Tankman

Snow Blade Edge

Tankman

A friend dropped off a 48" Craftsman dozer blade, free.

I don't need the blade (have four or more). I was interested in the rubber homemade edge.

PO cut a tire to fab a squeegee edge.

blade_craftsman.png

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

WHX??

Interesting, and easy & cheap to replace.  Wonder why manufacturers haven't done this and how it would work on a blower. Would be gentle on driveways & gravel/grass that's not quite frozen.

cheesegrader

I've seen the same thing done with conveyor belt strips.

The belts are used on corn pickers, grain handlers and silo loaders...

About the thickness of tire side wall, with a fiber mesh sandwiched in the core.

Fleet+Farm sells an 8" wide version, about $2 per foot 

Split it down to 4", and bolt it under the old scraper bar.

KC9KAS
1 hour ago, WHX6 said:

Interesting, and easy & cheap to replace.  Wonder why manufacturers haven't done this and how it would work on a blower. Would be gentle on driveways & gravel/grass that's not quite frozen.

Manufactures do make them....In my small community the street department uses the rubber cutting edge on their MEYER brand plows

I asked them how well they hold up and do they "skip" on the blacktop. They have a weight on the plow that lessens the skip and it really lasts much longer than you might think....But, I am the one that cleans the 2 blocks around my house, not them!

Ed Kennell

I've made blade scrapers, flappers for the blower augers, and truck mud flaps from old rubber truck bed mats.   The mats are about 3/8" thick and are fiber reinforced ,

and the price is usually free from a local used truck bed cap dealer.   I cut them to shape on a wood cutting band saw.

• Like 1