Aldon

Adult Erector Set

squonk
10 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Talk about leaving some scars Ralphy.  

The ol' Red Rider had nothing on this.  :angry-nono:20161140_1.jpg?v=8D17255AB0E2C50

Friend of mine had one of those guns. He'd pump it up for like an hour and shoot pellets thru it. He would shoot beer cans with it (The real cans of the 60's and 70's) and blow a hole as big as a half dollar in them. :)

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  Is stunning what 150 pumps...  

and the barrel full of BB's will do too.  :blink:

• Like 5

Pollack Pete

So that's the start of my addictive ways.I guess I won't be needing any more therapy sessions.Haha.I also had an erector set.Actually still have it.Also had American bricks and Lincoln logs.Also had a couple other neat building toys......a Bridge and Turnpike set that you made roads with.Also a Girder and Panel set that you built buildings with.Had small plastic I-beams and small panels with either windows or doors.I played with all those toys for years.Thanks for the trip down memory lane Aldon.I loved those toys........

• Like 3

doc724

Since I posted yesterday, there have been many more replies.  I enjoyed them all.  The wood burning set brought back memories.  I never had those fancy brick building sets but a friend did.  Lots of fun building then destroying the buildings with rubber tipped "darts".  Also I saw in the paper yesterday where "Ralphie" of Red Ryder fame had a birthday.  I think it said he was 45   I also had one of those girder and panel sets like Pollak Pete.  It was hours and hours of fun.  Kids today cannot use their imagination.  Too many toys around that do nothing to stimulate their minds (legos may be an exception and some of the robotics too)

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, doc724 said:

legos may be an exception

My grand daughter is very conscientious and is obsessed with following directions. I helped her with a Lego motor home kit; as she assembled it I noticed that it was going together a bit backwards, but would work that way too. When she discovered that it didn't look exactly like the picture on the box she was very upset. I explained that it could be done her own way and we proceeded to build several variations with the same kit. I wanted her to incorporate parts from some of her other Lego sets but that was a bit too far "outside the box" an OCD six year old. Now her time is spent glued to electronic games, sad.  :(

• Like 2

Aldon

I too have been enjoying the stroll down memory lane as I read over the responses.

I had forgotten about the heinous impliment of disaster, the "wood burning iron". Lol

I KNOW I'll not see my grandkids let loose with a soldering iron:-) No way the parents will allow it. And if they did, social services would deem them irresponsible parents.

I will never forget building my own skate board from scratch and taking it down a half mile hill and catching gravel about 2/3rds down the hill. Shorts, sandals, Tshirt. No pads, no helmet and no fear. And when I walked into house my mother told me not to bleed in anything and go wash out the road rash.

I know I'm feeling old as I am sounding like my grandparents used to talk about how coddled the generations are now:-) 

• Like 2

squonk

My wife found this at a yard sale a few yrs. back. looks like it was hardly ever played with.

girder.jpg

• Like 3

Pollack Pete
11 hours ago, squonk said:

My wife found this at a yard sale a few yrs. back. looks like it was hardly ever played with.

girder.jpg

THATS the toy I was talking about.I wonder why toy manufacturers ever quit making great stuff like that? I would think there would be some kind of interest??? I know that I loved those toys.

• Like 2