Work Horse

D180 hydro pump leak

Work Horse

Hello Red Square,

I have a 18 auto ( I think) with a loader and love this machine. I used it to help me grade a driveway and it worked wonderfully. I did notice that she is leaking fluid from the hydo pump. Where the pump meets the manifold. I believe all I need to do is replace the gasket, but I haven't been able to find it online. Can I still get the gasket or should I get gasket and make one? 

20160208_165814.jpg

20160208_165844.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

Can't help you there Work Horse but I can tell you that is one nice looking rig. Guaranteed other will be along shortly to help.

:WRS:

82Caddy

It's not a single gasket but rather a grouping of o-rings and crush washers.

If you go to toro.com and enter in your tractor model number (1-0630 is a D200 and should be the exact same for the pump connection) it'll give you the part numbers for the o-rings.  You can buy them online or source them from a local hydraulic shop.

39520007.gif?1459187466243

Should be 4-58, 4-59 and 4-60 in a quantity of two for each if the leak is truly coming from the pump to manifold.

Edited by 82Caddy

pfrederi

The o rings and backer rings are still available from Toro  I have figured out the dash numbers and have a bunch if you want a set.....but to get at it is the problem.  You should plan on dropping your loader probably removing the frame (you may be able to work around it but I also have a rear PTO and there is to much stuff in the  way.  You will also want o buy a 5/16 extended allen socket. Note the length.

You will not need a sealing washer that is only on the hydro motor end

Download the sundstrand transmission manual here to see what is involved.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/24-transmission-hydro-sundstrand-sm-492-4206pdf/

This is not a short afternoon project.  WH built the D series around the pump

Make sure it is the manifold leaking and not the input shaft seal 4-88 that is running down the pump housing

It is doable but work.   Lots of experience at this site on the project

socket.JPG

tommyg

Have to echo Paul on this one. It's a project. Something to consider... I replaced my seals twice and could not control the leak. Turned out that there must have been a micro crack in the manifold itself that was actually leaking. But it's not easy to distinguish between the two. After replacing the manifold with a used one, problem was solved. Plan on half a day at least. And don't try to cut corners by not removing this or that. Best to give yourself lots of room or else you'll wind up cussing someone or something. The service manual recommends making two threaded guide "studs" with a slot cut on the end so you can install and remove with a screwdriver. It really makes re-installation easy and minimizes the risk of the o-rings shifting when reassembling. Good luck!

Work Horse

Thanks for the info. Working getting a parts tractor first. Found one and will start working on it soon. Will keep you posted. 

Fastagair

Can someone help locate the seal part number in the schematic 4-98

pfrederi
57 minutes ago, Fastagair said:

Can someone help locate the seal part number in the schematic 4-98

WH # 103461  CR# 6763

Fastagair

Thank you