Xearl

Snow thrower

Xearl

523DXI  with 2 stage snow thrower . I am getting a new idler sprocket and I figured I mind as well put on a new chain while i'm at it . Looking around on the forum I found some that said it was # 40  roller chain . Cn nyone tell me for sure that is correct ?  They also make a #41 . The model no. is 8900460 . Thanks  ED

WNYPCRepair

Duplicate post?

Xearl

Yes it is . I can't seem to delete it . I tried . Maybe you can help me out ???

WHX??

Yes # 40,  I would replace both idlers if yours had two like mine. I also replaced the drive sprocket as it was quite worn. Worn sprockets will quickly eat a new chain.  Got the replacement drive from Motion Ind and the idlers from mowparts.com. Chain came from Ace but this guys have nice o-ring chains and even stainless for more money... http://www.rollerchain4less.com/

Now I see the dual posts guess you just have to follow both Xearl....:angry-banghead:

• Like 1

Xearl

Thanks WHX6