Sign in to follow this  
Gernzz8

Amerind-MacKissic 9-WH Shredder

Gernzz8

I purchased this shredder shortly after I acquired my B100. I changed the idler pulley, found the correct belt (after the 4th try, thanks ACE hardware).

When I mounted the adapter to the frame, I noticed that the "through bolt" was 7/16" (only the through bolt the other short bolts where 3/8") and my frame accommodated 3/8". I installed bushings and installed an 8' x 3/8" bolt. I hung the shredder onto the mount and noticed the belt was rubbing on the hood. I pulled the shredder pulley out as far as I can go (I'm about a 1/16" past the shaft, it has 2 set screws). Better, but no cigar. 

My question is: The mounting adapter is flush at the PTO side. Should I revamp the mounting adapter and offset it more to the PTO side? In my research all the MacKissic mounting adapters look like mine "Flush" on the PTO side. 

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

As of now, I have to manipulate the hood open to run the shredder.

GlenPettit

MacKissic made that same shredder for basically all the Garden Tractors, just the mounts were different, I would suspect your mount was for another brand, you may have to cut & re-position and weld that mount to fit.  I had to shim out the frame a little on both sides on mine to make it fit, hood still opens and the PTO pulleys line up perfect (paid $300, it was used by a grocery store to shred Aluminum cans for years, I saw no damage from that use).

MacKissic is still in business, still has all the parts, manuals and decals available and their prices are very fair, nice Web site, but that same shredder is over $2,000 new now.  I've purchased a couple of different hole-size screens from them and use this shredder every Fall, really like it; collect from in the city and incorperate over 100 bags of shredded leaves each year into the garden.

MacKissic copy.JPG

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 3