clueless

702 Wheel bearings

clueless

Will 701 front wheel bearing and bushing fit a 702? 

stevasaurus

If it is the same part number in the IPL's it will.  Pull up the manuals for both.  :)

Guess what...just checked the IPL's for the 701 & 702...while they do not show the part numbers for the front wheel bearings and bushing...they do show the front tire assembly (which includes the tire, rim and guts) as the same part number  (#1709).  So the answer to your question is "Yes".  :)

• Like 1

clueless

Steve,that's what I was thinking, but always like to check with the experts, but you'll do. Thanks, my brother. Chris.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Chris...thanks for not putting me in the expert category.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Really...thanks !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dapetik
On 5/3/2016 at 4:12 PM, RedRanger said:

Can you elaborate on this? I need to rebuild my front wheels

WHX??

:WRS:

Some of the fronts had bushings instead of the low speed bearings. Mostly on the early 60's tractors, but you never know where you will find them.  If your rims have an ID of     1 3/8"  you can pop out the bushing and install the bearings Red mentioned above. Measure carefully some rims with bushings had a slightly larger ID and bearings will be a sloppy fit. . Your rims should have grease zerks in them for both styles. Check your spindles for wear if you had the bushings installed.

Be careful of buying  the bearings Red listed above. You will find loads of on Fleabay and elsewhere but some are junk and some are fairly decent. If Red says he got some of the ones he listed are the decent ones that's good enough for me.

Keep in mind these are coined low precision bearings and for low speed only. You can get them in precision high speed too if you want to go the extra cost.

You will also see them listed as being sealed but if you are using them on a worker pop the inner seal out before installing and keep them greased. Trailer queen it won't matter.

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 1

dapetik
21 hours ago, WHX22 said:

:WRS:

Some of the fronts had bushings instead of the low speed bearings. Mostly on the early 60's tractors, but you never know where you will find them.  If your rims have an ID of     1 3/8"  you can pop out the bushing and install the bearings Red mentioned above.

Thank you for your reply. Looks like I have bushings. No time today to try to pop them out.

IMG_20190405_182023.jpg

MVIMG_20190330_160337-1612x1209.jpg

Edited by dapetik
  • Like 1