gt4

Rare horses

gt4

What are the rare wheelhorses that seem to never come up for sale ?

• Like 1

russellmc301

elec tracs and pond Sr. seem rare to me and some tractors that very on rarity from area to area.

I'm a newer member but those seem to be rare.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

• Like 2

AMC RULES

• Like 3

dcrage

Well for sure the 512-D since it was only sold in Europe -- I believe I have read here on Red Square of a couple of them making to the States -- Also remember one of the long time members (TT, i.e. Terry) saying that that model was actually a 300 series tractor with the Robin diesel engine -- I guess he was referring to axle sizes and such

• Like 3

slammer302

I know its probably not considered rare but i don't see many 417-A or 417-8 for sale in my area.

• Like 2

buckrancher

754, 520-8,  lever steer, RJ25, 1045, E141,1046, LSE420, RS83 senior, early alum steering wheel RJ35, pond two wheel walk behind tractors

Brian

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

Any :wh: for sale in central Virginia is rare.

• Like 6

Theroundhousernr
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Any :wh: for sale in central Virginia is rare.

Well you just have to sneak some over the state lines... but not from PA... Go to NJ or CT or something..:laughing-rofl:

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
55 minutes ago, Theroundhousernr said:

Well you just have to sneak some over the state lines... but not from PA... Go to NJ or CT or something..:laughing-rofl:

No no no, Pa. Has all the real rare stuff. Lol

Glenn

• Like 5

"D"- Man

I think finding an 18 Automatic, D-180 or a D-200 with the under hood insulation is the rarest one I know of.  I have seen quite a few of these models, but none with this still intact.

• Like 1

tractorhogg
10 hours ago, slammer302 said:

I know its probably not considered rare but i don't see many 417-A or 417-8 for sale in my area.

Same reason you don't see many C-175's, same engine that had design issues on both series one and series two versions. They eventually straightened it out with the Magnum engine line, but Kohler ate a lot of those KT17 engines and the customer ate a bunch too.

stevasaurus

Don't forget...they also had Snowmobiles and Snowmobile Trailers.  :)

• Like 5

Tankman

I don't see too many 520-8's. Love mine, runs and works great although I often think, "Geez, a hydro would be nice".  :unsure:

Dethatch_520-8.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse
9 hours ago, Theroundhousernr said:

Watch out I will be in Pa. on April 7th staying the weekend. I have a sneaky uncle with a big barn watch out for horses and chickens.:ph34r:

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Watch out I will be in Pa. on April 7th staying the weekend. I have a sneaky uncle with a big barn watch out for horses and chickens.:ph34r:

I will have to send out the suicide bomber tecumseh's.

• Like 2

Tankman
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You do know, taking Horses out of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is a felony punishable by law, you have to pickup a big box store "tractor" and use it

for a lifetime. That's if you can keep it working otherwise a 4-blade push reel mower forevermore.

If you bring a Horse to Penn's Woods you are rewarded with a jug of hard apple cider to wash down funnel cakes.

PA-Seal.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:angry-nono:  Not true.  

I've been able to sneak a couple Pa trophies across the border...

with absolutely no threat of violence at all. :ychain: :ychain: :ychain:IMG_2531.thumb.JPG.c786214a8fa0268bafef4IMG_3701.thumb.JPG.f033f17595211e0730ca2IMG_2998.thumb.JPG.3b80536448fe30118f7eaIMG_0342.thumb.JPG.b44f1df4f015f18c146f0 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 6

slammer302
4 hours ago, tractorhogg said:

Same reason you don't see many C-175's, same engine that had design issues on both series one and series two versions. They eventually straightened it out with the Magnum engine line, but Kohler ate a lot of those KT17 engines and the customer ate a bunch too.

I know the series 1 Kohler had issues had one over the summer on a C-175 it still ran good sold it to a local guy. But I thought the series 2 was supposed to be a good engine.

• Like 1

tbarnhart

I don't know how rare these are, and its not really a separate model, but in '74, some of the C-160 8-speeds had a Tecumseh OH160 ohv engine instead of the K341. Pretty much the same tractor otherwise, except the front of the hood was raised up to clear the taller engine.

IMG_1397b.JPG

• Like 7

Al C.

I brought this one across the boarder from PA to Ohio a couple years ago.  1067 8-speed.  Nothing fancy, but boy can it work!

IMG_4905.PNG

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:40 AM, AMC RULES said:

:text-yeahthat:

IMG_0322.thumb.JPG.4493d2b2ba04f313537d4IMG_0323.thumb.JPG.4a128dc6e89f78a0434b8

Boy that was a great find and set up. Those where great trailers. very handy.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.

Aldon

You don't see too many of the fiberglass hooded twin Briggs C161's out there.

Seems to be a lot of prejudice or preference for the kohlers. But I really like my C161. 

I plan on restoring it once I have the GT14 wrapped up.

• Like 2

tractorhogg
7 minutes ago, Aldon said:

You don't see too many of the fiberglass hooded twin Briggs C161's out there.

Seems to be a lot of prejudice or preference for the kohlers. But I really like my C161. 

I plan on restoring it once I have the GT14 wrapped up.

That's kind of funny because over on the Simplicity tractors forum, they treat owners of Kohler powered tractors like a redheaded step child. The digs and insults comparing Kohlers to toilets and sinks never, never ends. In their minds the Briggs was the best and only engine to have. I know they are a good engine, but I don't see a side to disparging either engine, neither are as good as my Wisconsin S14-D engine my Large Frame Bolens 1476, lol, lol, just kidding, sort of. In all fairness the Tecumseh OH160s were a great engine as well, I have two of those too.

• Like 2