Xearl

Snow thrower

Xearl

523DXI  with 2 stage snow thrower . I am getting a new idler sprocket and I figured I mind as well put on a new chain while i'm at it . Looking around on the forum I found some that said it was # 40  roller chain . Cn nyone tell me for sure that is correct ?  They also make a #41 . The model no. is 8900460 . Thanks  ED

WNYPCRepair
19 minutes ago, Xearl said:

523DXI  with 2 stage snow thrower . I am getting a new idler sprocket and I figured I mind as well put on a new chain while i'm at it . Looking around on the forum I found some that said it was # 40  roller chain . Cn nyone tell me for sure that is correct ?  They also make a #41 . The model no. is 8900460 . Thanks  ED

Assuming it is the same thrower as mine, it uses #40, same as the single stage blower. 

Does it look like the one on page 2 of this topic?

60365-my-522xi-functional-redo

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

Xearl

Yes . That's it .

snow thrower mount.jpg

Xearl

Thank you WNYPCRepair.   I see they have chain at Tractor Supply .  Sprocket is in the mail  .  

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
3 hours ago, Xearl said:

Yes . That's it .

snow thrower mount.jpg

Wish I had one of those to lift mine. :)

gwest_ca

Believe the model number is 79366 and the 8900460 serial number makes it a 1998 model.

There were 2 manuals in 1998 with the first 500 units using one plus an addendum and 501-up the other.

Garry

• Like 1