Xearl

I am going to motorize the shoot deflector on my snow thrower but I don't know how to wire the switch and route the wires.switch2.htmswtich2.thumb.jpg.99a2a0d1d59bf97d969c74 .  I have a 523DXI  .

switch 0.jpg

Edited by Xearl

wallfish

Switch used should be a DPDT

2 center terminals + - to the motor. Doesn't matter which side is which

flip flop + - on the out side terminals. Be sure to power it so it turns off with the key and maybe add a 20A fuse in there too. I'm not familiar with your tractor but you can pull the key switch out. Should be an "A" terminal for accessory so you can wire it from there and use any ground point on the steel of the tractor for the - feeding the ouside terminals of the switch

So basically the switch is reversing the polarity going to the motor for switching the direction it spins. Test before installing and mount the switch so the chute travels the same direction you are pushing the switch.

200856132346_DPDT.JPG

http://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-TO%3a-Wire-a-DPDT-rocker-switch-for-reversing-po/

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

Xearl

Thanks Wallfish ! That's just what I needed . I knew Red Square would come through .  ED  ---- Xearl   ( Remember Then )

wallfish

:thumbs:

• Like 1

cleat

And do not forget to add a fuse on the red wire going to the battery.

Cleat

Xearl
11 hours ago, wallfish said:

:thumbs:

Thanks for the advice .   ED

jeff lary

I know no one here would believe this but I was honestly just wondering if anyone had ever figured a way to power angle the shoot. Freaking amazing this place is  !! I probably am not clever enough to do it but I was just about to post the question ! Jeff

Edited by jeff lary

can whlvr

yes its been done,i think duke powered his,both ways,up and down,and side to side

Xearl

I have a 10 AMP circuit breaker left over from my boat . I wonder if that would work  ?