majorbacon

877 Mower deck removal

majorbacon

Any one know the quick and easy method for removing a mower deck from an 877 model? Do not have a good manual with an explanation. Will figure it out eventually, just thought I would ask. Thanks

• Like 1

squonk

Remove the belt. Remove the hairpin clip at the lift rod to lift lever connection. Pull the front mount levers forward and the front pulley will drop out. Slide the deck out.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Actually, you want to release the front Attach-a-matic right after taking off the belt...then lower the deck with the lift arm and loosen the lift linkage by turning your adjustment star wheel out to give it slack.

I find that I have to jack up the front end a little to sneak the fins on the deck out from under the frame, and along with what Mike stated, if you slide the deck out the left side...turn the front wheels to the right.  :)  Takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

Reverse the procedure to put the deck back on.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:  Majorbacon.    BTW, I live about a mile from Bacon Road.

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

:WRS:   I was told when I joined, this is where you can horse around and get away with it.  B)

• Like 2

JPWH

:WRS:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Would a manual help?

Garry

• Like 1