378Pete

Seat recommendation

378Pete

What do most of you guys use for replacement seats on tractors like 1277, 877, 656 and similar. I have a few tractors that need seats and just looking for something cheap that looks like the stock seats did. Any recommendations?

RedRanger

Do you have the original pans?  If they are the steel ones, you can get new covers and reupholster them.

I don't think there are any new ones that are going to look like stock.

056.thumb.jpg.48e28aeefaa37851c3e296fbf5

• Like 3

378Pete

Shouldn't have said like stock. Looking for something affordable and doesn't look like an eyesore on the tractor. 

RedRanger
5 minutes ago, 69chargerv8 said:

Shouldn't have said like stock. Looking for something affordable and doesn't look like an eyesore on the tractor. 

I'd probably look into these if you want a low back.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200403214_200403214?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Seats%20%3E%20Lawn%20Tractor%20%2B%20Utility%20Vehicle%20Seats&utm_campaign=A%20%26%20I&utm_content=716923&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=716923&gclid=CLTpgODUpcoCFYYjgQod9TAIzg

5695acda1d8a1_photo(1).jpg.3096ab5115bf9

Edited by RedRanger

378Pete

RedRanger

Not mine.  I pulled the pic from the Northern Tool site.

They can mount either way though.  Some tractors have springs or adjustable tracks, some don't.

378Pete
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

Not mine.  I pulled the pic from the Northern Tool site.

They can mount either way though.  Some tractors have springs or adjustable tracks, some don't.

Northern tool has a nice wheel horse?

• Like 1

RedRanger
1 hour ago, 69chargerv8 said:

Northern tool has a nice wheel horse?

In the customer reviews for the above seat.  Click on the linky above.

AMC RULES

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/56597-seat-covers/

4 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Do you have the original pans?  If they are the steel ones, you can get new covers and reupholster them.

:text-yeahthat:http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/56597-seat-covers/

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
10 hours ago, RedRanger said:

that is what I did with mine. It cost me about $60 $80 to get them redone about the  same price as a seat you buy from something  like Tractor supply. Just my:twocents-02cents:

I don't think there are any new ones that are going to look like stock.

• Like 1

TDF5G

check Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, Orscheln, if you have those in your area.

378Pete

My local TS has a few in stock so I am gonna grab one Saturday. The ones at northern tool are priced right but with shipping its about the same as TS. As far as reupholstering mine, I don't have the time or ability to pull off such a task. 

SPINJIM

Search for Michigan seats.   They have the WH style seats without the Horse logo.  Available in tall back or low.   Has about four sets of holes for attachment to many different brands, including WH (7" x 7 1/2").   

Jim

• Like 1

Martin

I used the Michigan seat from Northern Tool for my mid 60s tractors. The V-3500.  http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_7687_7687

One thing that you will have to deal with on the mid 60s and up until they used the wider seat pan is these style seats will need to have seat springs used on the 70s tractors with the 7" x 7 1/2" bolt pattern. Without the springs, the seat will contact the 'fender' part of the seat pan.

SPINJIM
2 hours ago, Martin said:

I used the Michigan seat from Northern Tool for my mid 60s tractors. The V-3500.  http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_7687_7687

One thing that you will have to deal with on the mid 60s and up until they used the wider seat pan is these style seats will need to have seat springs used on the 70s tractors with the 7" x 7 1/2" bolt pattern. Without the springs, the seat will contact the 'fender' part of the seat pan.

Yep. I ran into that problem too.  I solved it by using some rubber spacers between the the seat and the fender to just lift the seat 3/4".   The seat bumpers that are used under the newer WHs (310, 312, etc) did the trick.  Also heard of someone using hockey pucks with a hole drilled in the middle.

Martin

The spacer idea works to get the seat away from the seat pan, but my back thanks me every time i ride those 60s tractors that have been converted to the springs. I mowed for a season or two on our bumpy lawn with an 875 and 1277 without those springs and never again. Those unsprung seats nearly crippled me!

• Like 2

boovuc

Take your seat to an automotive reupholster for an estimate. I have had two done by a local gentleman to me and the cost is half that of a new seat. Ask around your neck of the woods for a good one.

SPINJIM
6 hours ago, Martin said:

The spacer idea works to get the seat away from the seat pan, but my back thanks me every time i ride those 60s tractors that have been converted to the springs. I mowed for a season or two on our bumpy lawn with an 875 and 1277 without those springs and never again. Those unsprung seats nearly crippled me!

Good point.

mikekot3

www.Turfseats.com look under lawn and garden section and click on KM UNI Pro brand.  I looking at getting KM UNI PRO 123 for my WH416-8 tractor.

Tankman

Found a wrecked Jazzie at the curb one day. I took the seat, arm rests were trashed.

Seat was gray, sprayed it black using Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric rattle can paint, worked great.

Like the seat, folds down when not in use.

Horse_416.jpg

• Like 1

378Pete
On 1/18/2016 at 9:14 PM, boovuc said:

Take your seat to an automotive reupholster for an estimate. I have had two done by a local gentleman to me and the cost is half that of a new seat. Ask around your neck of the woods for a good one.

I think this is what I will do to a couple I am refreshing. But the 1257 and 1277 are gonna be workers and I found nice seats at tractor supply for $99 that have nice back and arm rests. Thanks to everyone for there suggestions because it helped a lot in choosing what works best for me.