Your Shirtless Neighbor

Rebuilt HH60 Woes

Your Shirtless Neighbor

Took it to the shop. Tech said it looks fine and it's probably the wiper ring installed wrong. 

I'll slap it back together and give it another try. 

squonk

I really don't care. I find it hard to believe that an old Tecky has a bore that's std. and in spec. Good Luck!

Your Shirtless Neighbor

Well, deal with it. 

This motor has pretty low hours on it. The only reason someone junked it was because the governor blew up and smashed the piston. 

I got it reassembled and double checked my ring placement, before bolting it all back together. Then "primed" the motor with a drill on the flywheel spinning as fast as it could go. 

Only a very tiny bit of oil made it to the top of the piston after 2 minutes of turning over at slightly slower than idle speeds. 

Before, when I took the head off after it was smoking there was a half a shot glass worth of oil in the combustion chamber. 

Test fire tomorrow. 

I don't know what most of you guys have a problem with.... I've had Briggs and Honda motors in worse condition with .030 ring gap, bent connecting rods, worn out tappets, leaky head gaskets, all run and not smoke as much as this motor did. 

Your Shirtless Neighbor

Fired up, no smoke. Just need to tweak the carb a bit. Maybe I'll just toss a $15 Chinese one on it for the hell of it.

pfrederi
1 hour ago, AimlessMoto said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4D12AB6y9M

Start-to-Finish and all the screw-ups included. Enjoy!

Says it is private....

Your Shirtless Neighbor

Fixed!