Phatboy

Throttle control 3-10-8

Phatboy

Does any one have any ideas on how to stop my trottle control from inching its way down while im plowing? I set my trottle to full throttle and it sneaks  its way back down to like half way where it stays,, is there a way to tighten it up maybe smashing the rivet maybe? Or does anyone know of a good replacement that has settings or notches or bump clicks or something so it cant move once set,,, any ideas would be helpful thanks

rjg854

I'd be interested in seeing some of the replies to this query also. I've got a twist lock throttle cable and even that doesn't hold steady. What are some of the solutions :eusa-think:

Phatboy

Yea mine on a 3-10-8 is a slide up and down trottle, maybe a very small headed sheet metal screw on the main part of the control so the lever has to "Bump" over it to move down maybe ? Dont know hoping someone has either a good locking one replacement brand i can buy or something some where, 

scotty

I squeezed my throttle cable where it pivots on my 414-8 very tightly with vice grips and it cured it from slideing.

Ed Kennell

Drill out the rivet and put in a bolt with a nylock not so you can adjust the friction.

• Like 4

tunahead72

I'm with scotty on this one, it's the easiest thing to try first, and it usually works well.  You don't necessarily have to squeeze very hard, I usually tighten with the vise grips just a little at first, see if that works, and then tighten a little bit more if necessary.  I've done that with my 310-8 and C-105, and it's solved the problem and held up for several years so far.

• Like 2

Phatboy

Thanks for the help guys and all your replys,, im gonna try the vice grip method first and if all else fails ill get out the drill and see if i cant make a mess of things lmao !! Again thanks guys...

• Like 1

cheesegrader

I had this issue on a 520.

Squeezed the rivet with pliers, and it was better for a while, but didn't last.  Too loose.

Then I took it off, and squeezed the rivet down with a vise.  Worked better, but it was Too tight.

Until the cable broke off at one of the bends.

THEN, I bought a new throttle control and cable assembly.  Because that is what happens when I break things.

And now, it is just right.

• Like 1

Phatboy

Ok i gave it a good squeeze with the vice grips then took them off and it seems to have done the trick ,,, not to tight but its tight now ,, thanks guys you are great !! Really appreciate the help !!

• Like 2