WVHillbilly520H

Cheap 520H Snow/Dozer Blade Extension

WVHillbilly520H

Well this was my cheap blade frame extension back in '98 when I bought my 520 I cheaped out and found a used 42" snow blade so back then I didn't know a whole lot about :wh: (came from a CUB CADET family) I figured I could just make it work with the swept front axle ,I used some angle iron and flat stock and moved the mold board about 3" forward center to center at mounting holes see pictures) after I got that fixed my dad (worked at a sheet metal factory) rolled me some side extensions that I welded on for a total width of 50" and painted it all black (since summer of 1998) but sitting outside hasn't been kind to it guess my next rehab project (thanks to Cleat and his latest),....     Oh a picture of my Xi blade shows the mounting points better of where I added the 3" extension for the swept axle... no cutting of the "A"frame or finding the high $ kit for the rear and lift links,Jeff.

IMAG2085.jpg

IMAG2086.jpg

IMAG2087.jpg

IMAG2088.jpg

IMAG2092.jpg

IMAG2089.jpg

IMAG2091.jpg

IMAG2093.jpg

• Like 1

312Hydro

Interesting solution that shows that there is always more than one way to skin a cat! Does the blade clear both tires at full angle?  Thanks for posting.:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

WVHillbilly520H
5 minutes ago, 312Hydro said:

Does the blade clear both tires at full angle? 

Yes it does, my quadrant only has the 3 positions, and before I made my final dimensions I kept trying it till I got it to clear, I just didn't want to cut the "A" frame up if I ever wanted to go back to original, and for the wear/scraper edge I used an old car/truck leaf spring clamped 1 end welded and kept moving a few inches weld repeat till it was flat all the way across and it has held up to this day only the corners are worn down any bit noticeable,Jeff.