @oliver2-44 gave me the idea of the PC-7 and it  sands just as easy as bondo.  Some of the cracks were better than a 1/16 and filled in nicely.

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

johnnymag3
8 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Finally received some snow ,seems like lots of other folks did too as well.Yesterday it was 62 ,today it’s Heavy wet snow.

Got to try out my (new to me B-80) A great deal on this one.Changed the Diff oil,tune up and carb cleaned.Adjusted the clutch, break and plow.

Couldn't believe the great job it did.I’ve heard people talk about the 181s,it pushed the snow no problem,didn’t even bog down on the heavy stuff.

8D070033-4BDF-415B-9816-FA37FFEC1BBF.jpeg

I can see where the muffler is !!!!    :)   nice little tractors they are...Always liked our B-80

• Like 4