Aldon

3 Point chains - source

Aldon

Hey all,

just wondering if one of the site vendor/sponsors sells these chain/yoke sets new or if anyone knows a source elsewhere.

The yokes are the most necessary part. Chain is easy:)

I am all for supporting the site vendor/sponsors if plausible.

I would like to replace the set on my GT14 3 point. 

BTW, I pilfered the pic from "threeHorses" sale thread for easy reference.

Would also be interested in a new set of adjustable lift rods.

Thanks!

56a68162dc6e0_3pointswaychains.thumb.JPG

Edited by Aldon

BEN LORUSSO

those just look like threaded clevis ends you can get at a hardware store and a threaded hook. no?

• Like 1

Aldon

Ordinarily yes but smaller than what I have been able to find at tractor supply or other hardware stores. 

And the the adjustable shafts are unique.

JPWH

Aldon are those 1/4 or 5/16 yokes? If so look at gate hardware. They are used use to control the drop for a wooden gate. You will probably have to buy 2 to get 2 right hand threads.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Those yokes usually have fine or SAE thread. A source for a bolt with matching thread is a center bolt for leaf springs. They have a simple round head and more thread than a normal bolt and sometimes threaded all the way.

Garry

• Like 1

Aldon

Thanks for the assistance. I believe diameter of male eye bolt and female yoke is 7/16 and threads to be 1/4-28.

But accurately identifying such is not a significant skill of mine. 

I found the yoke on Fastenals web site and need to find the eye bolt to match and I'll be able to rig up a couple chains. Fastenal may have the bolts as well......

• Like 1

Aldon

I am posting  this in case soemone else in future wishes to replace the 3 point chains.

I'm pretty sure the parts I have on hand are 1/4 28 thread. However I had no luck finding an open eye bolt in that thread.

I am pretty confident that the thread count on this is not a big deal.

I resorted to 1/4-20 thread and found both at McMasterCarr. I was able to get them both zinc plated so they will resist rusting a bit longer.

56a77f20e47e2_ClevisYokeandOpenEyeBoltfo

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 1

pfrederi
14 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I am posting  this in case soemone else in future wishes to replace the 3 point chains.

I'm pretty sure the parts I have on hand are 1/4 28 thread. However I had no luck finding an open eye bolt in that thread.

I am pretty confident that the thread count on this is not a big deal.

I resorted to 1/20 thread and found both at McMasterCarr. I was able to get them both zinc plated so they will resist rusting a bit longer.

56a77f20e47e2_ClevisYokeandOpenEyeBoltfo

hooks.JPG

• Like 1

Aldon

I received my new Yoke hardware this morning. This will replace my old rusted up parts nicely. Will not be able to note difference from the original set up. Which may not have even been original. May have been what one of th eprior owners installed.

56a8e70ea0eaf_New3pointyoke.thumb.jpg.ef

• Like 1