Aldon

Older style 48 inch deck assistance

Aldon

Gents,

i thought my New Old stock deck shell was duplicate of the one I pulled apart. 

Now that hat I am starting to re-assemble I'm in a bit of a bind as there are differences. 

Can anyone provide me of a top view pic with the pulleys viewable and belt cover off?

the idler set up is a bit different as the style I have slides and the newer style pivots. I'll have to drill holes in the deck for my hardware to work and I want image to use as a reference so I don't drill holes unnesessarily.

here is the top of mine. You may notice I have upgraded to newer style spindles. The slider parts are just places and not installed currently.image.jpegimage.jpeg

953 nut

Not sure what pictures you want, but here are a few I took. Hope this helps.

older 48 deck 005.JPGolder 48 deck 004.JPGolder 48 deck 002.JPGolder 48 deck 001.JPG

• Like 1

Aldon
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Not sure what pictures you want, but here are a few I took. Hope this helps.

Thanks Rich. It does help.

I should be able to get the deck wrapped up in next couple weeks.

l think I will need the Hanger rear brackets for the newer Attachamatic rig. The ones I have are off a 42 inch deck and are not angled properly. Otherwise with these pics I should be able to get it to 95percent

• Like 1

ztnoo

Aldon,

I had the deck off my GT 14 this morning to clean the shell out (scrape, scrape), hose the sucker out, grease the spindles well, and replace the blades.

Even though with the mini drought we had here for a couple of months this summer minimized mowing, it was time to change blades as the old ones were dull, and the grass is growing here now like it typically does in May and June, after some abundant rain at the end of August and the beginning of September.

The routine is couple of times every week right now.

It was a pretty exhausting job given the weather conditions here today: 90°F, 97°F heat index.  Uuggghh! Came in dripping wet and soaked clear through.

Just your kind of weather, Mr. T!  jawdrop.gif

Anyway, I remembered this thread, so I snapped some pics por vous. I have larger resolutions of everything, if you need or want more detail, which I could send you privately.

You may already have everything figured out, just thought I'd added a little to the knowledge base for visual reference.

btw, can anyone tell me what the two square holes are on the rear of the deck, slightly left of center, next to the roller wheel assembly/carriage? (see No. 4, 5, & 6 pics)

IMG_0792 a.jpg

IMG_0796 a.jpg

IMG_0793 a.jpg

IMG_0795 a.jpg

IMG_0789 a.jpgIMG_0794 a.jpg

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1

Aldon

Thanks Steve.

I picked up a spare 48 inch deck that ill rendezvous with in October at Stevebo's meet and greet. So I have put this project on back burner as I believe it will have the pivot idler arm as opposed to the slider you have pictured and also @953 nut.

For any reading this thread...anyone have experience with both styles? Are they equally robust or are either desirable over the other? 

Asking now now that it appears I will have luxury or choice.

ztnoo
11 minutes ago, Aldon said:

the pivot idler arm

Mr. T, this kid doesn't have a clue to your reference.............ya gotta remember I've only have 1 tractor and 1 mower deck for 35 years........

Any pics of this variation?

Still wondering about the square holes in the back of my deck...........umm.gif